“Gone down”

Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Japanese Hibachi and Sushi
Description: Japanese Hibachi and Sushi
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Until our last visit I would have rated Koi at very good. The food was fresh; nicely sesaoned and the portions were nice. Recently things have changed; while the portion sizes are the same what is on your plate is not. Case in point- terriaki chicken- was more onion than chicken. The service was spotty and the atmosphere was depressing.

1  Thank Charmed1994

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I enjoy hibachi and sushi and I wouldn't rate this as a bad meal, it just wasn't extraordinary. I've been to other hibachi places where they really make the preperation a big deal, this was kind of robotic. The guy didn't have much of a personality and went through the motions. No sake spraying here. The majority of our party got the hibachi and my boyfriend and I got the sushi. My sushi was nothing special, no presentation. I may have ordered a boring meal, but I am gluten free so I did the best with what I was given. We did have the soup which was good for a couple of slurps. I did leave hungry, but I guess that was my fault. I didn't find it a bad restaraunt, just run of the mill, but I'm sure we'll be back.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Ate at the hibachi and had the Filet Mignon. The steak was great, the experience was usual. The service not so good. Waited and waited for drink refills-never to receive-had to get up and ask. Daughter had sushi, said o.k. Motomo better. No salad w/lunch, I have always had salad at all Japanese restaurants we have ever eaten at?? I think we will stay w/our usual.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

If you're after the Japanese steakhouse experience, this will do it for you. The knife swinging, chopping, onion volcano, throwing bits of food at people, and saki squirting at guests aspects all here. Of course, when they're done cooking things on a griddle, everything tastes the same, old oil and too much soy sauce.

They also have an extensive sushi menu and a sushi boat for a large group. The sushi is acceptable, although the skill of the chef is not up to those of Rolla's two other Japanese restaurants.

They could improve their cleanliness, the tables and menus are sticky and they have a penchant for sitting people right by the toilet - even if the restaurant is empty.

At least they're open on Sunday, few restaurants in Rolla are.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our experience as a family at Koi was fantastic! They are clean, they are professional, they are yummy! Great food for a great price.

Been to Koi? Share your experiences!