“Room absolutely beautiful”

Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed January 11, 2012

This place is huge! Three tv's
One in bathroom.
Very luxurious.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river and a high room
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles

Reviewed December 24, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at the Ameristar many times and are always impressed with the level of service we recieve. Our last visit was during the 4th of July weekend with a group of friends. We had decided to spend the week in St. Louis to get away. We had a great stay at the Downtown Crowne Plaza our first two days then a rather horrid stay at the Westin the night before we moved to the Ameristar. The Ameristar made my week. The staff was nice and polite. The room was perfect as usual. The pool was a bit crowded both days during our stay but we did get to take advantage of it during the early morning hours. My husband and a few of our friends had great fun in the onsite casino while the rest of us loved the spa! The buffet onsite was very filling. I reccomend the Ameristar to everyone I know and I can't wait till we can go back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 22, 2011

My mom and stepdad had 2 rooms comp'ed (free). My husband and I took 1 and they took the other... gorgeous king size suite! Great beds, marble bathroom (w/tv), big shower and tub... very elegant! beds and pillows were very comfortable. Nice big seating area with another tv, microwave and frig. - 3 flat screens in the whole room... We also got our lunch comp'd at the Ameristar Sports Bar & Grill... It was a very good meal, we all had sandwiches... And then that evening after some heavy gambling at the craps table, they comp'd us again for dinner at Bugattis Steak and Pasta... Delicious! They have the best french onion soup...actually everything was perfect (and free)!!! oh and we did win some money $900+ between my husband and I... and of course mom and husband won quite a bit, but they usually do...We didn't use the pool and spa area... but it looked very inviting... indoor/outdoor heated pool and hottub... We are staying again Christmas night, comp'd again! we can't hardly wait!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ldasz
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This is a very large hotel and it will provide something for everyone. I was in the area on business and stayed for a week. The room was wonderful. Very large King suite and it gave me all that I needed.
I am a non-smoker and when I walked into the lobby I could smell the cigarette smoke, which was a little bothersome, but not too bad.
I was very disappointed that they did not have a business center that was properly set up. I was offered a computer at a desk in the lobby. It did not meet any of my needs!
Even though I do not gamble, so I never walked into the casino, I did go down to the old St. Charles shopping area which was great.

Room Tip: Go for the King suite
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank mhurtrail
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I have spent 3 days in Ameristar Hotel on a business trip. The hotel has excellent and very ,very comfortable rooms, with 3 TV one in bedroom one in living room and 1 in the Bathroom , my room looked to city of St Charles, the others overlook the Missouri river. It has several restaurants and bars besides the Casino, and it also has a beautiful pool in and out doors .
The room is equipped with coffee machine but the fridge-bar was empty
The hotel has a very spacious parking place; you can choose between valet parking or do it yourself. The city of St Charles is really cute with the main street in an old style French town.
The rate was very adequate considering the service. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor provides a better view at night of the pool and city.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2011

The Ameristar provides terrific rooms. Spacious and comfortable, they are the best part of the hotel. However, the staff are generally unfriendly and unwilling to be accomodating. When we asked for an extra hour for check out, (which we would have paid for), we were told absolutely not almost before we got the words out of our mouths. Eventually, they grudgingly gave us a half hour. Folks just seem grumpy to work there which is too bad because the rooms are great. One exception, there was a nice kid from the local university at the desk, but that was the highlight. Hmmm.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank s52
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Love the rooms here! Pool was nice to. Buffet was reaaly good to.

Room Tip: ask for a view of the river
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#7 of 21 in Saint Charles

Been to Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles? Share your experiences!