Polite staff, clean and nice enough "suite." For the cost, though, a slightly-longer-than-average room in an open shotgun shape that feels too narrow with the furniture making it all feel crowded isn't my idea of a "suite." I expect this sort of set-up in big cities, where every inch counts. In Rolla it just felt like a way to charge more for about the same as you would get with a rather regular room anyway. As an example, the television is placed in typical fashion on the dressed in front of the beds, but the "sitting area" across from the couch and chair was where one would watch TV in a real suite. The small table and chairs were in the bed area, too - again, too crowded.
Not that there's anything wrong with all this - the place was nice. Other than that, the loud I-44 traffic could be heard all night, even over the air conditioner. And I didn't like the too-loud Fox news, with its shrill and offensive tone and content, playing through the Saturday breakfast. I couldn't see where the controls were so I don't know if it was a preset selection, but I found the right-wing content unpleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express® Rolla - University of Missouri S & T hotel's location in Rolla, Missouri is perfectly positioned on I-44 just one mile from Missouri University of Science and Technology and Phelps Country Regional Medical Center. Business travelers appreciate the free wireless HSIA and the 24-hour Business Center. Guests visiting Fort Leonard Wood choose this hotel for the secure wired Internet access and a location that's just minutes away. Those traveling to central Missouri for vacation to see the Meramec Caverns love this hotel's location. While in Rolla, treat the kids to a day or two at the Splash Zone Water Park. Then treat yourself to a professional-level production at the Ozark Actors Theater. Take advantage of the hotel's location near Missouri S&T with a visit to the Leach Theatre or the partial reconstruction of Stonehenge on the campus. And don't miss the 1923 Blue Bonnet Special steam engine as you explore the charming downtown of Rolla. The hotel's smoke-free accommodations offer the perfect retreat after a day of meetings or a Fort Leonard Wood graduation. The hotel's amenities include an indoor, heated pool, a Fitness Center with state-of-the-art equipment and the free, hot Express Start Breakfast Bar. Tasteful rooms feature deluxe pillowtop mattresses, flat screen TVs and free high-speed Internet access. The best hospitality staff in Rolla is waiting for you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rolla Hotel Rolla
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Rolla
- Holiday Inn Rolla
- Holiday Inn Express Rolla
- Rolla Holiday Inn