“Can't say enough good stuff about this hotel!”

Pear Tree Inn Rolla
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Rolla
Wichita Falls, Texas
“Can't say enough good stuff about this hotel!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Called them from the highway on a miserably rainy night and asked about the rates and if they had easy access and good parking for a big pick-up towing a car on a dolly. They said yes, that it was the best hotel parking in Rolla...and they were right! We've stayed at several other hotels in Rolla as we travel I-44 once a year, and this one was the best in every way! The truck & trailer parking area was gravel so got a little bit muddy, but considering the amount or rain we were getting it was not bad at all. We took an economy room (2 double full beds) on the second floor to save about 12 bucks but the room was still very nice. Not wanting to go back out in the weather for dinner, I asked at the desk about pizza delivery. The girl at the desk proceeded to tell me about some great local places that delivered so, on her recommendation, we ordered pizza, a calzone, and a chicken dish from Alex's...it was delivered within 35 minutes with a $1.00 delivery charge (of course we added a generous tip). Note: remember to ask for cutlery, plates and napkins or they won't send it. Dinner was wonderful. The hotel lobby has a popcorn machine a fountain drink machine available all the time, and apparently heavy snacks at dinnertime (w arrived too late to take advantage of that). The breakfast spread was wonderful and lasted until about 10:00 so we didn't have to hurry to make it in the morning. The room was very clean and comfortable, with all the towels and things we needed. Also, it was very, very quiet, in spite of the fact that the hotel is located so close to the interstate. I just read some reviews on Trip Advisor saying the hotel seemed old and dingy and that surprised me since we thought it was quite nice. The staff was easily one of the best things about this already impressive hotel...friendly, welcoming, happy and helpful! From now on the Drury Inn in Rolla will be our stop as we travel I-44!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HappyTexastravelmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Lansing, KS
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Booked a room here at the last minute after we had walked out after a bad experience at a nearby hotel. Front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating - we couldn't have asked for a better experience. Rooms are nice. This is an older Drury hotel - so it could use a little updating in places but all in all it was a great stay. Would be nice if they had an area in the lobby with couches etc for larger groups to sit, rather than the tables in the breakfast area - but I realize since it's an older building there's only so much they can do.

Had no problems with traffic noise at all - even tho we were the very first room on the first floor - close to the fountain drinks and breakfast area.

Evening kick back is always nice - with free drinks and food. Plus free sodas & pop corn all evening.

Breakfast is a step above most free breakfasts with scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy & waffles.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Clinton Township, Michigan
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We travel on I-44 once or twice a year. Rolla has been our halfway stopping point to West Texas and Albuquerque for well over ten years. This is the first time we stayed at the Rolla Drury Inn. The last few years we have enjoyed staying at the nearby Hampton Inn but this year I wanted to economize. So I checked out my other options. Having stayed at other Drury Inns I read the reviews here and thought it might be worth a try. Thanks fellow TripAdvisor reviewers! I think you got it right.

The Drury Hotels page for this location says, “2 floor hotel - No elevator service available”. So those folks who were not happy about that may not have read the reviews or the hotel web site. This is actually a plus in my book since we travel light and usually use the stairs anyway. Since we are only passing through Rolla things like the fitness room, pool and room size aren’t a concern. What matters most to us is cleanliness, comfortable beds, quietness and non-smoking.

I was able to get a deal at Drury ($40 less than Hampton) so we stayed here the night of March 7, 2013. The room was on the second floor away from the fitness room and other potential noises. Even being on the side of the hotel overlooking the adjacent Steak ‘n Shake it was pretty quiet. Noise had been a concern because it is so close to the I-44 exit. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast buffet was sufficient, eggs, sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, waffles, cold cereal, yogurt, toast, etc. Not a huge selection but more choices than I get at home! The room was smallish but I’ve been in smaller ones. The bathroom was a little tight but I didn’t stay here to enjoy the bathroom. It was clean, quiet, comfortable and that was all that mattered. I don’t know if it is a non-smoking hotel but our room was fresh smelling and I didn’t detect foul odors in the hallways.

Next trip through Rolla we will probably stay here again, if I can get another good deal. It was certainly worth the $40 savings this trip!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Monterey, California
Reviewed March 14, 2013

While traveling cross-country, we decided to stay at the Drury Inn in Rolla, MO. Though it is a SMALL town, it was the perfect distance between from our previous stop and our next stop, and so for us, it was a good choice. The service at the hotel was among the best I've ever seen. The staff there was friendly, helpful and seemed genuinely happy to have you stay there. This hotel was packed...which surprised me given the size of the town...but again, it seemed that the staff just enjoyed having the company...almost like visiting family. It was quite nice. One of the unique things about Drury Inns is that they not only provide a Continental Breakfast, but they also provide free drinks in the lobby AND a free buffet dinner. The dinner was nothing to write home about, chili, hot dogs, nachos, and baked potatoes....but it was free. The staff, lobby, and dining areas were welcoming and inviting....the rooms not so much. First of all, there is no elevator in this hotel. Carrying our huge bags and our little toddler up the stairs, was a big pain. The rooms were small and kind of dingy. They were dark and I just felt that they needed some major updating. The bathroom was tiny...like almost had to stand in the shower to close the door - tiny and the fitness facility was a closet. I am a bit claustrophobic and when I walked into this workout room I nearly had a panic attack. It was extremely small and somehow they managed to squeeze in two machines. I spent all of 10 minutes in there on the treadmill before I had to leave...I just couldn't take that small space for working out. If another person had been in there, it would have been absolutely unbearable. I have NEVER seen a fitness room that size before...not even in someone's home. It really did seem like a converted closet. We will probably never pass through Rolla again - if we did, I'd probably opt to stay somewhere else, just because the negatives, for us, outweighed the pros - but it is a good hotel. Drury Inn certainly knows how to make their guests feel welcome and that's always a nice thing to have when you are traveling.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had the misfortune of staying in the room next to the fountain drink machine. Subsequently, all hours of the night I heard the ice machine, and the people filling their cups up with carbonated drinks. I did not have a good night sleep while staying in this hotel.

The dinner service was outstanding, as well as the breakfast service.

The customer service in this hotel is outstanding, and the General Manager did comp me for the room, when I complained to him about my uncomfortable stay.

I would stay here again, however, I would avoid the utility room on the first floor.

Room Tip: Avoid the room next to the social hour activities, and the fountain drinks.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn Rolla, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. We are sorry the noise level cost you a restful night. We will gladly accommodate any request for rooms away from the lobby. It is our goal to exceed our guests expectations in all areas and your feedback will help us do that. Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope will stay with us again!
ontario
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is an unusual hotel for a Drury's Inn. We like it because it is in a smaller town and easy to get to. Unusual also as it is only two stories and without an elevator, with the bottom floor at a substantially higher rate. That being said, it is the usual well run Drury's with a dinner, good breakfast and drinks included which means you can just relax without going out after a day of driving. Small rooms but clean and in good shape. The long distance time is also a great bonus. We will continue to stay at Drury Inns when available.

Room Tip: Make sure to book a room on the ground floor if you have mobility issues. Otherwise, the upper floo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
O'Fallon, Missouri
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was a nice hotel. The staff there were very nice and friendly. The evening kick back was great. We arrived just as it was starting and we were hungry so we were able to get chicken fingers, salad, soup, chips and drinks. It was great. The rooms were very clean. The only draw back was that the mattresses were lumpy and we did not sleep very well. Except for the one issue everything else was great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rolla
Baymont Inn & Suites Rolla
#5 of 13 in Rolla
Greenstay Hotel & Suites
Greenstay Hotel & Suites
#1 of 1 in Saint James

Been to Pear Tree Inn Rolla? Share your experiences!