“great stay in St. Charles!”

Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Saint Charles
Olathe, Kansas
“great stay in St. Charles!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We just got back from our long weekend stay here. Parking was pretty easy. Check in was super-easy. The only noticeable thing was the very strong odor of chlorine in the main lobby. We never ended up having to wait long for an elevator and got straight up to the room. It was VERY nice! Large sunken living area, couch, chairs, and a nice large flat-screen tv. (which was maybe the largest I've ever seen in a hotel room). We ended up having our friends over to our room - a total of 8 people, and there was enough seating for everyone. The bed was decently comfortable - with another tv by the bed. The bathroom was large, 2 sink areas, nice tile, and good water pressure in the shower...and another TV in here! Only one complaint - there was an odd stain in the sheets when we first pulled the sheets back to get into bed. They did come up and remake the bed pretty quickly.. I know that hotel beds always kind of freak me out anyway...so that wasn't the best 1st impression of their bedding. However, it was fixed quickly, so that was good. Other than that, the stay was pretty good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thanks for posting your review and for staying with us, Jen! I'm glad you had a good visit and enjoyed time with your friends. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience, but I'm glad we took care of it quickly for you. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Orangeville, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Wow - impressive facility. Easy vehicle drop off, quick check in. Rooms are 5 star. Restaurant selection is diverse and impressive. Pool area is large and comfortable with a choice of indoor or outdoor pools. Hot tubs are large. Gaming area has everything you need from the tables to the slots. At under $200 a night - treat yourself, you won't regret it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Ameristar Hotel and Spa is located on the west bank of the Missouri River, and attached to the Ameristar Casino and Convention Center. The hotel comprises 25+ stories of spacious suites with either two queen beds or one king. Both have a sunken living area with a table (with two chairs), a couch, coffee table, floor lamp and end tables with lamps. An armoire holds a small refrigerator, safe, coffee service and flat panel TV. The sleeping area has a similar armoire with drawers for clothes and other things. A lounging chair and TV complete the furnishings. Everything is well maintained and contributes to a very comfortable stay. The bed, in our opinion, is very comfortable.

The bathroom is very spacious with a double vanity, a tub, a separate walk-in shower and the commode in a separate small room. We find this quite to our liking. The bathroom has a small TV, which we have never used. For our five stays, the bathroom has been sparkling clean and well supplied with quality amenities.

Ice and vending are just down the hall away from the elevators. Having six elevators means that one never waits for one.

Arrival is often quite quick with your auto valeted for free, and a front desk that is often staffed with a half-dozen or more staff. Once you reach the receptionist, you will likely wonder at how long it takes them to assign you a room and provide a key! The bellman is often conspicuous by his absence, which can be quite annoying when you are retrieving your luggage to leave. We are always comped for our room, and includes up to a three night stay. Late checkouts to noon are easy to get, but anything beyond that seems impossible. The bottom line: a classy well equipped hotel with professional staff and service.

An indoor/outdoor pool and spa, and a separate exercise room, complete the amenities offered. The outdoor pool is quite large with complemented numerous lounge chairs and tables with chairs. Entrance to the pool area is tightly regulated and a wrist band, obtained at check-in or from the spa, is required. The area around the pool is spacious, quiet and comfortable. Food can be ordered from room service, and drinks are available from the pool bar, when it is open. We have enjoyed the spa several times, and found the services to be professional but just adequate. The spa-area (separate for each sex) has a hydro pool, sauna, steam room, showers and vanity. A comfortable relaxation area is shared. An amenity kit is available from the receptionist, but you must ask for it. A pleasant afternoon can be had with a manicure, for example providing free access to the spa, a bit of time in the pool or hot tub followed by a lunch by the pool. This can be had for about $60, which we find reasonable.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and a river view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Wow, thanks so much for the detailed review. We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for being our guest!
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed here Sept 28th to attend a wedding and reception. We had no lines to check in, that's always nice. The front desk clerk was very nice and asked us where we wanted to be...up high or down low, or near elevators. That was nice to be asked that too. Anyway, we got to our room and wow, they have really nice rooms. We loved it. We highly recommend the Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles. As for the casino and shopping in the resort...we felt like we were in Las Vegas. This is a very large resort, with a sports bar that has all the games going on, if you like that stuff. Casino did not send me home with more money than I started with but that's not a shock. Anyway, go to the Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles with confidence. You will be satisfied.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for your recommendation! I'm glad you had a nice experience during your stay with us. Thank you for visiting.
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here, great rooms, beds were very comfortable, staff was very nice, and help full, the only down fall, was that I drive a motor coach (bus) and parking for it was way down in the bottom area, and the traffic in the front was absolutely terrible, cars parked were ever they want. Maybe there should be more understanding for larger vehicles, and someone to direct traffic

• Stayed September 2013
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
I’m sorry for any inconvenience. We do have designated site parking for oversized vehicles, including motor coaches and buses, on the ground level just under the bridge that leads into the porte-cochere in the front of the casino. The lanes here are marked for through traffic; any standing cars should be in the valet lane. Again, we do apologize for any inconvenience and hope you do return to see us.
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was very excited to go to this casino and enjoy an awesome evening with my girlfriend and her father. As this is my 1st time in St. Louise; the guard stops me to check my ID..... He clearly knows I'm old enough but decides not to let me in because I had an ID from Puerto Rico. This was not only embarrassing but also belittling. I hope this casino straightens out there staff. Puerto Rico is part of the states.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank Viequesarnold
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I'm so sorry to hear this. We do accept IDs from Puerto Rico including driver's licenses and passports. All IDs must be damage free and legible and they must also be able to be read by our scanning system. I will forward your comments along to our security team. Again, I do apologize that your experience was not up to expectation.
NYC
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was at Ameristar St. Charles for a few days because of a meeting/conference thing with work and they held it here. Personally, I loathe casinos. I don't understand the appeal of them at all - that said, I want to give this place a fair review.

The rooms are generally nice. They have this sunken living room thing going on, which is cool I suppose. The bathroom was large and well appointed and quite large. My only issue with the two rooms I was in was:
- bed linens weren't the greatest. Fairly rough and cheap feeling sheets. Cheapy feeling pillows.
- could have used a bit better dusting across the board.
- the hilariously slow way the door closes. You think it's going to all nice and smooth, but at the last minute it slams. Not really an issue (except your door always seems to be slamming) but a kind of hilarious design flaw

The staff in the lobby was nice and friendly the few times I dealt with them. The lobby is a handsome space but it reeks of chlorine from a nearby fountain.

The conference spaces were fine. We had a good support staff with the AV and event management teams. No issues there. The conference area is quite large and spacious. Snacks and meals handled by the conference area were pretty decent which is interesting because snacks and meals in the casino section were disappointing.

My main issue is the food options in the casino area. There's a sports bar (ate there twice) and a diner (also twice) - we tried to dine at the steak house they have but it closes at 9pm.
The diner and the sports bar and room service seem to have all a very similar menu - I think there are some items on all these menus; for example, the "Players Breakfast" which I assumed would be awesome, because, you know.. I'm a playa. But was the saddest eggs I'd even seen. And the saddest cold bacon and toast. The food was a struggle. There were no bright spots.
(favorite story: at the sports bar place, we were told that we couldn't sit in one section because they needed to clean that area so they wouldn't get mice. somehow, I think in restaurant management 101, that may be item #1: "don't mention mice, rats, roaches, or other vermin to customers")

Oh, and how could I forget: coffee. By the second day, I was thinking of hiring a cab to take me somewhere to get a decent cup of coffee. Lousy diner-quality coffee.

Finally, cigarette smoke. I realize it's a casino and this is something that casino-people expect, but it is insane to run into cigarette smoke indoors and in restaurants. You can't escape it. Even the non-smoking areas will get clouds of smoke floating through them. Casino-folk don't seem to mind. Bless their little hearts.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank OhFranklin
Thank you for sharing your feedback and for staying with us. We appreciate hearing what our guests think and I apologize if you weren't completely satisfied with your experience. I will pass your review along to our team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Charles
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 19 in Saint Charles
Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles

Been to Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles? Share your experiences!