“So so”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

Have driven by here 100s of times and finally decided to give it a try based on recommendations. Was returning from a long road trip and stopped in for dinner. Was seated quickly while larger groups waited to be seated due to only one dinning room was open and the other was closed. Menu is very pricey but ordered the prime rib anyway while my wife got the pork chops. The meals looked good and came in average time but I have never been so disappointed once I tasted my prime rib, It was tasteless. The au jus was bland and the horseradish sauce was bitter. I guess I should not have ordered one of the cheaper things on the menu but now that I have tried Matt’s I can say been there, done that. The bread sticks were good and the salad was average; the “house dressing” was flavorful but very thin as it ran off the lettuce when I picked up a bite with my fork. I’m giving an average rating because my wife liked her pork chops.

1  Thank B L

Reviewed June 4, 2018

We had just gotten back from a long vacation in Mexico and wanted some good American food. We found this place by chance on google and decided to stop. I can't tell you how glad I am that we did. This place has the most wonderful food. Everything I had was so tasty. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the pasta was just amazing. We had a little of everything at our table and the bread sticks and french fries were wonderful as well. The staff was so friendly and helpful with advice on what they liked. It felt so great to be home and this was the perfect welcome back. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone I know and everyone I don't. It was fantastic and worth every cent. The prices were extremely reasonable as well. Amazing!

Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

As a long time native I remember when Matt's was tenth street diner. They didn't have the atmosphere they do now but the food was incredible.

Last night was very disappointing. We ordered the porterhouse and prime rub. They were cooed as ordered but the quality of the meal was poor. The steak was so full of gristle it was a fight to even cut. The prime rib didn't melt in your mouth as expected and had zero flavor. And come on Matt's, a high end steak house shouldnt use caffiteria grade steak knives. Salad was soggy and bread sticks tasted like they were old and heated in the microwave.

On the positive side they did offer my girlfriend a different meal in place of the prime rib but we were running short on time. The spinach dip was great. The service was actually very good.

I hardly have anything bad to say and just deal with a meal that's subpar but it's my birthday and a was a special date with my girlfriend. Lonestar steakhouse has far better quality meals even though it's just a chain. Maybe they had a very off night but if you want to take your date some where you can guarantee a great equally expensive meal may I suggest Sybils in St James.

1  Thank DanielO7880
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit to Matt steakhouse, and it was just as delicious as the first one! Meet is very high-quality and service is excellent! Is a little on the pricey side, but you get what you pay for.

Reviewed May 27, 2018

Finally stopped after driving by for years. Very good food and service, nice atmosphere. We were there for a late lunch; when the dinner specials were posted they definitely looked good!

Been to Matt's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!