“worst comfort inn anywhere!”

Comfort Suites Rolla
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Rolla
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I went to our grandson's graduation in Rolla. There was NO hot water in the morning...ice cold!! The room had a serious paint smell that hurt your eyes! To make matters worst they over-charge my credit card! I had to put a dispute on it! This place should be named UNcomfort Suites!

1  Thank larry007749
Alissa M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Rolla, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your visit. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback. Our property is in the middle of a remodel and we are doing our best to keep inconveniences to a minimum. We certainly hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

There was not any hot water for showers... The room had a terrible "paint" smell and was giving everyone headaches.. Spider in the bed/under the sheets... Charged for an extra night that we did not stay... WORST Comfort Suites we have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your visit. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback. Our property is in the middle of a remodel and we are doing our best to keep inconveniences to a minimum. The issues you mention have been addressed. We have a beautiful property and hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here the night before the graduation for MST. I booked my reservation months in advanced and had 3 rooms for Friday night and 2 rooms for Saturday all with double beds. I called the hotel directly and did the booking.

First off, when we arrived about 3:30pm, they put us into kings beds. Some of us had to sleep on the sofa bed. That mattress is so terrible, you can't sleep. We even tried putting it on the floor, no help. The king bed was good. They tried to get us into at least one double bed room but couldn't. So they were going to have us pack up and check out then re-check in later that afternoon. Was not happy with the arrangement but we had no other choice.

When we walked into the rooms, it had a very strong paint odor. One room was so bad it was making you dizzy. They said they just painted the rooms a week ago. I can't imagine anyone sleeping in these rooms. They did get our grandparents moved to a room that wasn't painted recently and the rest of us sleep in paint smelling rooms. I have no issue with them keeping the rooms looking clean and nicely painted but they need to use paint that has no or little odor in this type of business even if that paint cost more. The rooms were clean and moving one room was very helpful.

In the morning it got worse. There was absolutely no hot water. The water was as cold as it gets without ice. I couldn't shave nor barely take a shower. Most of us didn't even take a shower and just dressed in our suit and ties and dresses being dirty. It was a joke being talked about amongst other guest in the dining room, everyone was complaining. I understand that the hotel was full and because of that, that all the hot water could be gone. But this is a hotel, they need to design their hot water supply for a full hotel. If my own house kept running out of hot water, I would purchase a bigger water heater. On top of that our sink wouldn't drain or finally drained very slowly.

Breakfast was average for this type of hotel. It had the common items including biscuits and gravy, eggs and sausage. They didn't have enough staff to keep things stocked though. Out of some coffee, eggs and sausage and the biscuits were hard (put enough pre-made gravy on them, they did finally soften up).

We reported all of this to the front desk. They did discount the rooms a little bit more but I wouldn't of gone through this experience if it was free. I would gladly rather paid more than what we went through. They said it was all due to the hotel being full. The manager wasn't even there on one of their busiest days and she knew that in advanced. We ended up cancelling the two rooms for the following day.

I had another bad experience at a comfort suites so apparently they might not have good management overall and poor construction design for full capacity This will probably be my last stay in a comfort suites.

Room Tip: They haven't painted the rooms on the 3 floor yet. Perhaps by the time someone reads this, the f...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Alissa M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Rolla, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your visit. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback. Our property is in the middle of a remodel and we are doing our best to keep inconveniences to a minimum. Your comments will help us address the other issues. We have a beautiful property and hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I would have rated this hotel with 5 stars except for one drawback. The hotel is new and very clean . . . and conveniently located. The room was clean, bed comfortable, and staff very friendly. The complimentary breakfast was one of the best I've had . . . typical continental fare plus scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, etc. Really very good for hotel free breakfast.

But -- BUT -- the first morning of our stay there was no hot water for the shower. We were told by one person there was a problem with the hot water heater but another employee told us this sometimes happens when the hotel is full. Be warned . . . or take your shower the night before or early in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Alissa M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Rolla, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for the review. We know you have options when coming to Rolla, and we are so happy you choose to stay with us at the Comfort Suites. I apologize for the issue with no hot water. We look forward to your next stay and thank you again! We love having you here!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Hotel Service and breakfast have been as good as in previous years. The rooms are undergoing some renovations.
The hot tub was closed last year already... :-(
The rooms are large and are comfortable for a longer stay, even on a business trip due to a large desktop and a resonable chair to sit on even longer.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Alissa M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Rolla, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our property! I am thrilled to hear that we made your stay comfortable. We look forward to seeing you again! We love having you here!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Very nice motel. Fairly new and very clean. The rooms are large and spacious. The pool is very nice and has a 6' deep end (some motel pools trend to be very shallow these days) There is a Sauna and no hot tub.. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It is close to food and fuel. The breakfast buffet is fairly standard. It has meat and eggs plus all the usual including waffles. Hot and tasty with plenty of food

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Alissa M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Rolla, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your comments. We hope to see you again soon! We love having you here!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed here when I was working in the area. No, it's not super fancy....but the rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable, the breakfast was good, the business center worked, and the fitness center was adequate. For the price, this place is worth it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Alissa M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Rolla, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our property! I am pleased to hear our accommodations were satisfactory and met your needs during your trip to Rolla. We hope to see you again soon! We love having you here!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rolla
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rolla
Pear Tree Inn Rolla
Pear Tree Inn Rolla
#3 of 13 in Rolla
Hampton Inn Saint Robert/Fort Leonard Wood

Been to Comfort Suites Rolla? Share your experiences!