“yummm”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 25, 2013

lots of atmosphere here , right on the main road across from lake!
great pizza and cold beer! We ordered a large with everything , shoulda ask more about it, it was huge! We took some with us for later, will be back for sure!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

The pizza at the Pizza Cellar is almost like the pizza joint's I went to as a kid in Chicago, IL. This place is in the cellar of an old building, but once you get down stars, it's game on. Great pizza, great service and cold beer. It just doesn't get any better. My advise is, JUST DO IT.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great pizza. It's a cool/eclectic place located in the basement of an old building. The service was good and the pizza was great. It's a thin crust type pizza that is cut into squares. One of my boys had the lasagna and it was marvelous. I will warn you that the whole place is smoking. So if having to sit in a restaurant with people smoking turns you off this place is not for you. The night we went it was not crowded, but the table next to us lit up before we even ordered. Fortunately there are 2 sides of the restaurant that is divided by a wall and we went to the other side. There was only a table of six in there and they never lit up.

The only other issue was we watched our server make our salad using her bare, non-gloved hands.

2  Thank SpringfieldRazorback
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were staying at Rockaway Beach with the family, called in an order, and were really surprised by this place. The Pizza Cellar is in the basement of what looked to me like a pretty rustic place, but don't let that put you off. The atmosphere inside the joint (and it is a joint) reminded me of some of the great family-owned pizza places from my youth (circa 1970's). Lots of dark corners, heavy wooden furniture (maybe even red/white checkered table clothes - can't quite remember), a handful of video games and a jukebox, and a bar that looked like it had regulars. All of this was a big hit with my kids (ages 11 and 13) and me. Oh, and the pizza was HUGE and delicious. Great place, but next time I'm there I'll eat in instead of carrying out so I can soak up some of the atmosphere.

1  Thank Lea B
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stopped in on a Sunday evening around 5:45. We were on our way to Branson and went out of our way to try this place due to the high reviews. There were many empty tables and one big party of about 15 people there. We were promptly waited on. Then we waited and waited and waited. It took 1 hour and 15 minutes for our pizza to arrive and all we ordered was a thin crust pizza! The waitress never really apologized she said they had messed the order up twice and she didn't know what was wrong with them other than the kitchen staff can't read and told me "well, that happens" and gave us 4 free beers and made us pay for 2 beers and the pizza. I would have appreciated a free appetizer much more than the free beers and that was never offered. I also wish she had told us much sooner about the mix up so we could have ordered an appetizer. We had one of our children with us and they got his order right and by the time we got our pizza he was done with his and had to wait for us to eat. We thought the pizza was good, nothing spectacular and the crust was bland. We had ordered half sausage/pepperoni and half mushroom. The pizza crust seemed patched together as if they accidentally put one of the toppings on the entire pizza then removed half the crust and patched it with new. We won't be back, it wasn't worth driving out of our way.