“Is this a suite?? No, this is a regular room!”

Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Saint Charles
Chicago, Illinois
“Is this a suite?? No, this is a regular room!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

While driving south on I55, we stopped ay the Ameristar in St Charles, Mo. Excellent hotel! The lobby was impressive and you know right away this is not a standard place. Check in was smooth although the rate I had was about $50 less then what the desk clerk wanted to charge me. Since I had a printout of the reservation, she fixed the rate, no questions asked. She also mentioned that some hotel booking websites have this rate issue.

The rooms at this hotel are outstanding. SUPER clean. We had two beds and each room has a sunken living room. Great extra place to relax. Nice bathroom too.

We had dinner in the diner. Food was okay. Too much pepper in the pot roast. Next we walked to the casino. It's a little far from the hotel but the made to look like a small town. The only thing we hate is the smoke in the casino. Wish it was smoke free like in Illinois. The casino decor is very nice, and it is big. Also ate at the buffet. Unfortunately, the food was not too good.

Overall, loved the hotel, enjoyed the gaming but not the smoke, had some meals that were okay but nothing to brag about. Would recommend as a stop for a day or two for a quick get away.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank TripTime12345

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Defiance, Missouri
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This was a local vacation for my husband and I. The customer service was amazing at all levels. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The hotel rooms were beautiful, spacious, and comfortable. The indoor/outdoor pool with hot tubs were gorgeous and a great way to relax. The dining was also very good and they have reasonably priced room service. Ameristar is such a great place to enjoy the weekend or just a night out. I love the atmosphere of the indoor city with the brick walkways, shops, dining, clubs, and the casino. There is so much to do without even leaving Ameristar, but you can also enjoy Historic Main Street in St. Charles just right around the corner. We had a great time and will definitely do it again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Angie N
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Just spent two days here last week for meetings, best venue you could ask for. Rooms are just exceptional, can't say enough about how nice they are. Large, well apointed, comfortable with flat screen TV's everywhere you turn. Meeting rooms are nice, several restaraunts and a sports bar to choose from for dining. Pool and workout area are also well above average. Can't think of a negative, this is probably the nicest room I will stay in this year.

Room Tip: You have a choice of River or highway side, River has an excellent view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 493DaveJ
Kansas City
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Ameristar St Charles is one of our favorite spots to visit. We've come here just as a couple, and several times with our young children. We spend the day doing touristy things in downtown St Charles and St Louis.....then normally end up back at the hotel and visit the pool, watch the fountain, let the kids play with the arcade a bit. Then after the kids go to sleep, we sometimes take turns going down and playing some in the casino. We love the rooms, and even with two small children, the room is large enough that the day doesn't have to end with they go to sleep. We even sometimes move a chair or two into the bathroom and hang out, watch tv, etc (for those that haven't been, there is a tv in the bathroom, and it's big enough to double as a small den).
Having said ALL of that.....as much as my 3 year old son is attached to this place, and as much as we like it.....unless the slots loosen up a bit, we may try a different casino/resort on out next trip. Consistently the hardest place to win that we've been.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank kcrkcc
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Hotel was very pretty in the lobby area. Rooms were nice and clean. Pool was nice as well.
If your wanting to be right in the action of Saint Louis this is not the place. It's a nice 25 minute drive from downtown. If your wanting to just gamble and go to the resturants/ clubs in Ameristar then this is the perfect hotel.
We went for a bachelorette party and had a great time!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Jordan J
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I instantly loved this hotel and booked it right away, I'am very happy to be staying there for my first time and enjoy my vavction. However I'am dissapointed that on the expedia website it has shown Ameristar to be within 10 minutes and "walking distance" of Busch Stadium. I didn't realize it was actually 30 mins away until after booking a room and I couldn't cancel my reservation anymore. I was looking for hotels near Busch Stadium since I have planned my whole trip around a Cardinals game I have booked. This hotel popped up on my search, though the distance I'am looking forward to staying here. I do suggest removing the false information for future guest. Thanks!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LynetteAri
Ohio
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I travel to St. Louis frequently for business and had never stayed at the Ameristar due to the hotel being sold out. After a two night stay, I've found my St. Louis hotel. From check in to check out, it was top notch. Everyone at the hotel was very accommodating and my room was absolutely beautiful. Very clean and comfortable with all the amenities that I need to work in my room. The hotel is convenient to the interstates and the airport. I'll certainly stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank OhioTravelDiva
Megan A, Guest Relations Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
We couldn't be more happy to hear this, Ms TravelDiva! I'm glad you had a successful visit and we are excited to host you again next year. Thanks for sharing your experience and for being our guest.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Charles
Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#7 of 21 in Saint Charles

Been to Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles? Share your experiences!