“No room service no breakfast buffet. High price”

Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Saint Charles
Rolla, Missouri
“No room service no breakfast buffet. High price”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

We came to stay after a concert arrived late. Next morning we wanted to go to the Landmark buffet. It is closed for renovation and room service never answered calling them for over an hour. The coffee machine was dirt gross and staff very detached. A beautiful room with bad service makes it a place I never want to return to

• Stayed April 2013
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I'm so sorry to hear you were not completely satisfied with your service. We appreciate your feedback, as we want to provide quality service to all of our guests. We apologize for any inconvenience while we upgrade Landmark Buffet. It is set to reopen the first week of May and we appreciate our guests' patience. We do serve breakfast at our Falcon Diner every day. Please feel free to send us an email to AtYourServiceSC@ameristar.com with details of your stay and your contact info and we’d be happy to reach out to you to discuss your stay. We thank you for being our guest and do hope you give us another try.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Mendota
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have stayed here a few times and keep coming back. Rooms are very clean and spacious. The spa is amazing and beautiful. The casino is huge and clean. Restaurants could use a little work on service. The bakery is too good! I will be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
It's so great to hear you enjoy visiting, Rachel, and that you'll be back to see us! We appreciate you sharing your review and being our guest. We look forward to seeing you again.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised upon arriving. The Ameristar Casino Resort most definitely qualifies as luxury accommodations anywhere in the Midwest. Our room faced the Missouri River with a distant night time view of downtown Saint Louis. The room was a tiered level suite on the 9th floor, and appeared to be like new. The staff was very attentive, and upon checking out, I asked if the hotel was full the night we stayed, and her reply was, "yes...why do you ask?" I replied, that "we didn't hear a thing all night". A very quiet and pleasurable hotel stay. And, the Casino provided plenty of entertainment for the evening. My only complaint were the fruit flies that bothered us during dinner. We were seated close to the door of the steakhouse...and I would opt for a table deeper into the restaurant next time. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms above the 7th floor facing the river.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eyebrowse2
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
I'm glad you had a pleasant stay with us! Thanks for sharing your review; we really value your feedback. Thank you so much for being our guest and we do hope you visit again soon!
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

This place is so lovely from the outside but time and time again they disappoint. I am currently here on business and this time the entire hotel has no hot water. I am a reasonable person and understand that issues like this can arise at any hotel but I have had too many negative stays here to be be very sympathetic. Nothing but "I'm sorry. Hope you can get some rest." Not acceptable for the price. Again, very disappointed and really wish this this "resort" could offer at least the most basic of accomodations and not disrupt my schedule every stay.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Senoritamargarita83
I am so sorry to hear this. We did have a planned water outage from midnight to 4am on Monday night. We notified our guests on the floors we were expecting it to impact, however, it did end up affecting more floors than anticipated. We would like to personally apologize to you for this inconvenience and follow up with you about your experiences. Please feel free to send your contact information and any details you would like to share to AtYourServiceSC@ameristar.com and we would be more than happy to contact you. Thank you so much for being our guest and we do hope you give us another try.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is one of the nicest hotels that I have ever been to. I went with my husband for a business meeting. I had been the year before for the same reason and was very excited to go back. The rooms are very nice. I love the bathroom. There is a double sink, tub, and shower. There are also drawers and shelves to put things in. The room and the entire hotel and casino was very clean. My room was cleaned daily. I always saw people working hard everywhere that I went and they always spoke as I walked by. I also loved the fact that there are 3 tv's in the room. I enjoyed sitting in the tub watching tv. The food in the resort was excellent too. I had the buffet and ate at the Italian restaurant. Italian was pricey though. I also used the gym and it was very nice. There are plenty of restaurants including a sports bar and a huge casino. There is plenty to do for a few days without ever having to leave. The pool and hot tub are also nice. It also has its own parking garage which is free to park. I will go back again not just for business but also a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same so there are no bad rooms and they are super nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank marcia c
I'm glad that you enjoyed all that our property has to offer, Marcia! Thank you for sharing your experience and for being our guest. We hope to see you again soon.
LaPorte, Indiana
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We arrived during the blizzard. Hotel clerk could not find our reservation. She was very professional and found us a beautiful suite. Comfortable bed and a huge tub. Pool was so relaxing kids where swimming to the other side to run around in the snow. Buffet was delicious we had to eat there 2 nights cause everthing else was closed due to blizzard. Buffet staff was wonderful even though most had to work extra hours due to snow. We even won a little on the slots. The casino floor was not a smokey as some we have been to.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for being our guest, Annie, and for your family's patience during the snow. I'm glad you enjoyed your room and the buffet! Thank you for posting your review and we hope to see you again.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We had a wonderful time in spite of not getting the king bed or having a microwave. We had a great meal and enjoyed the casino. The room was great with a great view at night. My oldest son came over and ate at the buffet with us and came up to see our room. He liked the room very much.

Room Tip: We did not choose the room but loved being up high for the view of lights at night.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Charles
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 19 in Saint Charles
Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles

Been to Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles? Share your experiences!