Best Western Coachlight
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sunset Inn(Rolla)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanwaffle house next doorsirloin stockadestaff was friendlyenjoyed our staytater patchworking orderroom keystay there againparking loteasy accessoutdoor poolpancakeshot breakfastwe've stayedsausagegreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This Best Western that was recommended by the AAA Pet Book was the worst. The room reeked of stale smoke, the carpet was dirty, bed linen looked like it had been slept on, soap used by previous guest was left in the shower, and no hot water for shower in the evening. It was a smelly, dirty, and sloppy room. Staff was not very helpful when we called about the hot water. We stayed at two other Best Westerns on this same trip and were pleasantly surprised at the newness and cleaniness of the room. The ultimate rub was paying a $10 pet fee for this disgusting room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwstaff, General Manager at Best Western Coachlight, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

James, on behalf of our entire team, I deeply apologize for your experience here at Best Western. As I mentioned in a previous email, I have credited your entire stay back to your credit card, including the $10 pet fee. We work very hard to please every guest and I am truly sorry we didn't provide you with a better experience. We take our guests' feedback to heart, and we will use this to better our hotel and our next guests' experience.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Accommodations were clean and pleasant. We were just staying here for one night on our way home, but it was a nice room. Staff was friendly and it was a very good price. Make sure you ask for AAA or AARP discount if you have membership in either of those.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwstaff, General Manager at Best Western Coachlight, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Thank you so very much! I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! That's a great tip for guests to know to ask for a AAA or AARP discount, we also offer a military discount for active or retired military personnel, too. And if you forget to ask for it during check-in, we can always apply it at check-out, too. Thanks again, and we hope you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

this is the second time we've stayed at this best western. great location close to many restaurants. easy on/off to I-44. large room, king bed, sleeper sofa table chairs and a desk. the area is very secure.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwstaff, General Manager at Best Western Coachlight, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you so much! I'm so glad to hear you have enjoyed your stays with us! We strive very hard to meet and exceed our guests expectations, and it feels so wonderful when we hear such positive feedback. We hope to see you again for a third time!

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We came late one afternoon
Girl was busy at reception but all good
The suite she gave us she couldn't get the electronic key to work
She put us into next door room and it was great
Had good pub behind and we had a great nite
I would recommend this place

• Stayed: July 2013
bwstaff, General Manager at Best Western Coachlight, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind review of our hotel! It sounds like "Tater Patch" is the pub you're talking about visiting that night. I have heard nothing but good reviews about that place, and it works out nicely that it's within walking distance of our hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed your night with us. We look forward to having you here again!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This fits my definition of a typical motel. Totally unexciting rooms with minimum amenities. Cheap soap & shampoo. Mini-coffee maker in the room with mediocre coffee ingredients. Noisy a/c unit, mini-fridge & microwave. Clean, but not fresh smelling.

And don't get me started on the "free breakfast." Not much of interest as far as I was concerned. Mini containers of super sweetened yogurt, boiled eggs, waffle mix & fake syrup, grocery store packaged "pastries, mini muffins and mini donuts," cereal, coffee, juices, and a few pieces of whole, fresh fruit. Lunch (off site) couldn't come soon enough.

There's a Waffle House and a Sirloin Stockade next door - but I wasn't interested in either of those, based on the locals' reviews.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a newer air conditioner. The older units are noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
bwstaff, General Manager at Best Western Coachlight, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

I am so sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I take your comments to heart, and I will consider improvements to each area of our business that you've mentioned. We are working very hard to improve our hotel and our guests experience with us, and your feedback points us in the direction we need to be focusing on, so thank you. I hope if you're in the Rolla area again that you will give us another chance to make a better impression.