“Best pizza I have ate.”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Locals eat hear, great pizza. Large, hot and fully loaded with fresh ingredients. When you pull up dont run. The builling looks a little run down but is worth the stop. You enter the door and go down into the cellar of the building. Lots of room , pizza ,pinball , and a bar if you like drink.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

The service was good. Smoky, bar like setting. Very casual but the food is good.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

It is a place to relax and unwind for a while, it is down where it is warm in the winter and cool in the heat of summer. Every time I go to Rockaway Beach I just have to stop here and eat. We plan our entire drive time so we can stop here.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

This is a true hole in the wall. The outside of the building is kind of confusing but they've got "entrance" over one of the doors so you'll get headed in the right direction. Then you go doooowwwn some stairs into a cellar where you're hit with the sound of a jukebox mixed with sports on TV, groups of people talking, cigarette smoke, and the aroma of the best pizza you've probably encountered in a long, long time. For two normal people a couple of salads and a small pizza is more than enough food. You need to have six in your party before even thinking about the large, I think it weighs 10 pounds. The crust is thin and crispy and request it even thinner and crispier if you like it more like a cracker, which I do. I haven't had a pizza this good since Shakey's closed in Arkansas. I'm even giving the atmosphere an "excellent" because I love it, but if you don't like old and funky, if you're a neat freak, if the smell of cigarettes makes you see red I'd suggest you go somewhere else. All others that want a great pizza........ this is your place.

Reviewed December 1, 2007

the pizza cellar has been around forever.If rockaway beach disappeared the pizza cellar would still be in business, its that good. friendliest people in the world work there. best pizza you'll ever eat. forget pizza hut,pizza Inn, papa johns,domino's,godfathers,Cici's,incrediable pizza,shotgun sams,ken's pizza, or any other I forgot.now get over there and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!