“Very Nice”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Rolla
Phoenix, Arizona
“Very Nice”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Large clean room with king bed and sitting area. Great breakfast -- would be nice to start at 6 instead of 6:30. Wall Street Journal at the door in the morning. Only 2 concerns -- the air conditioner took a long time to cool the entire room and the tub drain wouldn't hold -- kept losing water.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Alissa M, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Rolla, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
We love having you here! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your comments. They will help us to correct these issues. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed one night but it was enough to let me know I'd be there any time business required a stay in Rolla. Very pleasant desk staff - authentic in the way that can't be faked, a room pre-cooled (Most places leave the AC off to save on costs and you walk into an oven that takes hours to cool in the terrible summer weather we have.) with a note from the housekeeping staff that felt genuine, too, a comfortable bed, nice room. good breakfast, quiet - a perfect, easy place to stay.

I'll be honest. I had rather avoided the Comfort Suites chain because of the misunderstanding about quality. I was wrong.

I noticed two comments here about ac in a suite with a separate bedroom - I had just a king suite and the ac was great, and I need it very cool. Also, I had no trouble with the wireless internet, but depending on location and traffic and other conditions, it can be an issue just about everywhere. I'm not denying these comments from the other guests at all. I'm just saying they didn't match my personal experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank K M
We love having you here! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about our friendly team. We are very lucky and appreciate all of our team members and their efforts and we appreciate you taking the time to mention them in this great review.
Were happy you experienced great customer service and clean rooms at Comfort Suites - this is our number one goal! We look forward to your next stay and thank you again!
Las Cruces, NM
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The room was okay, appropriate for the price paid. It was clean, which is a big plus. However, we upgraded to a one bedroom suite, only to find that there was no a/c for the sitting room. Bedroom a/c worked fine, but it wouldn't carry air out of the bedroom. That wasn't the biggest complaint. The biggest complaint was that the internet connection kept dropping. Every five minutes. So, if you're planning to go online here, find another motel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank gmgold
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed June 3, 2012

There is nothing wrong with this hotel! My experience was very nice. The only bad thing I have to say is that the elevator is extremely slow! It takes one to 3 or maybe four minutes just for the elevator to come. Since there is only 3 floors it wasn't a big impact. I ended up using the stairs which are very nice. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Ogden
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 12 nights while I was attending training at Fort Leonard Wood. I couldn't find any decent hotels that had available rooms in St Robert near Fort Leonard Wood so I looked in Rolla and decided on the Comfort Suites. Everything was great about the stay, friendly staff, clean rooms, great housekeeping, great breakfast, etc, etc. Rolla is also a real nice town of around 10,000 people that has just about everything a traveler needs. The hotel price was also very fair for the quality of this hotel considering a Motel 6 or Days Inn is around $65-70 in St Robert. That was also the government rate. Fort Leonard Wood was about 30 minutes away, 15 min on I 44 then about 15 min for the next 5 miles.

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor and in the back. Missouri has rumble strips on the side of their roads...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank phileaglesfan
Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We arrived late and were greeted immediately! We went to our room and found the room to be large and very clean! We had a great nights sleep and the beds were so comfortable. The hotel is located right off the highway but I don't remember hearing it at all during our stay. Breakfast was great , we loved the waffle maker!!! The staff was all very nice and when we drive through again we will definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2012
Marysville, Michigan
Reviewed December 31, 2011

The rooms are very nice. Our room had two queen size beds, a sofa that pulled out into another bed, a microwave, refridgerator, coffee maker, a sink and a safe. The bathroom is nice and updated. The only downside was that the pool wasn't heated, or if it was suppose to be, it was on the cool side.
The hotel is just off the expressway, but far enough away so you don't hear any traffic.

Room Tip: Any room is great.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank nikki27f
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rolla
Baymont Inn & Suites Rolla
#3 of 13 in Rolla
Greenstay Hotel & Suites
Greenstay Hotel & Suites
#1 of 1 in Saint James

Been to Comfort Suites Rolla? Share your experiences!