Super 8 Riverside/Kansas City
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed April 25, 2012

After reading the previous couple of years worth of reviews, I was somewhat worried about stayng at this motel. We were down there for the race the weekend of April 21 and 22nd. However, there were no problems with this motel. It is what it is a basic economy motel. The rooms were clean as was the motel. There was no odor, which has been a consistent problem in some of the reviews the last few years. The pool was not in service as it is the end of winter and would not be expected to be. Breakfast is the minimum included in this style with muffins, bagels, white toast and coffee cake. There were 4 varieties of dry cereal and apple or orange juice. They have vending machines and a ice machine. The refrigerator in our room did not work and they were unable to provide a different one. The Argrosy Casino is a two hundred yard walk across the street. Access is easy enough off the main roadways. Water pressure was good and there was adequate hot water. It was showing it's age with the ceiling needing paint badly in our bathroom and some unrepaired water damage in another room which another couple in our group had. In summary, this is a basic motel for it's class. They do the minimum expected and really nothing more. But, it is not the nightmare that some reviews would make you think it is.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had a group of 10 people that went to the Nascar races in Kansas City and stayed here. We booked 4 rooms for 2 nights through travelocity. They managed to screw up our reservations. The manager at the Super 8 was very helpful with making sure we would be able to stay here for the 2nd night. He even gave the rooms to us 25% cheaper than travelocity. We had a couple of issues with the room but they we're taken care of right away for us. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I booked a room using my Wyndham Account as I travel alot, I was in town for a three day conference. I brought my wife with me as the conference was at the Casino across the street from this hotel. We should have left when the Manager was as rude as can be, as we walked to our room the scummy handy man had tools and equipment all over the hallway. The smell was terrible, we thought it might just be from the work so we put our stuff in teh room and it was just as bad. We left for a few minutes so I could register at the conference, we went back and my wife got sick from the smell. It was like vomit and urine in the carpets, the spray painting did not help.
I informed the front desk we would be checking out due to the unacceptable conditions and the smell. They informed me that I still had to pay for the stay. I did just to get the hell out of this place. Ended up spending much more at the Casino Hotel but the cost was worth it. I do not know how this place stays in business. Wyndham calls this hotel a Tier 3 for points and it is far from it. I can tell you I would not want my worst emeny staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: GO to Argosy Casino if you need to be in this area
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Terry M
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have stayed in a lot of hotels, but this one tips the scale for horrible customer service. The general manager was not only extremely rude and unprofessional, but actually had me physically walk him to the room at 1:30 am to show him there were only 2 guests asleep in the room. He lied and made preposterous accusations and then upon check out he charged an additional $30 for having extra guests. This place is a joke and the general manager is a scam artist. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 23, 2012

This was the worst hotel experience in years! There was no hot water, the place was filthy inside (though the external appearance was decent), breakfast offering was a couple pieces of gross sugar cake and raisin bran, we were put in a smoking room, the place was in a mostly industrial area and the morning staff was dead or mute, I'm not sure which. Probably tired of complaints. The hallway carpet was so dirty that the grounds were cleaner and there was brown ugly stuff smeared on the bathroom walls. Get a tetanus shot first!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on 8/13/11. What a joke! The room was expensive, swimming pool was out of order (permanently, according to the sign posted outside), horrible smell throughout the hotel, and staff that need to learn about personal hygiene.

The TV had very limited cable (with more than half of the channels being very snowy, and unable watch). The bed (mattress) was encased in a plastic ziplock casing, so you were sleeping on PLASTIC!!!! very annoying and uncomfortable! The chair in the room had a big hole in it with the stuffing coming out of it. Stains were all over the carpet.

I also noted that there was a sign about guests having visitors (was not permitted, even if they were not staying overnight). If you had visitors, you had to pay for them to visit with you. I am glad I did not have to deal with this!

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel to ANYONE! Go to Motel 6! Better quality and service at that chain, than you will find in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I stayed at the Riverside Super 8 on a business trip for five nights ending on August 4th. Being here for an extended stay I came into contact with most of the staff and they were all very helpful with directions and recommendations to the best food locations. It's been a very hot summer and it was nice to open my door to a clean, cool room. Super 8 has a friendly staff and were very accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank tyh20

Been to Super 8 Riverside/Kansas City? Share your experiences!