“Very nice”

Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Overall great hotel for the money. Huge rooms with nice large flat screen tv's .

Only issue we had was the room not being cleaned one night.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

This is a very nice hotel with the best rooms I have ever stayed in. Each room is a suite and has a sunken living room. The bath is by far the best I have ever seen in a hotel --- dual sinks, marble, a tub and a clear glass shower. We have a great time and I can't wait to go back! The casino is very nice too. This place has something for everyone!

Room Tip: Every room is a suite.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Stayed at the Ameristar Casino Resort & Spa for one night to attend a business meeting in the conference center. Overall, the hotel was pretty good. The room was very nice and quite spacious. Hotel staff were pleasant and helpful. My only complaint would be on arrival, they had no hotel staff to great guests. It was difficult getting the door open with bags. They need to either man the entrances or install automatic doors for easier access. Otherwise, a very nice hotel with a great indoor and outdorr pool area.

Reviewed September 10, 2011

This hotel clearly aspires to be 5-star-- the decor, the spacious rooms & amenities-- but it absolutely falls short on service. I was attending a conference at this venue and had multiple issues with service-- when I reported a frustratingly slow internet connection (I could not even load my Gmail account), I was told no one else had made a complaint so it must just be me. No promise to follow up on the complaint-- and it was one I heard from several other attendees at my conference. When I called the front desk to inquire about printing at the business center, which I needed done by 7am the next morning, I was told that "someone from marketing will probably be over there to open it up by then." Not comforting. I had to track down a marketing rep and get a special code to enter the facility-- whereas I have come to expect a 24 hour business center with keycard access at other hotels that cater to a business audience. Other service staff, including front desk and housekeeping, desperately need more hospitality training. Every service employee I spoke to in my 3 day stay said they had just started working there and could not answer my questions. I repeatedly had to ask for a manager to resolve issues, and even then, they were not always resolved.

It may be a fun place to gamble, but I do not recommend it for business stays.

5  Thank MFW_11
Alisha_Templeton, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

I'm sorry to hear that. We certainly do strive to provide the best possible guest services to all of our hotel, casino and conference center guests. In regards to the business center access, we are currently looking into upgrading the business center with keycard access, as this will allow for greater accessibility to our guests. We rarely receive complaints about the speed of the wifi in the conference center or hotel, but I've forwarded along this information to our IT Department to look into it. We do appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

We received a night at this hotel as a wedding gift and went there for our honeymoon night. Upon entering the room we discovered it was a smoking room. We returned to the front desk where, within 10 minutes, our room reservation was corrected to a non-smoking room.
The next day, checking out, we need to store our luggage for a few hours until we got our car back. The hotel took car of that with no problem and everyone was very nice and very friendly. This is a pretty expensive hotel but we had a delightful experience!
The sports bar spinach artichoke dip was fantastic!

Room Tip: just ask, everyone was very helpful
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2011

This hotel is amazing. The rooms are suites! Each has a sunken sitting area. Each has three TVs...one is even in the bathroom! And the bathrooms are huge...plenty of room in them. The beds are divine. We didn't want to leave our room! The hotel lobby is gorgeous with wonderful friendly people behind the counter. The place is clean, clean, clean. The room is also well lit...they did not skimp on light fixtures. There is plenty of convenient hotel parking. It is attached to the casino which makes it very convenient to get to.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2011

One of my favorite places to stay. Hotel is very, very nice. Very nice pool area in a courtyard setting with large firepit surrounded by plenty of outdoor seating. Nice hot tub area seperate from pool. Go from indoor pool to outdoor pool with just a few swim strokes. Nice fountain in outdoor pool. I love the rooms. All are spacious. Bottleneck Blues Bar for entertaining. Casino is small. Restaurants comparable with others. Nice bakery. And Old Town St. Charles is right down the street with a variety of shops to browse in. right on the river. Always have a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Alisha_Templeton, Social Media Manager at Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Thanks for the review. We love this St Charles property too! Very happy that you enjoyed your stay!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Charles
Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#8 of 21 in Saint Charles

Been to Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles? Share your experiences!