“Nice stay”

Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We have stayed here a couple times as a free promotion by Ameristar. We would normally not spend the regular room charge. We enjoy the casino that encompasses two floors, thus is never so crowded that you can't get a machine. We request a nonsmoking room, but this time our 12th floor room had a stale smoke smell. Bed is too soft but this is a personal preference. Nice large bathroom with double vanity, jacuzzi tub, and walk-in shower. Small coffee pot and mini-fridge provided. Overall, a decent stay.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Alisha T, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thanks for the review, sweet222. We do have both smoking and non-smoking hotel rooms. Sorry if you weren't totally satisfied with your room. Next time, feel free to call front desk to discuss your room if you like. Hope to see you again! Thanks again for visiting.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

We had thought this hotel was booked... according to Ameristar's booking website, it was. So I logged into my Expedia account and sure enough, they had availibility! We booked immediately and secured our same-day room.

We decided to get one of the nicer rooms, I believe it was called the Spa Suite. 1300 sq. feet, four televisions, full bar (not stocked just a wet bar peninsula and stools for your entertaining pleasure), jacuzzi tub overlooking the city and in the massive bedroom. The King size bedding was luxurious. The main bathroom was spectatcular, simply huge and grand, the second bathroom (1/2 bath) was a nice touch too! Large living room with enough seating to accomodate about 8 persons, breakfast table and seating as well.

The pool and and surrounding area was suprising. Wow, I certainly did not feel as though I was in the STL area. The indoor/outsoor heated pool was connected. They had enough seating to host 300 persons easily. Very well maintained and classy.

We did not partake in the spa offerings but we did visit, it looked to be top notch and the personel was very nice.

Who could ask for more in a hotel, all under one roof, you'll have access to 4-5 great restaurants, world class spa, pool, rooms/suites try Bugatti's, a night club with live music most nights, one of the most beautiful and largest casinos in the area. If this place doesn't stimulate the senses, you might wanna call your doctor. :)

I hope this was helpful?

Room Tip: Try Expedia!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Alisha T, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Sounds like you stayed in our King Spa Suite! Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for sharing your review!

Reviewed May 19, 2012

The Ameristar people and accommodations were excellent. I recomend anyone visiting the St. Louis area to consider staying at the Ameristar. Food was good, suite perfect, and I loss the usual amount of money at the casino, but it was fun doing it. Nearby St. Charles historic district was a hoot.

Room Tip: Good view from either side, stay on the higher floors
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 8, 2012

The rooms are beautiful. Three TV's, big shower, big bathroom and very clean. I was just there in April. Every time I come to St. Louis I stay there. I always have free rooms that I take full advantage of. Thanks for the opportunity.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Alisha T, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Thanks so much for posting your review and for staying with us!

Reviewed May 1, 2012

The bathroom was huge, with marble everywhere, double sinks, a small tv, a seperate marble shower and a huge tub big enough to lay in.We were more than pleased with our stay here. The suite was very large as well with a sunken living room area, a tv in front of the bed and one in the living area. The doors were very thick wood doors. The crownmolding was very nice and upscale. We stayed on a Sunday night when rates were reduced by half. The check in area of the hotel was amazingly beautiful. You could hang out here next to the cozy fireplace if you wanted. The 6-7 restaurant choices were nice. You never have to leave.I didnt think I wasgoing to eat at the casual diner but the food was surprising excellent (breakfast and appetizers. The banana split was amazing!). The spa was worth every single penny. It was beautiful and the massage was perfect. I loved having the private shower, sauna, steam room,hot tub and quiet room all to myself. W/o a service, this amazing area will cost you around $30.00 so for another $20.00 add a 30min massage to your time spent there. I'm glad I did. The public heated pool and 2 hot tubs were in such a beautiful area and are much larger than most hotel pools. Plan to spend plenty of time there....the only neg thing about this place is that smoking is allowed everywhere. It only smelled smokey in the casino and restaraunts/nbars but you can choose to sit in the non smoking area in some of them. Our room and hotel hallway smelled clean and had absolutely no hint of smoke..Hotel is less than 5min from the quaint Main Street in St Charles, which is a MUST for your trip.

Room Tip: We need a dark quiet room and this room/suite was perfect. We stayed on the 4th floor facing the wat...
2  Thank FWgal2
Alisha T, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

FWgal2, thanks so much for taking the time to post your review. We're very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us including your spa treatments. Starting next week the swimming pool will be open and we'll be serving a lunch menu at the pool. Thanks again for visiting!

Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stayed here in beginning of April. We have usually had good experience with this hotel. But this time it was the Worst Stay ever! I booked this hotel online with a $79 coupon for only 1 room. We got their and found out they had book us for two rooms, we told the lady that we only booked 1 room with the $79 room rate. We handed the coupon to her and she looked at it, then canceled out one of the rooms and then look at us and told us the total price was $139! Told her again we booked the room with the $79 coupon rate, finally she got it right. Then we found out their was a $50 hold on incidentals. NO where on their Website does it say Anything about a $50 hold! So finally after arguing with her and getting nowhere we handed her our credit card to put on file. But we wanted to pay in Cash. She told us we couldn't pay in Cash it had to be a credit card. I explain to her you have the credit card if you need to charge anymore if we like purchase movies or something but their was no reason why we couldn't pay cash for the room. After arguing with her for about 10 minutes she finally went to the Manager and the Manager approved it. So we paid in cash for the room with taxes came to about $92. But wanted to use the Credit card to put the $50 hold on. She ran it but it wouldn't go through. We knew their was plenty of room on the card and shouldn't have been a problem. But in the end had to use our Debt Card. Called the Bank later and they said their should have been no problem for it to go through, apparently this woman didn't know what she was doing. So after about a 30 plus minute check in that should have only taken 5 minutes we finally got up to our room.

We went down to the pool not to long after checking in. They have a policy to use Arm Bands to use the pool that you get at check in. Well my Girlfriend didn't want to wear hers so she put it in her pocket, she figure she could show it if the Security Guards ask about it. We went in to the pool which you had to use your room key to get in. Marvin the Pool Policeman GRABS my girl friends arm and starts to get mad at her for not having an arm band. So she pulled it out of her pocket to show him. He insisted that she HAD to wear it, so after arguing with him for several minutes she put the band on her swim suit strap. As I was watching him through out his time on duty I was noticing he was being Racial Discriminatory towards the White People. Any White Child or Adult that came through that door he was making sure that they had their bands on. But any Black Child or Adult he would let through with NO wrist bands. NOT one single black child or adult swimming had their Wrist Bands on. Now I usually don't bring up Race Issue's even for minor ones, but this one was pretty bad!

Then come to find out if you Lost your Wrist Band then you had to pay $30 to get another one if you didn't have the old one that got tore off or something like that. Now I understand that people do Abuse the Pool Privileges and bring in their friends and family who are not staying their. But to Punish EVERYONE for a few bad apples is just plain wrong! They made us and other guest I talked to about the issue feel like they didn't trust their guest and assumed that every guest was going to Abuse the Pool! I guess Ameristar has NEVER heard of kids and the fact that they do lose stuff like Wrist Bands from time to time!

My girlfriend emailed Ameristar about this and I also emailed them as well. We have yet to hear back from EITHER Email on what we experienced! This use to be one of my favorite hotels to go to, but after this exparance and talking to other guest about their experience in conversations started at the Pool this is one of my least favorite hotels!

Room Tip: Make sure your kids don't lose their Wrist Bands for the Pool or they will Milk you for $30!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank TSP1973
Alisha T, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

I’m sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your recent visit to our property. We apologize for any inconvenience regarding the room rates or deposit at hotel check in. Because our goal is to create the best possible experience for our guests, we do limit swimming pool access to our hotel guests only. Due to this, we require that guests wear the wristbands while at the pool. I’m sorry that you were unable to contact a member of our staff. We would be happy to speak to you about your recent visit if you’d like to contact us directly at 636.940.4301 - just ask to speak to our Hotel Director, Melissa.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

I have stayed at the Harrah's casino in St. Louis a few times. This past weekend, we decided to stay at the Ameristar and I must say I quite preferred Ameristar!

The lobby/shop areas are spread open and give the idea of a wide open street. We enjoyed browsing in the shop, playing air hockey in the arcade and eating at the buffet. I loved that I didn't smell smoke at any point during our trip, like we do at Harrah's.

The room is really, really nice! The standard room is a larger suite type room. You walk into a marble-like hallway. On the right is a large bathroom with lovely marble tile, a great double sink, a glass shower stall AND a bathtub with modern fixtures. The toilet is in it's own separate room. I love the small touches: the double sink has separate lighting on each side. The lovely shower head. The reading lights over the head of the bed - they don't put off much light in the rest of the room, but laying underneath them, give splenty of spot light for your reading materials. As you walk through the long room, you pass the bedroom with dresser and 40 inch flat panel TV. Then you have a couple of lighted steps that you walk down into the living area. This has a couple of chairs, a couch and another TV. My husband could sleep soundly in the bedroom area while I caught a bit of the Lifetime Network before I went to bed and I didn't disturb him at all. There were 2 bottles of complimentary water and a mini fridge is hidden inside the entertainment center, as well as coffeemaker with coffees and teas.

In general, I felt the room was clean, quiet from outside noises and extremely comfortable. One of the most functional hotel rooms I've stayed in. I would say the basic room could comfortably entertain 8 people with all of the space and seating.

The buffet was much nicer than Harrah's. This isn't so spread out and there are plenty of vegetarian choices. The dessert bar wasn't as expansive as Harrah's, but I'm not a huge dessert fan - I like just a little something sweet, and the fondue bar where you could dip marshmallows, strawberries and other items in liquid chocolate satisfied that sweet tooth just fine.

We felt very relaxed during our stay. We even decided to stay and check out the cute diner with open kitchen for a brunch. While there, be sure to take a look at the fountain in the lobby area - it's beautiful, and has one of the neatest water shows I've ever seen.

1  Thank Naomi S
Alisha T, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Thanks so much for visiting and for taking the time to post your review. So happy that you enjoyed your visit. Sounds like you were able to uncover and enjoy all the amenities in our guest rooms. Glad you were able to find the vegetarian selections at the buffet. Oh, and that fountain is fun isn't it - our guests really do love to talk about it!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Charles
Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#8 of 21 in Saint Charles

Been to Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles? Share your experiences!