“Worth the price, not as sketchy as it looks” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Rolla

Days Inn Rolla
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Rolla
Kansas City, Kansas
“Worth the price, not as sketchy as it looks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I generally get sketched out by front door motels like this, but it was a Days Inn, and it was in my travel expense budget for my job, so I tried it out. They almost managed to lose my reservation, but got it worked out after 10 minutes. Seems their computer system at this location is old, slow, and inefficient. After my first night, no one bothered to clean my room up. There are no "Do Not Disturb" signs for the doors either. But otherwise, room was clean, AC worked well, as did the fridge. Microwave would have been nice, but I guess you can't have it all. It seems like a lot of labor worker folks stay at this location. Better than the typical drug dealers you see living in motels like this, and it looked a lot better than some of the other hotels I've seen in Rolla.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

my fellow travelers, days inn in rolla,mo is a complete toilet. dried blood on the light switch , 2 of the room lamps didnt even work. it smelled nasty stains on the carpet. yellow "mystery" stains on the pillow cases. the word NASTY does not even begin to describe. $60 on a tuesday. no working clock in the room and a refriderator than runs LOUDLY every 10mins. your better off sleeping on the sidewalk.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Rolla hotels

Cody, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

Hotel room was inexpensive, clean, comfortable, and I felt safe. Overall, it met my expectations, keeping in mind that my expectations were based on an inexpensive hotel room. The young man at the front desk was very pleasant and friendly. Bed linens, etc. are not brand new, but they were clean. Room carpeting appeared to be a little old and probably in need of shampooing, but that wasn't a deal-breaker for me. Sound-proofing not the greatest, but I brought my earplugs because I know that the hotels in my price-range aren't necessarily going to have thick, sound-proof walls. The continental breakfast consisted of two kinds of cereal, apple and orange juice, coffee, tea, bagels with cream cheese, bread, packets of oatmeal and little danishes and muffins. It's far from health food, but it was a decent spread compared to other hotels of this kind and price that I've stayed at in the past. I'd recommend the Days Inn Rolla to anyone who's looking for an inexpensive, safe, clean, simple place to stay. If you want a ton of amenities and buffet breakfast, seek lodging at another hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

Clean but a little noisy. Exit was convenient. Staff was courteous

• Stayed September 2011
O'Neill, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

My son works in Rolla each summer at the Ozark Actor's Theatre and I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay while visiting. Thought this place looked ok from my other trips to Rolla and photos on the Days Inn web site....well, how wrong I was.

The rooms smelled as soon as we entered. We encountered what others did, damp carpet, roaches, etc. I personally encountered much more. As I was drying my hair with a towel in the small bathroom, I put my hand through their sub-standard overhead light fixture causing two cuts that required stitches. (see photos) I am a tall man, 6'3", but it did not take much force to shatter this cheap, unsafe, light fixture.

I have asked for a refund, but no response yet from either Days Inn or the owner. Spend the extra money and stay at the Baymont Inn there, much better overall experience.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank coachpeterson
columbus,ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

it was late he we booked this in advance while traveling to see our son in the army. we arrived on rollo to find this dump. it was after midnight and they already took our credit card over phone. Had drunks outside of hotel sitting on cars on the ground drinking well into the night. i called front desk and they stated sorry for the inconvience but did nothing about it . not even calling the police. i had to watch my car all night thinking someone would like to have it more than me. Do yourself a favor, find another hotel maybe in a another city. please place is a joke.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family