My wife who is 4 months pregnant and I have been going to Ameristar for years and thought we would go again for our 5 year anniversary. We aren't big time gamblers, but like the hotel and restaurants so we were expecting another nice stay, and everything was going as planned, but that quickly changed as we started walking around the complex. The first thing was that the diner was closed okay that’s fine we will try the sports bar wrong okay the seafood place wrong again. We knew the other restaurants were closed because of Sunday limiting the options but now everything was closed except the buffet. We went to the front desk and just quickly asked is everything going to be closed, and answer was "yes" not sorry for the inconvenience just "yes"! I told my wife that is fine we will see when we get to the room we can order room service before we go to the casino, well, closed due to weather. At this point I am little upset about having no options available to us and called the front desk to check out after 45 minutes. The front desk agent answers and I ask if we can check out, to my surprise not why are you checking out just "okay." I asked would we be charged the 129. 00 room rate for this, and this time I don't get quick answer I get put on hold. After about 7 or 8 minutes she gets back on the line telling me no charge which is one good thing. My wife is very upset at this time, and I even asked is there anything can be done like lower room rate and again quick answer "no". When we brought our keys down to the front desk my wife now goes to talk to the front desk and asks for a supervisor which this takes about 15 minutes for her to arrive. I am so upset at this point I walk away leaving my wife to talk to the supervisor which quickly puts my wife into tears because of the cold and inconsiderate front desk. After all of this the reason for all the outlets being closed is that they are running on half-staff, and basically tough deal with it. Long story short went down the road were everything was open at this Casino (snow must have been much worse a mile away at Ameristar), and had a great time lost money oh well, but had a good time. Ameristar train your staff and lose the attitude, and it make me glad that I am an assistant producer for a local radio show so I can have some material to have my guys talk about on air. Have your social media person ready to figure out which station I work for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles is a 397-suite luxury hotel in the St. Louis area with many rooms containing floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Missouri River or the city below. This new, all-suite hotel features a 7,000-square-foot full-service spa with an indoor-outdoor pool. Have a great time at the region’s largest casino, an action-packed night club or one of seven restaurants. You’ll really get star treatment during your Ameristar vacation in St. Charles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles Hotel Saint Charles
- Ameristar Hotel Saint Charles