“Pitiful”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Riverside
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“Pitiful”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This hotel has a casino attached to it. I've played at the casino before but the hotel is lacking. I stayed here just before Thanksgiving in 2013. My room smelled like ammonia. It was nasty. The hotel staff was rude, the restaurants were overpriced, and every amenity had an extra charge with it. Hotel management seemed that they did everything they could possibly do to stop customer loyalty, such as charging for drinks in the casino and then when you leave the casino and immediately try to return with the drink that you just purchased, you were not permitted to bring the drink back in. I do not recommend this hotel or casino to anyone and I will not return. Not only are the rooms here expensive but they charge for every single amenity. If I could give this hotel a zero rating, I would do so!

Room Tip: Find Another Place to Stay
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Chipster58

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival the smell if tobacco smoke was awful. The ventilation was poor. The customer service desk had moved and it took forever to find it. It was my husbands birthday and unfortunately this casino does nothing special for birthdays. Very disappointing . The buffet was average at best and over priced.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Alissa G
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Some friends and I went to Kansas City for a Chief's game and decided to stay here. It's really nice and I had a lot of fun at the casino. The dealers and staff were very friendly and I never felt dirty or out of place. It does smell smokey, but that's what happens when you stay i a hotel that permits smoking. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hollister, Missouri
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Check in was simple and check in staff was efficient. But that's where it all went down hill.
This hotel offers a beautiful room, and incredible shower. The bedding was soft, but never completely tucked in, so we could always see the mattress.
The bed was very hard, and I had a lot of pain every morning. My husband and I stayed for 3 nights and both feel best up and exhausted!
Wifi is not free, in fact its quite expensive.
Being that I personally work within the hotel industry may make me more critical, however I know how things should be.

When a guest requests extra coffee with a note and a tip, give them the coffee! She took the tip attached to the note but ignored the request.

I won't be back to stay here, and would discourage my friends from staying here.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CindyC3046
Gladstone, MO
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed for our honeymoon. We arrived late and had a long walk to the front desk. My wife had to walk in her wedding dress. The room was very nice and have no complaints. We didn't stay long, we left as soon as we woke up in the morning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cave Creek, Arizona
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I'm not a gambler so I don't stay at that many casinos. I was in Kansas City on business and we were having meetings at the hotel, so that is where most of us stayed. We paid the same rate that we've paid staying at hotels right in downtown Kansas City, but the rooms were ten times nicer. Large bathrooms, walk-in showers, separate toilet rooms. Very nice lobby and several onsite restaurants were an added perk. The only thing holding me back from a 5 star review is they allowed smoking in the restaurants and didn't seem to even try to segregate smokers from non-smokers.

Room Tip: South rooms give you a view of the river and downtown.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Monty E
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Very large and luxury rooms. Super wide and nice bathroom. 4 restaurants, the best thing is the buffet, everyday. I just tried today the Lobster buffet, 4 lobster tails and other excellent meal choices on Thursday for $30USD !!!! All days like 20 dessert choices,,, outstanding. I really loved it. I will try to come with my family in the future.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverside
Harrah's North Kansas City
The Westin Crown Center
The Westin Crown Center
#10 of 108 in Kansas City
Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center

Been to Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa Kansas City? Share your experiences!