“An unexpected treat”

Description: (573) 698-3000
Kansas City, Missouri
“An unexpected treat”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We were in the area for the weekend, and decided to try Abigail's. There are only 9 or 10 tables in a narrow, long building, with eclectic decor, some antique, some novelty, a rowing shell hanging from the ceiling. Reservations are recommended for dinner. The menu changes daily. I had shrimp scampi, and my husband had lobster ravioli with a cajun cheese sauce. Definitely not what I would have expected in a small central Missouri town. The food was all delicious and the service was good. There was quite an array of desserts, I had a piece of toffee nut pie that was to die for! Be sure to save room!

• Visited October 2012

Columbia, Missouri, United States
“Excellent customer service and superb entrees”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have food allergies and Abigails is my absolute favorite restaurant to visit because I know I can trust them to be honest about ingredients and they will do everything they can to help me find a meal that I will enjoy safely. They make everything from scratch daily. They do not mind my allergies, either. Many places that I have tried to eat just don't want to deal with it. I know it is difficult for them, but I don't want to be sick later or take a trip to the hospital because they were not careful. I will recommend Aigail's to any and everyone. Clean, friendly and healthy food that tastes great. I can't wait to go back again!

• Visited April 2012
Leawood, Kansas, United States
“A fun night out”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The food is excellent, and has been when we have eaten here in the past. I would say I have had 4 or 5 meals here, all delicious and well priced. The service is not as consistently good as the food. This visit it felt like the server wished the day was over.

Visited October 2012
Roeland Park, KS, a KC suburb
“Great food- no need to drive to Columbia!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Nice choice of changing selections, great food, fun atmosphere. Make sure to you call to make a reservation for dinner.

Visited October 2012
Overland Park, Kansas
“WOW. A bit of Europe in a small Missouri town”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I went to Abigail's to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. WOW. WOW. The food was outstanding and unpretentious. Very similar to some of our favorite restaurants in California. There are only a few tables in the entire place so make a reservation! The menu is changed twice daily and is brought over on a dry erase board, which was charming. The decor was rustic and antique-y, and very romantic. We had pumpkin ravioli with brown butter, cherries, & pecans (HEAVEN), and roasted duck with apricot glaze, potatoes, and asparagus. Even though we were totally stuffed by the end, we managed to save room for some of the best homemade cakes we've ever had- chocolate chili cake for him, gooey butter cake for me. Reasonably priced too- for two amazing meals (both come with salad and bread), two desserts, and two glasses of wine, our entire bill was around $60. The service was prompt but not super interactive- that said, we don't enjoy waitstaff who are overbearing, so the fact that our waitresses was prompt but unobtrusive was a huge plus. Would DEFINITELY recommend!

• Visited October 2012