“Perfect weekend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rocky Mount
The Garden House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Rocky Mount B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This was our first experience with a b&b and we loved it. The rooms were modern and very well taken care of and the view was great. We were at the lake for my parents 50th wedding anniversary and this was a perfect way to enjoy being near family but still having a peaceful place to escape too. The breakfast were excellent and Lill and her Doug were the perfect hosts. We will defiantly repeat the experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 29, 2012

My husband I stayed 3 nights at this inn. Lil was pleasent enough the first couple of days, but I did not like not having a key to my room. I understand the people in the Ozarks are trusting, but they do not know who the other renters are.
On our third day of our stay, we came back exhausted from jet skiing and took a nap. About an hour into my nap, one of the renters had a reunion which was loud with dishes, pots, pans, and furniture banging and waking us up, not to forget the loud voices and strangers (not renters) on our private balcony, which also came off of the kitchen so our breakfast could be brought to us.
The hot water stopped working two times the first two days and on the third day, Lil told my husband to be quiet when using the sliding door (renters down stairs complained). On the last day, I was told to turn the hot water off because the same renters were trying to take shower, then, suddenly a coffee stained copy of the room rules and regulations appeared in the room. (Recap, my rent $60 more than their rent, per night)
We paid almost $800 to stay at this place and felt uncomfortable with the demeanor of Lil the last couple of days of our stay. If there are rules and regulation, they should be posted before a person reserves a room. Especially for this kind of money.
We never complained and for the breakfasts Lil made, we did tip her at the end. As for as staying there again--never. This was suppose to be a "love trip" for our 34th wedding anniversary. This was ask when reserving, but was never recognized by anyone there. This was our first B&B and hopefully our next will be with another place who respects us as individuals and lays out the rules and regulations before reserving.

Room Tip: Make sure the hot tubs in the rooms are not used after 10pm and before 11am. Also, know the rules a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank rfinch12
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My husband and I traveled to Lake of the Ozarks to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and stayed at the Garden House. Having never been in a B&B, we weren't sure what to expect. However, Lill was FABULOUS and our stay was incredible. The place is very clean, new (not some historical old place), and Lill's cooking is fantastic! If you are looking to slow down and relax, this is the place to go. It's a little hard to find the first time, but well worth the trip. We'll be back!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Julie W
Reviewed April 26, 2012

My wife and I visited this wonderful place for our last weekend alone prior to our little princess arriving. First, the view was spectacular. Not sure it could have been any better given the time of year (early March). The B&B was immaculate from the time you stepped in the door - not a spec of dirt anywhere. Lil and husband were great hosts and breakfast cooks. The breakfast spread was unbelievable. We would definitely recommend this to all and will return some day!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Joshua S
Reviewed February 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I just got back from a weekend getaway to the Ozarks. This was a last minute trip and weren't sure what to expect. From the moment you walk thru the door it's an instant feeling of complete peace. The house is modern,immaculate and beautiful. The views are incredible, we actually set our alarm so that we could watch the sunrise from our balcony. Breakfast was amazing both days!! I can go on an on forever about the house, but if you need some R&R this is definitely the B&B for you. I have told everyone I know about it and will be planning a girl's weekend soon and staying here. This place is in a class of it's own, absolutely beautiful!!

Room Tip: all rooms have great views
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Wanda C
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We stayed here for our honeymoon this past August. Lil was a wonderful hostess. The food was fantastic. We had our own private deck and a delicious breakfast was served every morning. It was such a peaceful place and we had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jaime D
Reviewed December 6, 2011

This is the place to be for any getaway. It is romantic, relaxing, and all the above. I recommend this to everyone that need some u time. Beautiful scenery. definatly returning for my anniversary next year.

• Stayed: October 2011
#2 of 12 in Lake Ozark
LakeHouse Hotel
LakeHouse Hotel
#1 of 14 in Osage Beach

Been to The Garden House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!