I need to begin this review by providing the disclaimer that our room for this stay was comped due to casino points - HOWEVER, our negative experiences were a result of customer service, or lack thereof, that would have happened regardless of our paying status.
While the rooms are very large, contemporary, and nice (very similar to The Venetian in Las Vegas with the step down living room and large bathroom), the service hindered our overall stay.
Upon entering the pool area on a sunny, beautiful, and crowded Sunday afternoon, our group decided that we would partake in some drinks and appetizers while lounging by the pool. Things went downhill from here. On a Sunday afternoon, there was only 1 person working the pool area - a singler person covering the bar, pool side orders, as well as a small area where you can actually sit and eat with service. This was no fault to the server - they were just doing thier job. Because of this however, the line for drinks often was 7 or 8 people deep and it took 15-20 minutes or longer just to order and get a beer.
Our appetizer order was finally taken and the first plate arrived about 30 minutes later. Two hours later and multiple attempts to ask for an update, the second plate had still not arrived. Others have commented about spotting managements' lack of an eye for detail - the first manager we spoke to told us that he had other issues to deal with and that it was "time for him to move on". The SECOND manager we spoke to said that he would log it in his NIGHTLY REPORT and then attempted to sit there and socialize with us instead of trying to check on our order or even apologize for the inconvenience. Later that evening, we went to dinner at the sports bar/grill and only then, when we ran into him, did he offer to comp anything. Had we not seen him though, nothing would have been done.
About 9pm Sunday evening, after dinner, we once again went down to the pool to sit in the hot tub but found that there were no towels available. When I asked one of the "pool attendants" when more would be coming, she just smiled and said that there wouldn't be anymore...housekeeping was closed. The pool is open until 11pm! We had to dry off using the shirts that we had worn!
LIke I said, the hotel is nice, but the service we experienced should be an embarassment to the hotel and its management. Regardless of our guest status (again, comped room), no one that we interacted with knew this and for all they knew, we could have been spending big bucks on the room.
If the service doesn't improve, Ameristar will definitely never be the 5-star property that it is ATTEMPTING to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles is a 397-suite luxury hotel in the St. Louis area with many rooms containing floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Missouri River or the city below. This new, all-suite hotel features a 7,000-square-foot full-service spa with an indoor-outdoor pool. Have a great time at the region’s largest casino, an action-packed night club or one of seven restaurants. You’ll really get star treatment during your Ameristar vacation in St. Charles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles Hotel Saint Charles
- Ameristar Hotel Saint Charles