“Shoulda known better”
Review of Days Inn Rolla

Days Inn Rolla
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Rolla
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I almost didn't pull in, judging by the outside appearance, but seeing the Days Inn sign made me think it couldn't be too bad. Wrong!!!

This is a very old property, that has been neglected. The rooms are adequate but no where near the quality of previous Days Inn locations.

At checkin, I offered both AAA and AARP cards and asked for the best discount. I was charged full rack rate, that was $11.00 higher than either discount. The clerk saw a tired old traveler and decided to take advantage of the situation.

I did not have my Wyndam Rewards number and asked the clerk if she would look it up. I quickly learned that was not her job and I could send my receipt to corporate when I got home if I wanted credit for this stay.

Several empty beer cases were piled up against the wall outside my room, so I knew some other guest were having a good time. For me, the good time came when I left very early the next morning.

Days Inn needs to monitor their properties better. This one gives them a bad name.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 11, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We needed a quick, clean place to stay as we were making our way west to Sedona, Arizona. I could not be happier for $66. It was your basic, standard room and the important thing was, it was clean. It would not be a destination hotel that I would want to stay but for just traveling through it was fine. The young lady at the front desk was friendly and helpful.

If you don't like rooms with an outdoor entrance, this isn't a place for you.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are outdoors and it only has two floors so request a room on the second floor for l...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Did not have a very nice stay at this motel. When I called the office for assistance I was told nothing could be done for several hours. When I refused to allow a male to enter my room late at night after I was already ready for bed, the hotel refused to take responsibility for the problems in my room. The following morning breakfast was only for those without diabetes, the manager was not coming in for another hour and I was expected to wait for him instead of leaving to resume my travels. When I contacted the complaint department, the manager did not call, write an email or otherwise contact me. He told them I refused their assistance. If you were a lone female and you were already undressed for the night, would you want a strange man in your room after dark????? I simply asked for a $10 refund on my bill for all the inconvenience and the lack of a breakfast that had some minor protein provided. No oatmeal, no egg, no yogurt was provided.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rolla
Baymont Inn & Suites Rolla
#1 of 1 in Saint James
Pear Tree Inn Rolla
Pear Tree Inn Rolla
#3 of 13 in Rolla

Been to Days Inn Rolla? Share your experiences!