“Bad customer service”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Riverside
Clearwater, Florida
“Bad customer service”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I first learned about this hotel when I came up to Mo in 2008 from the Sunshine State. If it was not for the taxie driver I might of never found this place. But I told him I was up here on business and I was looking for a fun place to hang out. The argosy casino in right across the street. . I left the area one night to go to the moxie bar one of my favorite places to go.I asked the bartender to call me a limo to take me back to my room. Whem I entered the lobby a man came up to me and told me I needed to come with him. He was from the Sunshine State. So I left with him to the airport. It was a emergency flight back to Florida.Omce I got to Florida this guy dropped me off. About a week later I sent this motel 8 a letter. My clothes were left in my room & I needed to get them sended down to florida. He never answered my letter & then charged my credit card for 1 more week. This all took place in February.
I fly up here again in 2012 and decided to go back here because I liked the area.I went over to the casino till around 4:00 am I was getting tired and the casino was kinda slow at that time so I decided to walk across the street & get a room to get some sleep.He told me check-out was 10:00 am. I thought that was funny because I just got here and I require 8 hours of sleep.So I walk downstairs at around 5:30 the man on duty tells me that the breakfest is at 6:00 am. He also tells me again that checkout time is 10:00 am.If I want stay another night I"ll have to pay. I thought this is very funny because I never stayed 1 night yet. I leave an unhappy customer and would never return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
super8riverside, Manager at Super 8 Riverside/Kansas City, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Mr Richard thank for feedback through your reviews we come to know about your concern , it is very frustrating when you ch inn around midnight or late and front desk tell you about check out time i understand that feeling , but it is hotel motel policy if you check inn late night or so checkout should be same day , we can do the late checkout if the guest ask , and about cloths we have lost and found , and we keep all the small or big item for certain days, if guest contacted mean time for left items we send them back to the guest given address as soon as possible in your case how it happend , once again for your feed back we will focus that kind of issu in future,
Manager
Anwar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I am a repeat customer at this location because we are in the Kansas City area working a lot. The first time we found this hotel, I was hesitant as we have not had good luck with Super 8 locations in the past. I was pleasantly surprised...the first time we stayed. The room was clean and on the first floor and we enjoyed the stay. I seems like everytime we stay it gets worse. The next time we stayed the quality of the room has gone down hill. This last time we stayed we were on the second floor and it was like a totally different hotel. The sink didn't work right, no hot water. The shower was poor as the water was not hot there either. We will stay again as it is the most conveniently located to where our jobs are, but if we find another, we will change.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 11, 2012

group of five looking for a place to stay all hotels where booked they where have a bara que
cook off in town. we where there for a football game. staff at front desk excellent . cleaning crew
was the best. rooms where clean smell fresh. if i ever had a need to return to kansas city
i would stay there again. location was excellent easy excess to highway football stadium.
there is no restaurant. there a several places to eat around the hotel one in walking distance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My family stayed across the Argosy Hotel and we decided to stay the night another night in Kansas City; but the hotel was filled so we decided to make a reservation at Super 8 across the street. After spending the WHOLE day at Worlds of Fun we got to our room around 12 30 AM. My 1 yr old dropped his bottle on the floor in the middle of the night I woke up to find it covered in ants and inside the nipple. Ants were in our bed crawling on us our shower and even our towels. My husband and 5 yr old were so disgusted we had to shower again before we left .And their breakfast area even had ants crawling everywhere. NOT WORTH IT!! The guy at the front desk dint do anything blamed it on the weather. They told me they'd call me and give some money back and they never did. They need to just tear this place down and rebuild it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Travelers are raving about these Riverside hotels

Manhattan, KS.
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here two nights just as somewhere to sleep so we could do stuff in KC. The guy at the front desk was single handedly THE RUDEST person I have ever met. He basically whispered and when I asked him to speak up he was snippy. The lobby was hot and smelly and the front doors are dirty and rickety. This hotel has to elevator - we had to carry our luggage upstairs. The hallways were DISGUSTING - carpet was filthy walls were dirty. It smelled AWFUL! The rooms are super small. Our toilet was broken and ran all through the night. We had ants everywhere. I was tempted to sleep in full clothing because I was afraid that the beds were going to be dirty. Fortunately (I guess) they SEEMED clean. There were very few TV channels to watch and the picture was fuzzy and moved. The "pool" seemed to be about 4 feet wide. It wasn't even worth putting on a swimsuit. The "breakfast" was most definitely NOT a breakfast. It was some bagels, some muffins and some pound cake. I tried the pound cake and promtly spit it out. Not edible. There was 2 flavors of juice both of which did NOT taste like juice. There is nothing nearby except the Argosy. No gas stations or restaurants (except the ones in the Argosy). The soda CANS out of the machine were $1.00 in the hotel. I have to say the ONLY thing I liked about this hotel was the price and I see why it was as cheap as it was. PLEASE, I beg of you, DO NOT stay here!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ksu08
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverside
Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa Kansas City
#7 of 21 in Kansas City
Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
#50 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to Super 8 Riverside/Kansas City? Share your experiences!