This place was MUCH more amazing than we expected! We had a studio in Building 2400 and didn't have much of a view, but we liked the room. The only things I'd change would be to get better pillows, add more lighting in the bathroom (it's also very small...just the toilet and tub/shower) and to have the TV on something that you could pull out and turn towards the bed because you can't watch TV from the bed very well. We never heard people talking while we were in the room, but hearing doors close and people walking down the hall were a little annoying.
The grounds were absolutely goregous...I couldn't believe all of the beautiful flowers they had. The indoor decor everywhere is fabulous too so even if you don't use the restaurants or other facilities, you should at least walk thru to check them out. The food prices were reasonable, I thought, for a big resort. Service at Devil's Pool Restuarant and Buzzard Bar was not great, but maybe that's because we were there on Memorial Day weekend and it was busy. They had a HUGE fireworks display on Sunday evening that seemed to last forever. It was a nice surprise.
The newspapers (USA Today) in the morning and the cookies in the evening were a plus. We used the miniature golf (nothing special except for the GIANT fish on hole 9), paddle boats, and the Lazy River. They have free shuttles available, but everything is within walking distance along nice paths.
We loved this place, it's been one of our favorite trips and we will definitely return in the future. I would highly recommend it!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your The Wilderness Club at Big Cedar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Big Cedar Wilderness Club Hotel Ridgedale
- Big Cedar Wilderness Hotel
- Big Cedar Wilderness Ridgedale
- Big Cedar Wilderness Club Ridgedale