“Excellent gumbo”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Gumbo Shop
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Enjoy gumbo and French bread for lunch. Small place with counter service. Food is outstanding. Limited hours so sheck before you go

Reviewed December 25, 2011

My husband and I used to eat here regularly when we lived in STL. The po' boys and crawfish etouffee are delicious, as are many other items on their menu. There are only 3 or 4 tables, I think most people go here for carry out. I highly recommend stopping by when you are in the area. I know we miss this restaurant!

Reviewed December 13, 2011

This will save you the twelve hour drive south. Go on a Saturday and try the special: blackened roughy served over jambalaya...so good!

Reviewed December 1, 2011

I'm not even sure The Gumbo Shop even has a real dining area because the only time I go is for carryout.

Since this is the only real Cajun restaurant in mid-county St. Louis that I'm aware of, it is my favorite. If you're coming in from out of town and looking for the real Cajun deal, then go downtown to Broadway Oyster Bar.

If you're wanting some good Cajun fare to eat right away, or even to prepare later, The Gumbo Shop should satisfy your craving.