“Lovely and Quiet”

Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa Kansas City
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is a wonderful place to stay, whether you gamble or not. Proximity to the casino caused us to wonder if the hotel would smell of smoke. It was fine. The room was very nice, especially the shower with its rainfall setting (as well as a conventional nozzle you could opt to include). The bed was so comfortable and the light-blocking drapes so effective that it is conceivable one could sleep like Rip VanWinkle, past check out time. We felt some disappointment with front counter staff, in that one among them allowed us to remain confused about the availablity of a river view in a room with a king-sized bed. It was necessary to change rooms between first and second day to get what we had been clear in seeking from the outset: a room on an upper level with the view of the river. At check-in, were told that there are no river-view king rooms in the hotel. If this is the case, why did not the young man with whom I spoke by phone (twice) tell me this? We booked the room at least a month in advance. Fortunately, our room change to a double-queen was accomplished without inconvenience to us; we were able to get into our second room without needing to wait in limbo. We appreciate that very much.
The hotel looks brand new. Kudos to the housekeeping staff! One member in particular kindly helped my husband find his misplaced hat and made his day.
If you can book through a third party and get a discount, this is a fine value. Just make sure you understand whether your wishes are feasible, since third party booking seems to be lesser priority when it comes to special requests.

Room Tip: Based on what we were told at check-in, ask for a double queen if you want a view of the river.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

One may not look at a casino to stay while in Kansas City, but this hotel is beautiful. The rooms are tastefully decorated. The shower is huge and the beds are so comfy. All the staff are friendly and helpful. Three restaurants outside the casino are great. The Journey is a wonderful steak house, Crazy Olives, has many tasty sandwiches/burgers and beer and the Terrace Buffet, is loaded with choices.

Room Tip: River views only with two queen beds.
1  Thank sumackc
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I live in Kansas City and didn't think we really needed to go to a hotel 30 miles away...well, we decided to do it anyway, just for a night away. Completely worth it as far as the actual room goes. It was very nice and the bed was super comfy. We lost our money, but oh well! The breakfast buffet is something to skip. We didn't care for it at all. The quality wasn't up to par.

Room Tip: There really isn't a room with a great view so I don't really have any extra tips on choosin...
1  Thank Misty F
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My bf and I did not stay at the hotel, but did stop here twice during a "casino trip" over Labor Day weekend. I was very impressed with the decor and the grounds. It has an Old World Moroccan type theme, and it was very beautiful, clean and high end looking. The casino is arranged nicely, and has a good mix of old and new machines. We like the old reel style machines in 25 cent denomination, and we had a good mix to play on. Overall we won a few small payouts here and there, but we are not big gamblers to begin with.

We ate at the buffet our first time here as we had a 2 for 1 coupon. It was Sunday brunch, and it was pretty good overall. My bf enjoyed the shrimp and bacon, and I had a piece of carrot cake to die for. I wish I had left more room to try more desserts, as they looked absolutely delicious. Our second time here we had lunch at the Crazy Olives restaurant. The bf had a bacon cheeseburger on a pretzel bun, which he said was very good. I had a french dip sandwich which was very good also. The portions are generous, and the prices weren't too bad considering where you are.

Overall we enjoyed the casino and the restaurants, and will definately be back next time we visit the area.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Donna K
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Check-in was simple and quick, when I got to my room I discovered only foam pillows. I called and asked for feather and literally within three minutes they arrived at the door. This is just one example of how efficient this hotel operates. The humongous glass shower is inviting, refreshing and spa-esque. Very nice amenities throughout. Valet went the extra mile by drying out my rain soaked Jeep that sat out with no top all night. The only disturbing part was that when I arrived the night before I knew the rain was coming and said to the valet attendant "If you don't have a covered garage I will just have to deal with it, no problem."
When I drove away the next morning I spotted a covered garage for self parkers. I just don't understand why the valet guy wouldn't have told me, knowing the rainstorm was near.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I checked in about 7:00Pm on a Friday night. Check in went smoothly, and we went to our room which was very nice. We had a King size bedroom with refrigerator. The room was large; and had a in room safe, large wall-mounted flat screen TV, a lot of storage room. There was a very large bathroom with a huge marble shower big enough for 4 people! Lighting throughout was very good and had dimmer switches. We ate at the breakfast buffet which was included with our offer. It was sumptuous with wonderful made to order omelets. Checkout was quick and easy!

3  Thank doonie5048
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed In July 2012 and the hotel is beautiful. I didn't partake in the Casino side because I am not a fan of smoke.. but the rooms seemed to mask the smoking. But what I really want to get to is the shower!! good lord... Rain shower with an additional wall shower head.. tons of space... very nicely tiled... I spent one of the evenings downtown and it was pretty easy to get to.. despite one of their main bridges down for repairs..

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverside
Harrah's North Kansas City
The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection
The Westin Crown Center
The Westin Crown Center
#5 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa Kansas City? Share your experiences!