Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa Kansas City
$159
TownePlace Suites
$129
$114
American Inn(North Kansas City)
$75
$73
Best Western Country Inn - North(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$83
$72
BestWestern.com
La Quinta Inn Kansas City North(North Kansas City)
$79
$65
All reviewshuge showerkansas cityrain showergreat bathroomrooms are bigwalk in showerhotel guestsbreakfast buffetking roombeautiful hotelfavorite hotelmini fridgecoffee makerwonderful staycompsshowerheadsheets
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I live in Kansas City when l can't get out of town this is a great staycay. The rooms are clean. Love the huge shower. And the beds WOW. I recommend this for fun times. Nice selection of restaurants. I rate this a high 9 out of 10.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I specifically book this hotel when I'm in town because the rooms are nice, the bathroom is AWESOME, the food at Olives is good and all of the staff is friendly. I'm not a gambler so I'm not including the casino in this review.
Anyone who visits should sit at the Olives bar and order a caramel apple martini. That's why I stay there. Sad, but it's the best drink I've ever had. On my last visit, I even had two truckers buying martinis because mine smelled and tasted so good. We laughed and talked for over two hours enjoying our drinks.
I have not had any problems here and again, love this hotel. I wish they had one closer to where I live. #staycation.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed for 3 weeks for a work trip. I was unable to move after several requests due to the rooms being covered under a blanket purchase agreement. Property is located in a nice quiet area by the river. Hotel is beautiful inside and out, however they do allow smoking in the casino and possibly even the restaurants (?). I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke so it bothered me probably more than others. As soon as you walk in the front doors you are overwhelmed with the stale smell. Think 1971 Howard Johnson smell.
Check-in staff was very friendly. No complaints. Rates range from $129 to $279 a night depending on the day of the week.
Rooms are nice. Beds are comfortable. High quality bath products provided.
Only one real issue with cleanliness. When I checked into my room the bed scarf had what looked like food splatter (barf perhaps?) on it. I pulled it off the bed and the remainder of the bedding, sheets, etc was fine. I placed this nasty soiled bed scarf on my bed with the grossness facing up every time I had the room serviced (maybe 12 times) during my stay. It was never exchanged. Sometimes even replaced with the nasty side down where it was hidden. Just gross. If it had been a functional part of the bedding I would have complained, however I didn’t. It just became a running litmus test for the cleaning crew for the duration of my stay. They failed.
Property has a small fitness center and spa.
Several restaurants on site. Crazy Olives is OK. The buffet is WAY overpriced for the quality. You can get much better food at a Golden Corral.
Ridiculous that in 2014 ANY hotels still charge for internet usage but you can expect to pay $10 for 24 hours of internet usage here.
I sort of expect a casino to provide basics like internet (If McDonald’s can give it free it stands to reason Argosy can) and fairly priced dinner options. After sucking you dry at the slots they want to get you again when you log in to your bank to refinance your house to feed your gambling addiction. (Was that my out loud voice?!?) Sorry, I got distracted……….
The one drawback to the location is that you are sort of held hostage here. No dining options unless you get in a car and drive somewhere.
If you are a gambler and don’t mind the smell of cigarette smoke then by all means stay here, you will love it. If you even THINK it might bother you, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank okiecb
Reviewed June 25, 2014

The hotel was beautiful and clean. The room was comfortable and pretty. The staff was also very helpful. I did not enjoy the casino and the bar within the casino was not good. The casino is blocked off so you do not have to walk through there. The hotel has many restaurants and a bakery that were good. We went for two nights and wanted to stay another but it was sold out.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Room was spacious, well appointed and clean. The bed was firm with little noise. The meeting rooms were fully functional (no broken or worn electronics). The staff was efficient and friendly. I normally would not consider a "casino" as a hotel option, however I was very pleased with every aspect of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business