“Fun!”

Black Iron Grill Steakhouse & Saloon
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: Steakhouse providing hand cut steaks and burger ground daily. Pasta, sandwiches and other items available but it is a steakhouse that's what we do best.
Rock Port, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun!”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Free appetizer: Peanuts .... and just toss the shells on the floor! Yummy, and great entertainment for the kids. The food prices are reasonable, as are the generous servings. Taste is wonderful ..... we've eaten there several times, and have never disliked any of the food. Great waiter, attentive, but not "hovering." Easy to get his attention, as if he's keeping an eye on us from across the room. Always smiling .... no request was met with a raised eyebrow or demeaning look!

Visited November 2012

Rock Port, Missouri
“Great food, service not so good.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went on a Saturday night about 8 p.m. for supper. The place was packed, really lively and warm atmosphere. Similar to Whiskey Creek, you've got the bucket of peanuts and can throw them on the floor. They're a half restaraunt/half bar & the bar had a live band at 9 p.m. so the dining area did get a bit noisy.

We had steak and they were delicious. They had a decent salad bar, not a ton of choices but good enough. Baked potatoes were HUGE, even the hubby only had 1/2 of his. Steaks were cooked perfectly (well-done and medium-rare). Free refills on sodas and coffee and they have alcohol if you want it.

Our only real complaint was the service. All the servers seemed to be younger ladies. Although they were busy and moving around, not sitting on the job by any means, our waitress was not very attentive at all. She got our order and drinks right away, that was good. But once she brought the food we never saw her again until she brought the check. We had to stop another waitress to get refill drinks and a to-go container. Our waitress never asked how the food was or offered any refills of any kind. What little we saw of her I liked, she seemed very nice.

I'm sure we'll go back, the food was too good not to. Just be prepared to need to work for attention from your server.

• Visited November 2012
Regina
“A Wondeful Surprise”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

It was one of the only 2 restaurants near my hotel in Rockport, MO. When I first saw it, I didn't expect it to be very good or pleasing. Much to my surprise, it was a wonderful experience in terms of the food, service and the decor. I was very surprised that it was a theme restaurant with cool old paraphilia on the walls and hanging from the ceiling. It looked like a rustic old barn inside. Has hudge buckets of peanuts on the table too. When I am traveling I look for a restaurants with unique decor and food. This restaurant was one of the best I have eaten at for both reasons. It became my favorite for the few days I was there and when I drove through that area again a month later and stopped there. I highly recommend the Black Iron Grill for anyone that likes a restaurant atmosphere that is not of the ordinary and good food.

• Visited July 2012