“A relaxing anniversary getaway!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rocheport
Yates House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 5 Rocheport B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 4, 2010

The Yates House in Rocheport was the perfect long weekend getaway to celebrate our 25th anniversary and to just unwind and relax in the wonderful little town of Rocheport.
Dixie and Conrad were absolutely the best hosts we have ever had. Genuienly warm and hospitable people. We didn't want to leave. We stayed in the Tasha Tudor room. Very luxurious in the smallest details.
We also participated in Dixie's weekend cooking class. Wow, it was such a great time and learned little tips and techniques that we have already put to use. Dixie is an excellent chef and teacher. We highly recommend her class.
Last but certainly not least, the breakfasts are wonderful... and you get a lot of it, YUM!
We will be back.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 1, 2010

Found our weekend at the Yates House to be one of the best "get-aways" ever. The rooms were so beautiful with attention to even the smallest detail, but also included the best in showers and tubs and even lighted make-up mirrors. We also had fresh cookies every day and inn-keepers that catered to your every desire. Everything was just beautiful- from the furnishings to the gardens to the way the food was put on your plate. The gourmet breakfasts were unbelievable. We also took the cooking classes- preparing and eating what we fixed. We learned so much and enjoyed getting to know new people and trying new ideas in Dixie's fabulous kitchen!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2010

Yates House B&B is a fantastic place to stay. We stayed in the garden house suite which was extremely clean, charming, and quiet. The bed is perfect and the linens are of high quality. Dixie and Conrad are very welcoming and informative. They create and serve the most delicious gourmet food. Explore every nook of YHBB and you will see that the owners are perfectionists! Come and stay...you will have a wonderful and relaxing time.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2010

This Bed and Breakfast is simply off the charts! Located on the historical Katy Trail, Dixie and Conrad have created a spectacular getaway destination that is equal to none. Each morning, wake up to the smell of a delicious, gourmet breakfast. Spend your day, taking a walk or bike ride on the Katy Trail, sample fine wines at some of Missouri's well known wineries or simply grab a book and a bottle of wine and relax in the beautiful flower garden at the Yates House. Whatever your pleasure, you will find the Yates House a phenomenal experience.
Kent
Overland Park, KS

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Yates house with family for a wedding and I was blown away! The stay was arranged by other family members and our family and friends numbered so many that we pretty much took over both houses of the inn. This was our first time in Rocheport and what a quaint picturesque little town. We have stayed at many B & B’s and have been impressed with some and sorely disappointed in others, but I have to say this one pretty much wins out on all the others when you tally up all categories. The attention to detail is evident everywhere from the furnishings in the rooms to the decorations. Conrad and Dixie who own the inn and run it with the help of Dixie’s sister are quite the hosts, warm and friendly. I felt spoiled the whole time we were there. Conrad, you crack me up. Even though we arrived late in the evening our first night there you insisted on showing us how everything worked down to the smallest detail. You are proud of your inn and it shows. My wife’s cousin told us about Dixie’s cooking but wow! A lot of B&B’s serve up something for breakfast that sounds impressive but in reality…… I wish I could have Dixie’s cooking all the time but I would gain 30 pounds. By the way, Dixie has written cookbook and I made sure I got mine before we left. Those cookies Dixie makes don’t stay on plates very long. I’m pretty picky when it comes to beds because of my back but their beds are first rate with fine linens and covers and contrary to what one (misinformed) previous reviewer wrote there are no bed bugs here. This place is super clean and as corny as this sounds it reminds me of one of those articles you see in Sunset magazine. Thanks guys for a wonderful experience, I wish you were closer to home so we could stay more. P.S. Walk the short distance to the main street for shopping, homemade ice cream and live music in the evening, fun!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank its-all-good58
Reviewed September 9, 2010

My wife and I, and friends, have stayed at the Yates House multiple times. It is unexcelled. It's in a great get-away location, and provides us with opportunities to do things we like in a beautiful setting: GREAT theatre at nearby Arrowrock (the Lyceum), running, hiking, biking, relaxing ... along with truly wonderful food at the Yates House and at local restaurants. Yates House is a member of Select Registry ... which appears to be an outstanding quality assurance organization that looks after the interests of those of us who are prospective guests of B&Bs.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2010

We stayed there with a lot of other family members - rented the whole place for the weekend. The food was fabulous, the rooms were immaculate and very cozy, the afternoon cookies were warm and delicious, and Conrad and Dixie are perfect hosts. They were like family too by the time we left; very personable and willing to meet any need we had. Wish they owned a B & B closer to us; we would definitely stay there on a regular basis. We would stay again without a second thought!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Yates House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!