“Park and Fly - great value.”

Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Saint Ann
Carbondale, Illinois
“Park and Fly - great value.”
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Our travel agent recommended this hotel. It is a park and fly. We drove up to St. Louis from Carbondale and we stayed at this hotel for one night, parked our car there for free for several nights, and took the shuttle to and from the airport for our flights to Miami and back. You have to pay $6 per night normally to park your car there; we got the parking free because of some kind of arrangement between our travel agency and the hotel. My husband loved this parking arrangement rather than having to drive to St. Louis and then park in one of those airport parking lots, etc.

The hotel was alright. Its not the Ritz, but it is adequate. They have free popcorn in the lobby and a good breakfast bar. There is a great restaurant next door called Bandana's. We will definitely stay here again. It is so convenient when going from our house to the airport and needing to park our car somewhere also.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Orion777

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed July 9, 2010

I picked this hotel based on other reviews on trip advisor and was not disappointed. We were just passing through and it was convenient to the interstate. It was a hot day and as we walked to our room the hallway was warm and musty. The ventwork near the elevators could have used a good cleaning and the carpets had some stains, but our room itself was clean, quiet and comfortable. I also admit to being a bit uneasy leaving our motorcycles in the parking lot, even though it was "gated". But my fears were unfounded. This is a safe, quiet and clean hotel at a very resonable price for the area. I would recommend it and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MotorcycleTraveler42
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed January 27, 2010

I moved to St Louis in Jan/10 and stayed in this hotel for 5 days until I find a nice apartment. The hotel is very nice, clean and the staff are very polite. The breakfast is resonable, it's good in quality, but it is poor in variety. In fact, as I read in some reviews, sometimes the airport shuttle takes too long to get you, but I didn't have many problems with that.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank gfabbris
Sikeston, MO
Reviewed January 24, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on a Sunday night when he had a 6 am flight the next morning. We arrived and the front desk gave us the best possible rate and said the only others cheaper nearby were Super 8 and Motel 6 and we didn't want to try those. The check in was quick and easy. Our room was on the first floor, which was great! The room smelled a bit musty at first, but we could handle it. We called the front desk to ask for restaurant recommendations and for the nearest US Bank and they helped up out. I still had to use my computer to find the best directions to the restaurant and bank. The shower was great, bed was a bit hard, not too comfortable to sleep on. The breakfast in the morning was good and they had sodas and snacks at night. Except for the hard bed, everything was good at this hotel!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank weezie97
So-Cal
Reviewed December 15, 2009

Being told St Louis was an ugly and dangerous place I was extremely leery about where I could safely stay. I needed shuttle service to the airport and didn't wish to spend time going from place to place searching for a room yet not wishing to reserve anything in advance. I picked up a hotel coupon book at a rest area and Pear Tree Inn seemed to be the thing; I had someone at home looking up reviews on the internet for me.
So glad I chose to stay here. The hotel itself was beautiful and homey looking; inviting and relaxed. The staff were all wonderful and sincerely seemed to want to help make my stay as easy and enjoyable as possible. The free breakfast included hot scrambled eggs and sausage, biscuits and gravy, make your own waffles, cold cereals, oatmeal, yogurt and fruit. What a great way to start the day. There is also free beverages during the day and evenings bring on drinks and snacks; relaxing.
The rooms were spacious and well appointed. There was a coffee maker, micro/fridge set up. Also iron and its board if you lean to those things.
Shuttle service to the airport was prompt and easy to use. The desk person was very helpful and watched for me to make sure I didn't miss the ride.
I would certainly stay here again and recommend this place to anyone I knew.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank CajunJay
jackson, mo
Reviewed July 6, 2009

We usually stay here if we have an early morning flight. The staff is wonderful, especially Janet!. The restaurant next door, Bandanas has good bar-be-que. The airport shuttle is dependable. The rooms are clean. We always stay at a Drury property if one is available.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank armymomjacksonmo
Illinois
Reviewed June 29, 2009

We stayed here because the hotel advertises "on demand" shuttle service to/from the airport. On the day of our departure, we requested the shuttle and were told it would be at the door within 15 minutes. FORTY minutes later, after several inquiries and promises that it would be there any second, the shuttle showed up. The delay ate the entire cushion of time we had given for our arrival to the airport .
Upon our return, we called for the shutte and were again told it would be there within 15 minutes. 30 minutes later, after having watched every other hotel begun their second run through the pickup lanes, I called the hotel to ask what the holdup was. The person that answered said that they were in the middle of the shift change and it would be a while. I asked why we were told we'd have a shuttle within 15 minutes when we first called and he said that I should "just be patient." Clearly, I -- the paying customer -- was an inconvenience. We ended up taking the Marriot shuttle and walking over. When my husband complained to the manager, she said she didn't know anything about it and showed no interest in the matter.

Stay at the Marriot. It's nicer, has bigger rooms, a better breakfast, and a reliable shuttle service.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank IlliniSassen
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2009
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate hearing from our guests and sincerely apologize that you encountered difficulties with our shuttle service. Our hotel does have complimentary shuttle service to the airport, running 24 hours a day. Our goal is to have the shuttle service running consistently so our guests do not have to encounter a long wait long. It is comments like yours from our guests that will help us make improvements and will be shared with our team immediately to help us improve the level of our airport shuttle service at our hotel. We truly appreciate your business and again apologize for the negative experience you encountered during your stay. We do hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Ann
Marriott St. Louis Airport
Hampton Inn St. Louis-Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Quality Inn Airport St. Louis
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport

Been to Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!