“Nothing sort of wow". And WOW!!!”

Arnie's Barn Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Ridgedale
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Whitney, Texas
“Nothing sort of wow". And WOW!!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Arnie's ( as in Arnold Palmer! ) colonial era 3-story barn from his family farm in Pennsylvania, purchased by Founder & Owner of Bass Pro Shops, Johnny Morris.

Disassembled & each piece numbered; hauled across country; and, reassembled @ Johnny's reopened Top of the Rock Golf Course, part of Johnny's crown jewel signature five star resort property, Big Cedar Lodge, on Table Rock Lake in Ridgedale, MO.

ONLY seeing is believing.

I went during the Legends of Golf Senior PGA Tour golf tourney. Despite being packed, service was superb & quick, & food was even better. I ate two lunches there. 1st lunch I sat @ the handful of seats overlooking part of the Chef staff @ a wood fired grill. GREAT entertainment! I had the beef enchiladas. I lived much of my life in Albuquerque & Santa Fe ( NM ), so I KNOW good Mexican food.

Suffice it to say about if the enchiladas measured up? I ordered the same meal my 2nd lunch there!

WAY TO GO TOP OF THE ROCK STAFF & MR. MORRIS!!!

Visited June 2014

Little Rock
“Still working a lot of kinks out”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Visited Arnie's Barn at Top of the Rock (part of the new Big Cedar Lodge facility) last weekend and since it is a very new restaurant it still has a lot of issues to work out. First our waitress didn't know how to use a wine bottle opener and wasn't sure that they had a children's menu. We ordered the queso and chips which were both bland and completely lacking in salt. Received our orders (Rotisserie Carnitas for the hubs and Braised Short Rib enchiladas for me) and my food was cold and also was very bland, like you would expect to receive if you were in a nursing home on a salt restricted diet. I am not a huge fan of salt, but some well placed seasoning would do wonders for this place. After they replaced my cold entree, I realized that they brought me the wrong thing but by this point my family had already eaten most of their food and I wasn't willing to wait for them to try again. The manager and waitress were very apologetic and comped my entree and even threw in some dessert. The restaurant is a really cool old barn with all kind of quaint dining nooks. The place has a lot of potential, I hope they are able to realize this potential.

• Visited June 2014