“terrible smeely toilet. stay away”
Review of Days Inn Rolla

Days Inn Rolla
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Rolla
“terrible smeely toilet. stay away”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

my fellow travelers, days inn in rolla,mo is a complete toilet. dried blood on the light switch , 2 of the room lamps didnt even work. it smelled nasty stains on the carpet. yellow "mystery" stains on the pillow cases. the word NASTY does not even begin to describe. $60 on a tuesday. no working clock in the room and a refriderator than runs LOUDLY every 10mins. your better off sleeping on the sidewalk.

• Stayed January 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cody, Wyoming
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Hotel room was inexpensive, clean, comfortable, and I felt safe. Overall, it met my expectations, keeping in mind that my expectations were based on an inexpensive hotel room. The young man at the front desk was very pleasant and friendly. Bed linens, etc. are not brand new, but they were clean. Room carpeting appeared to be a little old and probably in need of shampooing, but that wasn't a deal-breaker for me. Sound-proofing not the greatest, but I brought my earplugs because I know that the hotels in my price-range aren't necessarily going to have thick, sound-proof walls. The continental breakfast consisted of two kinds of cereal, apple and orange juice, coffee, tea, bagels with cream cheese, bread, packets of oatmeal and little danishes and muffins. It's far from health food, but it was a decent spread compared to other hotels of this kind and price that I've stayed at in the past. I'd recommend the Days Inn Rolla to anyone who's looking for an inexpensive, safe, clean, simple place to stay. If you want a ton of amenities and buffet breakfast, seek lodging at another hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Clean but a little noisy. Exit was convenient. Staff was courteous

• Stayed September 2011
O'Neill, Nebraska
Reviewed July 13, 2010

My son works in Rolla each summer at the Ozark Actor's Theatre and I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay while visiting. Thought this place looked ok from my other trips to Rolla and photos on the Days Inn web site....well, how wrong I was.

The rooms smelled as soon as we entered. We encountered what others did, damp carpet, roaches, etc. I personally encountered much more. As I was drying my hair with a towel in the small bathroom, I put my hand through their sub-standard overhead light fixture causing two cuts that required stitches. (see photos) I am a tall man, 6'3", but it did not take much force to shatter this cheap, unsafe, light fixture.

I have asked for a refund, but no response yet from either Days Inn or the owner. Spend the extra money and stay at the Baymont Inn there, much better overall experience.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank coachpeterson

Travelers are raving about these Rolla hotels

columbus,ohio
Reviewed June 14, 2010

it was late he we booked this in advance while traveling to see our son in the army. we arrived on rollo to find this dump. it was after midnight and they already took our credit card over phone. Had drunks outside of hotel sitting on cars on the ground drinking well into the night. i called front desk and they stated sorry for the inconvience but did nothing about it . not even calling the police. i had to watch my car all night thinking someone would like to have it more than me. Do yourself a favor, find another hotel maybe in a another city. please place is a joke.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Writing this review from the Days Inn. At least the internet works. Not sure how much sleep I will get. I'm wearing my shoes in the room as the carpet is damp. Neighborhood is not good. I wanted to park my car right outside the office in the vacant space but the receptionist would not seem to let me. Her English and accent is so bad I don't think she understood why I was nervous. The lock on the door worked only marginally.

If it weren't late and storming bad we would leave or at least ask for another room. I don't really think any other room would be any better. We would be drenched moving to another room. The rooms open directly to the outside. Glad my husband is traveling with me as I don't like the big window and the security of the neighborhood.

I booked through Priceline and only saved $2 off the rate from the hotel website. Quite upset. I have used Priceline many times and have always been quite happy with the quality and price. Not so this time. This IS NOT a 2* hotel. I am not sure I would give it 1*. The lobby stunk so I think we will skip breakfast and hopefully any ensuing stomach upset.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my enemy.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Plainfield, IL
Reviewed August 18, 2009

This Days Inn motel along interstate 44 is a very convenient place to just spend your night if you feel your eyes are only halfway open while driving 75 mph. Night staff is very friendly and accomodating but morning shift people are bizzare, a guy that looks like an extra in a Bollywood movie starred at me suspiciously when I took a bucket of ice from the machine. Free Wi-Fi and free continental breakfast, not bad for the price. Make sure to find some travel discount coupon for a better deal. Fresh linens and comfortable bed, a typical economy type of motel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family