“Clean, newish, tidy - but not really a "suite"”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rolla
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Rolla
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Clean, newish, tidy - but not really a "suite"”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Polite staff, clean and nice enough "suite." For the cost, though, a slightly-longer-than-average room in an open shotgun shape that feels too narrow with the furniture making it all feel crowded isn't my idea of a "suite." I expect this sort of set-up in big cities, where every inch counts. In Rolla it just felt like a way to charge more for about the same as you would get with a rather regular room anyway. As an example, the television is placed in typical fashion on the dressed in front of the beds, but the "sitting area" across from the couch and chair was where one would watch TV in a real suite. The small table and chairs were in the bed area, too - again, too crowded.

Not that there's anything wrong with all this - the place was nice. Other than that, the loud I-44 traffic could be heard all night, even over the air conditioner. And I didn't like the too-loud Fox news, with its shrill and offensive tone and content, playing through the Saturday breakfast. I couldn't see where the controls were so I don't know if it was a preset selection, but I found the right-wing content unpleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from traffic or, perhaps, not on the third floor, which is on the same le...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Carlsbad, New Mexico
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Okay so for one, The room didnt have a fridge and I had medicine for one of my children that needed to be in a fridge, they wouldnt let me upgrade rooms since I booked threw hotels.com but rather said that I could keep her meds in their kitchen fridge and either they or I could get it when needed... Umm, no thank you! Their pool has to much Chlorine and one of my kids broke out in a rash from it. Also, there is NO parking if you show up after about 9. Trucks take up many parking spaces... We ended up having to park our truck in a handy caped space 2 of the 3 nights we where there. When I walked in, I let them know the situation, and the lady was very nice, but there was a guy that felt he needed to be rude and pop of jokes! But to top it all of, it wasnt very easy to get to... We missed the road once and had to go WAY out of our way and turn back around to get to it!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rolla, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Emily P,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Clean and comfortable, but busy. The breakfast was very good. We needed a place to spend one night, and this hotel was just right. This was our fourth time to spend a night here in the past four years. I'm sure we will be back. We had a king room with a wet bar, refrigerator, microwave, and sofa. We had an amazing selection of TV channels, the most I've ever seen at a hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoefromOklahoma
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We stopped for the night on our road trip. This is an updated, clean hotel. They have an indoor pool and hot tub. It looked like cookies were served earlier but were gone by 7:00 when we arrived. The breakfast was good and the breakfast staff was friendly.

• Stayed March 2014
Lori O, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rolla, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Winkie5,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Missouri
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We met some friends here and had a great weekend and the motel was part of it. Everyone we came in contact with was very friendly and helpful, they even had a cork screw we could use to open the wine. The room was nice and large with a comfortable bed and good pillows. The bathroom was a good size and had a large counter to set all of our toiletries. There was good water pressure and as always they have a very nice shower head. We had a good internet connection. There wasn't a lot of noise from the hallway allowing us to enjoy our evening and sleep in the next morning. They offered a very nice breakfast with biscuits, gravy, sausage, pancakes and more. I recommend this motel to Rolla travelers..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear BusymanMissouri,

The staff and I are pleased we could be apart of a great weekend for your and your friends. It sounds like it was a great time for all.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel was very nice. Stopped here after driving all day on my way to Oklahoma City. Was very pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean and modern. The room was very large and the beds were comfy. The lady at the front desk was also very nice. She got me checked in quickly and honored my request for a 1st floor room. I would definitely stay here again if passing through the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear SCSUfan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit. The staff and I take great pride in the hotel and we please you had a good stay. We look forward to seeing you again.
saint louis, mo
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This property is everything you come to expect when staying at a Holiday Inn Express- Great service, comfortable bed, very friendly front desk staff and a nice breakfast buffet. This hotel is very close to the University of Missouri Science and Technology. Very convent. The pool was unfortunately not functional due to a broken pump which we were told happened just the hour previously. On a sunday night, obviously it was not getting fixed. But the front desk staff certainly made up for it by upgrading us free to a queen suite. I would stay here again and again, completely met and exceeded my expectations. I particularly liked the very very spacious breakfast area and comfortable lounging area in the lobby. Big flat screen TV. We enjoyed sitting downstairs with other guests, playing cards and passing the time. Bathrooms are standard size, bright and clean.

Room Tip: If you are a priority club member, ask for an upgrade on check in. They are happy to accommodate you...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jet Set Go!
Lori O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rolla, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Jet Set Go,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at our hotel. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and was able to relax in our Great Room. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the pool being temporarily out of service. The problem has been resolved and we hope you can experience the warm indoor waters during your next stay,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rolla
Hampton Inn Rolla
Best Western Coachlight
Greenstay Hotel & Suites
Greenstay Hotel & Suites
#1 of 1 in Saint James

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rolla? Share your experiences!