“Great value, Great Entertainment”

Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Spent a very enjoyable 6 days here, on the occasion of a corporate conference. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and well-appointed, and the room rates, at least for extended stays, are very reasonable. Also no criticism of the conference facilities, or the catering, except that the Continental breakfast buffet contained a little too much pastry for my taste, and not much of anything else.
Was lucky enough to sample most of the dining options: the Buffet is sumptuous, inventive and delicious; the Ameristar Bar and Diner terrific for bar meals and sports; and the Falcon Diner caters for most breakfast tastes. One recommendation here is to sit at the bar if you require quick service.
I didn't spend too much time in either the casino or the spa, though both are clearly big attractions in their own right.
In all, a very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Thank you for the positive feedback, Kenny. Well, it sounds like we accomplished our goal: to be the best casino entertainment company in the world. We hope you come back to visit soon again. Thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

First thing I wondered how 3 TV's in double room. But what sold me was when clerk said has sunken living room .parking was difficult to figure out but there's complimentary valet service we just didn't use it. Awesome room we've stayed in many places this is one of the best .biggest flat screen I've ever seen in a room and there's two and of course TV in the bathroom a must for you're luxurious stay .then there's glass inclosed shower and the super deep soaking tub!! Of course room is huge and I can't think of anything they forgot. Then we went to one of the many restaurants and was told today buffet is buy one get one free !! And again they didn't forget a thing prime rib, turkey, smoked pork, steak, and hibachi grill and more more more .everyone was excellent .this is a must go to anytime even close .

• Stayed: May 2014
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

It sounds like you were indeed spoiled during your stay! But don't be surprised; we work hard to 'wow' our guests with our spacious, fully loaded all-suite hotel, various dining outlets with plentiful selections, amazing deals and most of all our warm service. Please come back to visit soon for another well deserved getaway. Thank you for being our guest and for this great review.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I have never written a review for a hotel. Sure I've experienced a few undesirable instances over the years but have always been able to resolve them quickly and easily with friendly hotel staff. Not the case with ameristar and our experience with casino security was so unbelievable and their hotel staff are so uninterested with guest treatment it's worth my time to post my complaints for the first time ever. If you are looking for an overpriced room to sleep and do nothing else waste your money here. If you are looking for a weekend getaway, keep searching. Choose any other casino/resort. TRUST me.
We were staying at ameristar for a work promotion my husband earned compliments of the vendor. There were 21 people in our group ages 25-45. All professionals and their spouses. We were all treated to dinner at the steak house where everyone had a reasonable amount of alcohol during the 4 course 2.5 hour dinner. My husband had two cocktails. After dinner we headed to the casino where 5 people in our group were denied access to the casino, my husband included. The security guards pick and choose who they question while others freely walk into the casino without being carded. I too was pulled aside and questioned and had only had a couple glasses of wine. I was granted access to the casino but was put off by the demeanor of the security guard and the tone of his questioning. I actually laughed and smiled at first because I honestly thought he was being sarcastic and it was just his way of trying to be funny with harmless banter. Then I quickly realized he was serious and was so confused. He questioned why I wanted to go in since my husband can't. What does that matter to him? Upon entry we stood there dumbfounded while 1/4 of our party stood outside the entrance. As we stood there a young girl was escorted in by 2 friends without question or being carded. I kid you not each friend had an elbow to hold her up, her eyes were barely open, and her head bobbed from side to side. She was obviously intoxicated and very well could have been a minor but entered without incident. (Her friends proceeded to place her in a seat at the bar next to them where she passed out cold for two hours. I noticed this later and took a picture after our night continued and I addressed security with the further treatment of my husband I'll continue with.)
Those that were denied access were told by someone passing by to just go get a player's card and go to the other entrance. They did and weren't harassed by security at all at that entrance or told they "appeared" to intoxicated to be permitted on the casino floor "per Missouri state law"-funny we were at the lumineer a month prior in downtown St. Louis and by the looks of the crowd there you would question if state law applies throughout a state!? All 5 were granted access to the casino without question.
Fast forward 1.5 hours. My husband had been playing craps with several coworkers at the same table the entire time and I swear had only water to drink because he wanted to gamble and didn't want to risk it. I was off playing blackjack with one of the wives and we continued to drink as most other people in our group. I went to find my husband to get more cash when I ran out and was told by his colleague he was asked to leave. Security came up and asked to speak with him. They claimed he was "swaying" at the table and they noticed "delay in his response time to pick up chips" when he won. The table was crowded and the two gentlemen he was standing between said he wasn't and THE DEALERS asked what the issue was because they hadn't had any problems or observed any unordinary behavior and he had been playing for quite awhile. Security ignored them, paused the game, and forced him to cash out his $380 winnings. A colleague said he'd cash out too and said they'd just go hang out at one of the bars within the resort where some of our party had gone. Security followed them and said they weren't allowed to go to a bar and had to go straight to their room. It was only 11:00. They were so baffled but just went upstairs. My husband's key would not work with several attempts. So they went to the other gentleman's room. His key too would not work. Unbelievable. And get this...they went down to the front desk and the same three casino security guards were standing there just staring as if they were waiting for my husband or his friend to cause a scene. If you haven't been there, the front desk is no where near the casino where they should of returned to. My husband didn't give in to their childish bullying behavior. They got a new key and went up to their room.
When I found out he was escorted out and called him and heard the details I was stunned. I was told by several people who witnessed it, including a dealer, it was completely uncalled for, but my husband remained compliant the entire time. I went to take a picture of the young girl passed out in the bar. I then went to the security at the entrance the 5 in our group were allowed to pass through and very politely explained to that guard what had occurred from the beginning. He kindly explained it was Missouri state law that you could not be intoxicated on the casino floor. I said I had heard that, but the problem is they weren't and wondered if he could explain this-and showed him the picture. He said he's sure it's been handled and I informed him I just took the picture, she's in clear view of bar staff and anyone with eyes that walks by, and she's been passed out for over an hour, after she had to practically be carried into the casino by friends and wasn't questioned or carded. I asked if the casino bar counted as the casino floor. He said yes and he would immediately take care of it. (Sorry young girl that I ratted you out! But I couldn't resist proving their discrimination and inconsistency of enforcing the "law".)
I then returned to my room, where mysteriously my key worked just fine. In the morning my husband's old and new key worked just fine. I wanted to go talk to someone and felt someone should be made aware and held accountable, and we should be compensated in some way. My husband said we could go talk to someone but he didn't want any compensation because he wanted to leave ASAP and there's no way we would ever be returning after he was treated like some teenage delinquent for no reason whatsoever. So we didn't bother and left.
Upon returning home this evening we couldn't let it go and felt someone from the resort would want to know how their guests were treated. We were wrong. 4 phone calls to the resort and you would not believe the lack of customer service. He was talked over, given excuses, not once offered an apology, and the supposed HEAD of security hung up on him! My husband never raised his voice and two of the people were so loud and rude I could hear plain as day as if the phone was on speaker. The only names we remember are Jessica and Jacob. I was so stunned and upset by they're lack of respect I decided to waste my time writing this review so we feel we were heard in some way. The ameristar staff was so incredibly out of line on so many accounts. I can't imagine how someone who would actually be breaking a law or causing harm on their premises would be treated. Based on our experience you'd think it'd be shoot to kill!
After first impressions of the beautiful grounds I thought it'd be a great spot for my parents upcoming 40th anniversary or my my grandmother's 90th bday because they like to gamble. But god forbid you pay for an expensive room at a CASINO resort and expect to be able to go into the casino or drink on the premises! That would be the reason to stay at such a place! So no, we'll find an accommodating friendly place to celebrate. You should do the same. I really don't know how they sleep at night. Their security guards are on some kind of power trip and the hotel staff doesn't seem to be concerned with how their hotel GUESTS are treated by them.
I promise no part of this is made or even exaggerated. It was that ridiculous and belittling. Ok I feel better now.

Room Tip: Location terrible because the only reason you would go there is to sleep and you can go to any hotel...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
25  Thank A O
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I love this hotel!!! The rooms were beautiful and so big! Step down into a living room with chairs and a couch. Your own TV while you soak in the bath tub. A great swimming pool and hot tubs to relax! Would go more often but this hotel is pricey unless you can find a really good deal but we did love our stay!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2014

While driving south on I55, we stopped ay the Ameristar in St Charles, Mo. Excellent hotel! The lobby was impressive and you know right away this is not a standard place. Check in was smooth although the rate I had was about $50 less then what the desk clerk wanted to charge me. Since I had a printout of the reservation, she fixed the rate, no questions asked. She also mentioned that some hotel booking websites have this rate issue.

The rooms at this hotel are outstanding. SUPER clean. We had two beds and each room has a sunken living room. Great extra place to relax. Nice bathroom too.

We had dinner in the diner. Food was okay. Too much pepper in the pot roast. Next we walked to the casino. It's a little far from the hotel but the made to look like a small town. The only thing we hate is the smoke in the casino. Wish it was smoke free like in Illinois. The casino decor is very nice, and it is big. Also ate at the buffet. Unfortunately, the food was not too good.

Overall, loved the hotel, enjoyed the gaming but not the smoke, had some meals that were okay but nothing to brag about. Would recommend as a stop for a day or two for a quick get away.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank TripTime12345
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This was a local vacation for my husband and I. The customer service was amazing at all levels. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The hotel rooms were beautiful, spacious, and comfortable. The indoor/outdoor pool with hot tubs were gorgeous and a great way to relax. The dining was also very good and they have reasonably priced room service. Ameristar is such a great place to enjoy the weekend or just a night out. I love the atmosphere of the indoor city with the brick walkways, shops, dining, clubs, and the casino. There is so much to do without even leaving Ameristar, but you can also enjoy Historic Main Street in St. Charles just right around the corner. We had a great time and will definitely do it again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Angie N
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Just spent two days here last week for meetings, best venue you could ask for. Rooms are just exceptional, can't say enough about how nice they are. Large, well apointed, comfortable with flat screen TV's everywhere you turn. Meeting rooms are nice, several restaraunts and a sports bar to choose from for dining. Pool and workout area are also well above average. Can't think of a negative, this is probably the nicest room I will stay in this year.

Room Tip: You have a choice of River or highway side, River has an excellent view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Embassy Suites by Hilton St. Louis St. Charles
Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis St. Charles
Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles
Comfort Suites St.Charles - St.Louis

Been to Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles? Share your experiences!