“A definite Yes”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Rolla
Beaver Bank
“A definite Yes”
Reviewed May 29, 2010

We were 4 adults travelling Route 66 and then some. This Comfort Suites was our first night ( May 3rd ) of 21 on the road. It was a great start. This hotel is very clean inside and out. It is on the outer road on the fringe of town and adjacent to the Interstate but it is quiet. The staff were very friendly and informative. The complimentary breakfast had a nice variety and included hot items. The room was large and the beds very comfortable. And the price, well $89 for 4 adults including breakfast seems pretty good to me. I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank ametsound

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Illinois
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Our room (102) was not up to what I have seen before at Comfort Suites.

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank legend30
Tulsa
Reviewed March 21, 2010

We stayed recently at the Comfort Suites in Rolla and were very pleased with our check-in (very fast and courteous), the breakfast buffet (LOTS of choices) and the size of our suite -far larger than we would have expected.

We had two complaints: the first is that our room faced the highway. The highway goes down a hill at that location and truckers use their "Jake Brakes" to slow down which does not make for a good night's sleep! My advice is to ask for a room that faces away from the highway.

The second complaint is that my family and I thought that the mattresses were too soft and the pillows that were offered, while soft, were about 18" square (like a throw pillow), so if you moved your head while you slept, your head would come off of it.

My advice here would be to ask for extra pillows, if your room has this setup.

Otherwise, the food was excellent, the staff was very nice and the location was clean and bright.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Groton, NY
Reviewed October 2, 2009

My family and my brother's family stayed in this hotel August 16-18, 2009. This is a nice hotel. We rented two suites with two queens, a pull out sofa, and a mini-kitchen for each family. The rooms were large and clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. There are plenty of restaurants with a good variety in the area. I did not see a downside to the hotel. The only downside I see to Rolla is that there is nothing for a family to do with their graduating soldier while they are on a 9 hour leave. Since there is a graduation every 9 weeks it would be nice if there was a movie theater, or park or mini-golfing or something.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Rolla Missouri
Reviewed May 3, 2009

Although we ( myself and my 2 young children) are local, we like to just "get away" a few times a year. When the hotel that we normally stayed at was booked, we tried Comfort Inn & Suites. From the time we walked in the front doors to the time we checked out, we felt very welcomed. We were well taken care of by all the staff. Anyone who has had a bad experience here really should give it one more shot, you might just be happily surprised. The breakfast provided was great as well. However, the main reason we loved it so much and will most deffinately be back, was the pool. The pool tempurature was GREAT!!! The room price is a little too high, but it's worth it to us because we just loved the "gigantic bath".

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank caylakaylee
rolla
Reviewed February 19, 2009

We stayed at the Comfort Suites in Rolla and it was fantastic !!!!! I had read the review about the Manager and just wanted to see for ourself. I asked to meet the manager and she was so delightful made me feel right at home talkking to her. So i would like to say, the person writing that horrible review about this hotel and manager is just sour grapes!!! If you do not want to be charged for a room then cancel it. Do not write ugly things about a place you have never been in. We will go back again

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cookie_cf
Indiana
Reviewed November 29, 2007

This was a great hotel stay where I was treated with courtesy and respect by all. The front desk staff were very welcoming and the room was spacious, providing a pleasant stay.

The indoor pool was clean and well cared for. The water temperature was cooler than I like and therefore my family and I didn't end up using it after we got ready and went down there. I do wish the water had been warmer.

Some of my recent hotel stays at other locations have not been all that pleasant, so this was a breath of fresh air to find everything as I expected it.

If you have time, visit Meramec Springs Park. It is a beautiful park about 10 miles away.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank itravelus