“Beautiful Mediterranean Decor”

Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa Kansas City
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel and the casino are very nicely decorated in beautiful colors and Mediterranean styles. I was a little disappointed in the lack of free internet even in the business center, although the very professional desk staff was most willing to go on line and procure our boarding passes for us. The casino had an interesting decor with a simulated sky overhead and building facades surrounding. But the smoking was extremely irritating at times. Room was a little tight with beds and furniture but bathroom was really spacious all done in tile and marble with a rain shower. Food was just OK on the buffet. No pool, but great deal on ice cream cones.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa Kansas City

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here on our way to OKC for a couple of days. I had been here before on my own and wanted to return and show my family what a beautiful hotel this is. It is absolutely Las Vegas style with small shops and a fabulous buffet! My husband and I enjoyed everything from the room to the restaurants and casino. Not for traveling with children as there is not a pool. The other down-side is the internet cost but the front desk adjusted our rate from charging for the individual devices to one charge for the entire family. If you are looking for a couple's get away with a casino and luxury accomodations definitely check for this location.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a beautiful view of the river and KC at night.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Good: Showers are nice and the gym is excellent.
The Bad: Hotel smells like an ash tray, no swimming pool, no laundry room, wireless internet is $10 a day, airport prices on snacks($3 for a soda), breakfast is good but doesn’t open until 7am so if you are on a business trip you might be rushed, the buffet is ok but it is the same lunch and dinner 5 days a week so it gets old quick, nothing is close-not a restaurant not a gas station, every time I called the front desk from my room I had to wait several minutes for someone to answer

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed here on our way to a family reunion in Kansas. The room was beautifully appointed and the mattress was amazing, so amazing that we had to pull the sheets back to find out what kind it was! The bathroom was also beautifully appointed with an amazing shower. The only problem was that neither my husband or I could figure out how to change the water temperature so it was too hot for me, and on the border for my husband - we each individually tried with both knobs in the shower but without success. Also, we didn't have any hot water in the bathroom sink. We reported both to the desk clerk as we were checking out. The smoke was heavy in the casino (come on, Missouri - change your public smoking laws!), but our room on the 8th floor didn't have the smell so it was refreshing to come back to after a few hours in the casino. Perhaps the casino could update its ventilation system to the standards of the casinos in Vegas where the smoke is hardly noticeable. The smokiness is the only reason why I would not return to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gerbette
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Great hotel, if a bit challenging to find. Only 10 minutes to downtown KC and 20 minutes to the ballpark and stadium. Beautiful rooms and incredible showers, including mosaic tile and a rain shower head.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Booked the Argosy based on good tripadvisor and Expedia reviews. Got a fabulous rate of $109! This was an overnight stop on our drive thru the Midwest. We found the spot (middle of nowhere, Kansas city.). Older looking exterior. Came inside for check-in (very smoky smell). Nice check-in clerk! Asked what floor we wanted and recommended a high up floor for the neat view of downtown Kansas city. Got up to our floor (considerably less smoky smell), got to our room and was initially pleasantly surprised. Nice accommodations, great bathroom - HUGE SHOWER- great toiletries. Opened the curtains for our 'view' of downtown, plus the employee parking lot, dumpster and other industrial sites. Hmmm....

Left room for dinner - stayed to pick one of three options - steakhouse (pricey), Buffet (somewhat pricey) and a sports bar. Walked thru the buffet and NOTHING appealed to us. Looked like food had been sitting for hours. Went to sports bar. Ok meal. Nice waitstaff. There is nothing to order that is remotely healthy. Ate, went back to room.

We all showered to get rid of the smokiness that stuck to us. We didn't even go to the casino. Very enjoyable shower with two heads - (the one like rain from above is cool!). Then I saw the long, dark hair in the corner of the shower seat. Yuck. (my family is all blonde). Tried not to think about it, finished shower, got out, washed face with 'clean' washcloth and found another long, dark hair stuck to my face!!! Ewwww!!!

Got to bed, a little unnerved, great bed, nice thread count sheets! A little noisy in the hallway from the late night casino goers... But to be expected. Finally went to sleep.

Morning, went to breakfast buffet. Sorry, but yuck. Plates were not cleaned all the way - put several back before I found a cleaner one. Food just tasted "off.". Actually let my kids eat donuts cause they said their regular stuff (hashbrowns, pancakes) tasted wierd. We hadnt let on to them that we weren't overly thrilled with the food - this was on their own.

The hotel has promise, but the other stuff needs to be fixed. Wouldn't plan on picking this spot next time we drive through.

Room Tip: I think the guest parking lot is a better view than the 'downtown' side. Don't get a ro...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Had a day/night to kill while in town for business. Check-in was easy/smooth. Everything was modern/updated in the lobby, hallways, elevators, and rooms. Beds were comfortable, TV was large, room was spacious. Everything you'd expect in a higher end hotel. The bathroom was "baller status". From being able to hear the TV via speakers in the bathroom (that could be turned to any volume via a dial in the bathroom) to the double spigot showers, everything was luxurious. Nice tile, granite, tons of space, and separate toilet room. I felt like I was in a Las Vegas suite.

Parking was free and close - the closest I've ever had at a casino hotel.

The casino was a little dead, but it was a Wednesday night. Zoe's cafe had good desserts for a later evening treat, and good cappuccino in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jessica L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverside
Harrah's North Kansas City
The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection
The Westin Crown Center
The Westin Crown Center
#7 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa Kansas City? Share your experiences!