Tripadvisor
Rolla

“Good, but not as much as I remembered it.”

Rob and Kricket's Tater Patch
Ranked #4 of 96 Restaurants in Rolla
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Tater Patch has been the premier restaurant and bar in Rolla, Missouri for 50 years, serving a full menu of the best food at reasonable prices while also being the regions #1 nighttime entertainment spot featuring the only the areas best entertainment with karaoke on Wednesday and Thursday and live bands every Friday and Saturday night! Stop by the Tater Patch for a visit and you'll see why it's been a thriving business in Rolla for half a century!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We met my Granddaughter and her husband for an early Dinner - Sunday Afternoon. It took a long time to be served, and longer to get our food. ... and unfortunately I ordered something I wouldn't order again - a BBQ Tater - my fault - everybody else enjoyed their food. We will go again and expect to enjoy it.

Date of visit: January 2020
P4644QErobw, Owner at Rob and Kricket's Tater Patch, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for stopping by to dine with us! We do get very busy on occasion which can put some stress on our little ‘ol kitchen and slow things down from time to time, but it’s not always that way so we hope you return for another visit and find your next meal more to your liking! Safe travels!

Write a reviewReviews (318)

Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

Pork tenderloin huge, but sooo tasty I had to eat the WHOLE thing.
French fries crisp hot and excellent just enough salt. House salad excellent.. Service could be better.
Place was clean, i like that.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 29, 2019

Our friends had mentioned this place to us. They said the servings we huge. We stopped by because it was a convenient stop on our trip. The place has a niche following. The building is rustic and as the restaurant advertises the business is 50 years old, little has been updated. The restaurant was fairly busy. A table of 20 arrived right before us and there were several other occupied tables. We asked about the best seller. The server, Jessica, told us about the pork tenderloin. OH, my. It was an enormous schnitzel with a hamburger roll and it came with a side. One person could not possibly eat the entire thing! I ordered the catfish basket because our friend had recommended it. When the tenderloin arrived it is alarmingly big. We expected big--we got BIG! The pork was flavorful and the breading was crisp. It was actually quite nice. My catfish nuggets were really good too. Both were surprising. Now we know why there is a stream of patrons filing through the door. The servers were in constant motion. As a nurse, I always check for hot water in the bathrooms and yes they had it. Although, the restaurant is not going to win any beauty contests, we would definitely return if we are in the area again.

Reviewed December 27, 2019

Very slow to get service. Forgot utensils, waitress spent too much time talking among themselves. Food was ok, somewhat dry

Reviewed December 22, 2019 via mobile

We decided to stop here because someone had recommended this a couple of years ago.
We would never, ever recommend this to anyone.
The server seemed nice, I asked about what is supposed to be their #1 sandwich which is the pork tenderloin. The server did not lie when she said it was big. It was pounded out so amazingly thin, there was little meat to it. It was about half breading (see pics). My wife had the chicken potato. It was advertised by other reviews as as big as your head, really? Not to mention the chicken was scattered around the edge of the plate and was dry. The potato was pretty hard. Maybe this happened when it could have been microwaved to long?
Never got an offer to get our drinks refilled( this is a sign to some that the server is not very attentive).
Bottom line is,
X OFF THE BUCKET LIST!

1  Thank xpurt

Been to Rob and Kricket's Tater Patch? Share your experiences!