New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Days Inn Rolla

Days Inn Rolla
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Rolla
Glen Rose, Texas
“Nice Room for the Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

The room was clean - not fancy but nice for a short stay. The motel was easy to get to - right on the highway. Staff was very friendly ad courteous. No noisy neighbors. It was just what we needed after a long driver. Being pet friendly is also a plus.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

It was an old building, used just to stop for the night for those on roadtrips. Nothing special. Our door was stuck in the door jamb so we had to shove it a few times to open and close it. It was clean and right off the highway and an easy stop. Most people were out early in the morning and on their way.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

I stay at budget hotels on every trip I go on. It takes a lot to gross me out or make me feel uncomfortable. Mom and I were on a roadtrip to Dallas, and we got to the place at 2am and the lady at the front desk, though polite, could not find our reservation for almost a half hour. We get into our room and it smelled very mildewy. Then, excited for a shower, I turn on the shower and a bunch of gross dirt leaves, etc come out from under the bath mat. Then, the thermostat got stuck on extremely cold, the hairdryer had hair stuck in it, and at 2am we had no energy to complain. The reason it got a poor instead of a terrible was the coffee in the morning was extremely good.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank bablock

Travelers are raving about these Rolla hotels

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Keeping in mind that this is a budget motel, the rating reflects that the room is comfortable and clean. There are no "bells and whistles," but the rooms have been recently remodeled and have new carpet and bathroom tile and flooring. Beds are comfortable, and the in-room refrigerator and microwave were spotless. My husband and I stay here two nights a year on our annual trip from Chicago to Oklahoma, and we do appreciate the recent improvements. I have no comment on the continental breakfast since we prefer to drive down the road to Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Rolla
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We arrived 20 minutes before the 3:00 check in time and were welcomed to check in anyway. It was obvious that maintenance/improvements were in process on the pool and landscape. Flat screen TV's have replaced tube TV's.
The continental breakfast was sufficient with good verity. However, coffee and toast or Danish were the only hot/warm items.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

DO NOT DO IT!!! DO NOT stay here!!! Disgusting, at any price, way too much. Heater didn't work, bedding was disgusting, towels were all worn and grey, room was just gross, and I could go on.
I can't figure out how to give it no stars, that is what it should receive. I was on a cross country trip with my pet and needed a pet friendly hotel for the evening. I didn't take the time to research, just did an internet search for a pet friendly hotel near the highway on a gas stop, figured a Days Inn would be fine for a nights sleep after driving 10+ hrs. checked in at 9pm and checked out at 0400 because it was so gross without any sleep ( I was wrapped in my own blankets on top of the bed and still couldn't sleep)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo