“Great place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Saint Ann
Missouri
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed July 10, 2008

The shuttle to the airport was very convient. The room was clean and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. We usually stay in Drurys, this was our first stay in a Pear tree. We found the breakfast a bit limited compared to Drurys but everything else was just as nice.

• Liked — convient shuttle to airport
  • Disliked — limited breakfast choices
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dlh_2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Columbia, MO
Reviewed June 5, 2008

Earlier this week we stayed at the Pear Tree Inn in St. Louis. I would highly reccomend this hotel. It was very clean the pillows were so soft!

You have access to using the shuttle, which the driver is extremely friendly, which is nice since you are in the city and friendly is hard to find. The entire staff was helpful and friendly, made you feel relaxed.

The pool was nice and clean. The breakfast was good, nothing extravagant but it was free and no complaints here.

This hotel is literally right by the airport, and if you are dropping someone off, they will let you take the shuttle with them and take you back to the airport so you don't have to pay for parking at the airport.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again. It was affordable and yet nice, and not too far from shopping either.

• Liked — everything was great, especially the friendly staff
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank mizzougal08
Quincy IL
Reviewed April 26, 2008

We were leaving from the airport early on Thursday. We live 2 hours away from St Louis. This place was close to the airport. It has a shuttle. I think you have to pay for the days you park. Cheaper than the airport lots though. We did not use that we were not gone long enough to worry about airport parking $. We didn' want to worry about the shuttle back to the hotel. The hotel has a large parking lot very well lighted. The room was standard and clean. The breakfast had bagels, fruit, yogurt, ceral, waffles, milk, OJ. All the normal stuff. We ate well and the lobby had plenty of room. Staff seemed eager to please. Answered all our questions. Over all a nice close to the airport hotel. Simple and easy.

• Liked — easy in easy out close to the airport.
  • Disliked — Paid parking
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lhanlin
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2008

I picked the Pear Tree Inn, primarily because of its Drury Inn connection. I had to spend the night next to the St. Louis airport and needed an inexpensive hotel that provided a shuttle to the airport. I arrived and the woman who checked me was friendly and efficient.

My first room was two doubles. Your average basic economy hotel. The problem with this room began in the bathroom. I fortunately did not have to really go to the bathroom. When I flushed, the toilet mechanism did not work properly and instead of the little water tube filling up the tank, it filled up the bowl instead. Immediately, I had a geyser shooting out of the bowl and it overflowed in a matter of thirty seconds. The water kept gushing out, I ran to phone the desk for emergency help. By the time I got back, the entire floor of the bathroom had a few inches of water and it had overflowed the lip of the threshhold onto the carpet. The only option that I had was to take off the top of the tank and hold up the floating arm to stop the water until someone arrived to help. I threw down a few towels to stand on while I was doing this but the water was freezing.

Long story short, the maintenance man (who was very nice) arrived with a tiny handheld wet vac. Not really big enough to handle all that water. I went back down to the front desk and got keys for another room, this one a king. It was on the first floor and when I opened the door, there was a big red brick wall. It made the room seem very dark and claustophobic. However, the rest of the room was OK, with a TV, desk, king-size bed.

I took the shuttle to the Metro station that evening to go into downtown St. Louis. The shuttle driver was very nice and dropped me off at the entrance of the Metro station. When I returned back at the airport that evening, I did have to wait about 20 minutes after I called for a shuttle to arrive. Different driver than previous - he was nice, but a little too friendly - if you solo women travelers know what I mean. Never came out and propositioned me, but it was hanging out there...Weird.

The hotel is located in between a BBQ place and the Hampton Inn. The shuttle in the morning got me to the airport with a minimum of fuss. (Different driver again). I looked at the breakfast and there was a number of items for an extended continental breakfast. I was running late so I didn't have time to eat anything.

All in all, the hotel is OK. The bathroom incident really messed me up though. The maintenance man who arrived to fix it said that he couldn't believe that the maids didn't catch the issue when they cleaned the room, which of course, then creeped me out because you know that they didn't clean the toilet before I got there. I'm already a bit germaphobic anyway and try not to think about stuff like that when I'm traveling. It didn't help my impression of the place after that.

• Liked — breakfast looked good
  • Disliked — lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank lakeflyer
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed July 16, 2007

I booked this hotel in order to be close to the airport. Received a great rate. The hotel itself is newer, and very nice. The room was "basic", but nicely decorated., clean , and comfortable. Mirrored closets, climate control, was two of the amenities. Also Free parking! If you are flying out the next day, you can park for only 5 dollars a day, which is the cheapest in the area.
The only two negatives I have about my stay:
1. The breakfast- good variety -basic stuff- bread, bagels yogurt , fruit, cold cereal Downside: There were gnats flying around underneath the plastic covers that held the bagels and rolls. As a result, I did not eat any of that at all.

2. Parking shuttle: Great on the way to the airport, but took a long time coming on the return pick-up.

TIP: You may want to ask in advance how ofter the shuttles run (how many minutes between shuttles). Standing outside in 90-plus degree heat for almost an hour waiting for a hotel shuttle is no fun.

Other than that, I would definitely stay here again, you can't beat the price!

• Liked — Location near airport. Was in a decent area
  • Disliked — Gnats flying around over the bagels/bread during my stay. Hope this is corrected soon.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
Hilton St. Louis Airport
Drury Inn St. Louis Airport
Quality Inn Airport St. Louis
Crowne Plaza St Louis Airport

Been to Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!