“Parktoberfest”

Super 8 Riverside/Kansas City
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Riverside

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My family stayed across the Argosy Hotel and we decided to stay the night another night in Kansas City; but the hotel was filled so we decided to make a reservation at Super 8 across the street. After spending the WHOLE day at Worlds of Fun we got to our room around 12 30 AM. My 1 yr old dropped his bottle on the floor in the middle of the night I woke up to find it covered in ants and inside the nipple. Ants were in our bed crawling on us our shower and even our towels. My husband and 5 yr old were so disgusted we had to shower again before we left .And their breakfast area even had ants crawling everywhere. NOT WORTH IT!! The guy at the front desk dint do anything blamed it on the weather. They told me they'd call me and give some money back and they never did. They need to just tear this place down and rebuild it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Manhattan, KS.
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here two nights just as somewhere to sleep so we could do stuff in KC. The guy at the front desk was single handedly THE RUDEST person I have ever met. He basically whispered and when I asked him to speak up he was snippy. The lobby was hot and smelly and the front doors are dirty and rickety. This hotel has to elevator - we had to carry our luggage upstairs. The hallways were DISGUSTING - carpet was filthy walls were dirty. It smelled AWFUL! The rooms are super small. Our toilet was broken and ran all through the night. We had ants everywhere. I was tempted to sleep in full clothing because I was afraid that the beds were going to be dirty. Fortunately (I guess) they SEEMED clean. There were very few TV channels to watch and the picture was fuzzy and moved. The "pool" seemed to be about 4 feet wide. It wasn't even worth putting on a swimsuit. The "breakfast" was most definitely NOT a breakfast. It was some bagels, some muffins and some pound cake. I tried the pound cake and promtly spit it out. Not edible. There was 2 flavors of juice both of which did NOT taste like juice. There is nothing nearby except the Argosy. No gas stations or restaurants (except the ones in the Argosy). The soda CANS out of the machine were $1.00 in the hotel. I have to say the ONLY thing I liked about this hotel was the price and I see why it was as cheap as it was. PLEASE, I beg of you, DO NOT stay here!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ksu08

Travelers are raving about these Riverside hotels

Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stay at the Argosy Casino often as we live on the outskirts of town and don't like a late-night drive home. We have stayed here several times when the Argosy is full but it seems like this place has just gotten worse with no repairs in sight. The front desk clerks are nothing to rave about. The breakfast is not breakfast, but a snack before you leave. There are bagels, some bread and a toaster and coffee. Thats about all. The hallway carpet and walls are disgusting. The place wreaks of stale smoke. I realize that this motel is nearly 20 years old, but it is showing its age and lace of care and maintenance. I was hesitant to even sleep in the bed as it did not look very inviting (I guess it was clean??) The TV in our room was a tube style and barely got 3 channels. The only plus? Its usually got a vacancy and the Argosy Casino is just steps across the parking lot. I would not recommend this one unless you have absolutely NO OTHER OPTION. For out of towners - there is no other close hotel, other than the casino. There are no stores, gas stations, convenience stores, restaurants, etc (other than at the casino) nearby. The closest of ANY of those is about 3-4 miles north on the main road through Riverside. This will work probably if there are just adults in your party - the casino restaurants may not be your first choice with kids. They are pricy and you will have to walk through the smoke smelling foyers to get to them.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We brought our one year old to the Kansas City area to see my family for the Memorial Day long weekend. My parents had stayed at Riverside Super 8 two years ago and had a good experience. We expected the same. Although we had made reservations in advance for a king non-smoking room, when we tried to check in, we were told that they hasn't cleaned any of those rooms and all they had was a smoking king (no thank you! We have a baby) or a non-smoking double. We waited all day but by 8 pm, they still hadn't cleaned so we took the double. There were only four cars in the parking lot so I'm not sure why they didn't have time to clean since there were not many people in the motel.
When we got to our room, we decided to give the baby a bath but there seemed to be no hot water. After interrupting the manager reluctantly from his tv program, he came to our room to show us that the faucet was backwards and hot was cold and vice versa.
The next night, we arrived to our room to find that they had not cleaned our room at all. We decided to just go to bed instead of interrupting the manager again.
Although this was a holiday weekend and we had been promised that the pool would be open, there was not any water from Thursday through Monday. When we were leaving town, we saw another Super 8 that did have water in their pool and people swimming but not our Super 8.
The third night we saw that they had come into the room to clean, but I guess that just means remake the bed with the same sheets. I knew this because my baby had wet the bed the night before and the same ring (and smell!) was exactly in the same spot!
I also noticed when I was taking a shower that there was blood on the wall!
We will not ever visit this location again.

• Stayed May 2012
Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

There were ants the rooms, front desk didn't even offer to move us room or do anything about it just said deal with it! Terrible customer service, they told my wife to pack up and leave because they accused her for the reasons for ants. Not worth the price for the room had better service in other locations for the price

• Stayed May 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I travel a lot and frequently stay in the Kansas City area. This is a great room and my needs are always met each visit. The rooms are always very clean and the staff accomodating and friendly. I will continue to book rooms at this location when I am in KC.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverside
Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa Kansas City
#4 of 4 in North Kansas City
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport
#4 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to Super 8 Riverside/Kansas City? Share your experiences!