“Nice Place, little more than I had expected.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rolla

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rolla
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Rolla
Riverside, CA
“Nice Place, little more than I had expected.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

It had been 20 years or so since I had stayed in Rolla, but it was a pleasant surprise. The last time I had stayed at the Holiday Inn there, it was a pretty old building 20 years ago, but the new building and new furnishings made this stop just what I had needed after 10 hours on the road. There are ample fast food places nearby, restaurants, a grocery store and gas stations. I didn't know how far I was going to get on this leg of the trip, so I didn't have reservations, and it was around 8:30 - 9:00 PM and the desk clerk told me right off the bat he was a new hire. So I figured recipe for disaster right? But as it turned out he had a very good attitude and put up with my questions while he was trying to check me in. As soon as he found out I was a Holiday Inn Priority Club member he really turned up the professionalism, and started going through the club recognition routine, which I appreciate but find unnecessary. Although I didn't have a chance to use the pool and work out area, they both looked very nice, and adequate for their intended purposes. I didn't see any security guards around the building, but the parking lot was well lit, and I did see cameras that appeared to cover the property very well. I would recommend this to anyone in the area. I did think it was about $10 - $20 overpriced, just due to the location, the facilities were worth the price. I normally would have shopped around on-line and would have gotten a little better deal from Holiday Inn's with advanced reservations. With no reservations, being very tired, this place filled all of my expectations and requirements nicely.

Room Tip: The free breakfast was typical in selection, but the area was clean, and the young lady taking care...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Camarillo, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Careful with Holiday Inn Express pre-pay rates: a cancellation, even two weeks in advance, results in a full charge to your credit card. The terms are not spelled out with the rates and must be sought out through a seperate click. When I booked I couldn't get the page to load. Dumb me. And, on top of that their rates are no better than many good chains like Marriott. No more Holiday Inn Express, ever.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Lori O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rolla, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for feedback concerning your recent experience with Holiday Inn Express. I understand that you booked an advance purchase rate and unfortunately had to cancel your reservation. I also understand your concern regarding the terms of a non-refundable advance purchase. As you know an advance purchase rate offers a significant discount, but does require a non-refundable deposit at the time of booking. These restrictions allow us to offer discounted rates that would otherwise be unavailable. If rooms are available for your travel date, we offer the option of booking either restrictive (with cancellation/prepayment requirements) or non-restrictive (can be changed and cancelled without penalty) rates. This provides our guests flexibility in making their specific travel arrangements. The terms of each rate that is offered can be found at the top of the rate category during the booking process. I hope this clears up any confusion you may have had and offers you a better understanding as to what rates are available.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us. We value you as our guest and hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn Express for your future travel needs.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Negative Note: Room was over $100.00 The tv did not work, so we had to use our I-Pad to watch a movie, they offered to move us but we had already gotten "comfortable". We stayed on the 2nd floor, the hallways smelled musty & mold like maybe they had a water leak at one time.
Positive: The room was clean & did not have the odor that the hallway had. The bed was really comfortable. There was a really nice breakfast, but the mini hot bar was difficult to get to in order to retrieve the items without burning your hands.
Overall, like I mentioned earlier, if I had to stay in "Rolla", I would stay here. I think that $100 for one night stay is a bit high for the area.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear JMB2020,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your experience during your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. I understand your concern regarding the operation of the TV. It appears you stayed during our transition from cable to Direct TV satellite. As of September 24th, this transition is complete. Our guests can now enjoy over 100 high definition channels on our 32inch flat panel HD televisions. I also understand your concern regarding the presence of an odor in our hallways. Our carpets had recently been shampooed resulting in a slight odor while drying. Upon reading your comments, as a precautionary measure, we conducted thorough inspection of all public areas and determined no mold or mildew was present.

Again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I hope that during your next visit to Rolla you will allow us the opportunity to extend to you the high level of customer service we are known for and check out our new HDTV programming!
Loveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed here 1 night in room 225. The front desk clerk was helpful and friendly. Everything was clean and the motel even smelled nice and fresh. We used the pool and hot tub and this area was also clean with plenty of pool towels available. We did not take advantage of breakfast as we were here to pick-up our Marine son from Ft. Leanord Wood and had other arangements for breakfast. Our only complaint is you could here people in the adjacent rooms talking, not screaming or yelling, just talking. I believe someone saved a buck by failing to use sound board behind the drywall (sound board deafens noise). This is the first room I have stayed in with this problem since I was a kid (I'm 57). I love Holiday Inn motels and would still stay here again but would make sure I had ear plugs for sleeping.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lori O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rolla, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Jeff H.

Thank you very much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express during your recent visit to Rolla, MO. We truly appreciate your business and want you to know that your opinion means everything to us. I’m very sorry that you were assigned a room with louder than normal neighbors. We rarely receive comments from guests about noise but, based on your feedback, we have decided to provide complimentary ear plugs for any guests that are sensitive to noise and find themselves with neighbors like the ones you encountered. Thank you for inspiring the idea and I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Rolla and take advantage of this new amenity.
Barnard
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Took my son to college PRO earlier this year and stayed at Holiday Inn Express. Very nice from the minute you walk in. Breakfast was really good. Rooms were comfortable. Will stay here again. I've stayed at two other hotels in Rolla and this was by far the BEST.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MomKemper
Lori O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rolla, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank for for your thoughful comments regarding your recent stay. The staff and I take great pride in our hotel, which is located 1 mile from the Univeristy of Science and Technology. We are pleased to hear your stay was pleasant and wish your son the best of luck at college.

Lori O'Neal
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

We rented a “kids suite” for a one-night stay in Rolla while passing through town on vacation. Our daughter (7) thought that the suite was a great idea, but it did nothing for our younger son (2) who didn’t understand the concept at all. Our particular room was long and narrow with a doubled bed, TV and dresser on the far end, then a small room with a set of bunk beds and TV stand which was decorated in a traveling theme. The kid’s room doesn’t have a door or even a curtain separating it from the other bed in the room, so there is not the same level of privacy if you had rented a one bedroom suite. There is also a small fridge, microwave, and coffee maker in the room. The bathroom was standard but spacious. The pool area was also standard and the water temperature was very cold. The flooring around the pool is not textured so it was quite slippery for adults and children alike. The breakfast was the same fare often found at this hotel chain and did the trick for our family before we set off for another day of traveling. The hotel is located near the interstate, but our room was on the opposite side from the road and faced a residential area. I didn’t hear anything during the night, and our whole family slept quite well. There are several restaurants in the immediate area as well as other services such as stores and gas stations.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Alamogordo, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

This is an Express, so you won't find a microwave or fridge, but you'll find a very spacious room with above-average cleanliness and excellent beds for a deep and satisfying sleep.The bathroom is clean and spacious. Nice indoor pool and fitness center with lots of treadmills. In the morning, you'll wake up to find the real highlight, in the form of the breakfast. The lady who sets it up obviously takes pride in her work. Scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, juices, milk, coffee, sweet rolls, the works, all presented in a room that in no way resembles the aftern-thought things you often find that remind you of your high school cafeteria! This one has nice dark wood trim and tables arranged on an attractive full carpet. It's a welcoming setting. The cable TV is sometimes there, and sometimes not, when the signal is lost, but the hostess says they'll be upgrading to a satellite soon. The building is downwhill from I-44 on a frontage road, and be ready to negotiate one of those strange-to-America round-abouts to get there, but it's worth it. This is a great value for your money and I'm sorry I did not take photos.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rolla
Hampton Inn Rolla
Comfort Suites Rolla
#5 of 13 in Rolla
BEST WESTERN Coachlight
Days Inn & Suites Cuba

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rolla? Share your experiences!