“Worked out perfectly”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Rolla
Antioch, Illinois, USA
“Worked out perfectly”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We have been impressed with the Drury Inns during previous stays at other locations, so, we decided to try the one in Rolla and were quite pleased. Everything really is great at this location: friendly staff, attractive lobby, comfortable, clean and nicely decorated room, pet friendly, and we enjoyed the pop corn, "Kickback buffet" for supper so we didn't have to go "out and about" to find dinner--and a breakfast buffet with many hot options including biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes as well as the usual cold items. All in all it's a great place to stay and being all inclusive is an added bonus. We were pleased that, even with their being pet friendly, we neither saw, heard or smelled any trace of any pets. Pet owners here seem to be very conscientious about keeping their pets quiet and inconspicuous. That is much appreciated.

Room Tip: Request a 1st floor room if stairs are a problem as there is no elevator at this location.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Lees Summit
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed here during University of Missouri S&T's homecoming. The hotel was pretty busy, but remained quiet. The hotel is back a little from the highway located behind the Steak & Shake restaurant.
We actually enjoyed the location as it was easy to get out of the lot an on our way quickly as we decided to skip the ball game and go on wine tasting (A must do in the area).
The room view, we were very lucky (sarcastic) to have a view of the parking lot for the hotel and Steak & Shake. I think rooms on the other side of the hotel has a scenic view of the rolling hills and trees. But what the heck. We weren't going to be living in our room.
The staff was very polite, nice and attentive. We arrived and were just at the end of the evening hot treats and drinks. However, they offered to get us a couple of drinks if we wanted. The hotel is extremely quiet. I don't normally sleep well the first night in a hotel but had no issues here.
The rooms were clean, the only issue I saw that didn't bother us was there were small cobwebs from the ceiling (maybe 1/8" or so) that would blow when the air/heater ran. But you had to be in the right light to see them. I mentioned to the staff when we checked out.
The hot breakfast and afternoon food was nice. The breakfast was above average while the afternoon treats were, so so. The evening drinks were a nice touch. We only had to purchase lunch the Saturday that we were there.
I compare this to the Holiday Inn Express in the area and are pretty comperable (HIE doesn't have the afternoon food or drinks) so might give the Drury a slight nod there. I think the rooms are newer and slightly cleaner at the HIE.
We would definitely stay here again. The price point is maybe slightly high, but the food and drinks may make up for some of that.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Illinois City, Illinois
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was a nice location, although you could tell it was a bit older. The desk staff was efficient and friendly. Our room was very clean and up to date. The evening happy hour was very good, with many selections of food and drinks. The same applies for breakfast, many selections. The only complaint is the seating was a bit insufficient. It must pet friendly, we saw a few pets
There is no elevator. We paid extra to have a ground floor room.They do have luggage carts though. Good television and plenty of channels to choose from.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have stayed at Drury Hotels before, and we have loved the style of the hotels, and the amenities that you get for the price. Unfortunately, that was NOT the case at this location. The good things are: the staff is friendly and attentive, the hotel is located next to the expressway, they serve evening snacks and morning hot breakfast. The bad: the hotel and rooms feel like a step up from a Motel 6 (for a lot more money), the bathrooms are tiny, the mattresses are SOFT- I woke up with back spasms, and there are only sheer curtains on the windows (parking lot lights shine in at night, and the rising sun wakes you at daybreak). Also, our room had a strong dog odor- the hotel is pet friendly. We were very disappointed with this Drury location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is one of the older Drury properties. With 2 stories, it has no elevator. The lobby is small but efficient with a nice view that overlooks the Ozark hills. The staff was helpful and pleasant. Hot snacks, popcorn and wine or beer during happy hour. A great hot breakfast was available in the morning. Eggs, potatoes, yogurt and fruit - not just pastries. The rooms were still arranged like an older property but the fixtures and furniture were updated. Free wi-fi. Small refrigerator and microwave in the room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Andover, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Because I travel with my small dog, finding a nice place that welcomes pets is tough and finding one that doesn't charge a hefty fee is tougher. Recently when I was driving from MN to Arkansas, I decided I wasn't going to be able to make the 14 1/2 hour trip in one day so I decided to stop in Rolla. Thanks to a website for pet owners, I found this motel listed as being pet friendly. Tripadvisor was my next internet stop, and the Drury Inn was given the highest rating of all Rolla motels. I called for a last-minute reservation and my first introduction to the place was very positive - the desk clerk and the reservations clerk both were quite friendly and helpful. When I got to the facility, I found that there is a 5:30 to 7 p.m. "bar food" event held each evening called "5:30 Kick-Back" and I arrived just under the wire. Having driven 11 hours that day, I was happy not to have to go out for dinner (however, there is a Steak & Shake right next door, had I missed the 7 p.m. cut-off). The food is average: mac & cheese, build your own nachos, chicken fingers (not great), hot dogs. Guests are also given a ticket that is good for three free beverages including wine, mixers such as vodka and various juices, margaritas, and a variety of soft drinks.

The rooms were nice. It's not the Hyatt, but it is nice. After I was checked in and had been in my room for an hour or so, the desk clerk called to make sure the room met my expectations, and to see if I needed anything. Nice!

The next morning I was delighted to find that the breakfast bar included biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs (not rubbery microwaved ones, either!), sausage, make-them-yourself waffles, hot cereal, cold cereal, coffee, and a variety of juices. The dining area was pleasant, clean, and there were newspapers and a television tuned to the news. I know these are standard in most motels and hotels, but I feel I should include the information since this is a review of my experience.

My bill was under $100 (total including tax), and for having a pet, getting a free supper and a GOOD free breakfast, this was quite reasonable, I think.

I make this trip about 4 times per year, and now that I have stayed at the Drury Inn, I will not have to look for a place to stop again. I've found it.

Room Tip: My bed was pretty 'bouncy', not thrilled with that. Don't know if other rooms have newe...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Great value for the price. It is right off the highway and the extras at other hotels are free at Drury. These include no extra dog fee, long distance, "dinner" with alcoholic beverages, hot breakfast and soft drinks and popcorn 24/7. There is no elevator so try to book a room on the ground floor if stairs are an issue.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rolla
Baymont Inn & Suites Rolla
#5 of 13 in Rolla
Greenstay Hotel & Suites
Greenstay Hotel & Suites
#1 of 1 in Saint James

Been to Pear Tree Inn Rolla? Share your experiences!