“Can you say Heaven”

and 1 more site!
The Wilderness Club at Big Cedar
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ridgedale
Reviewed October 30, 2007

OH MY GOODNESS, I don't know if 5 stars are a high enough rating for this place. This vacation was a gift from my sister and brother-in-law (I surely now know they must love me). When we arrived at Big Cedar I know that I lost my breath, it is in a gorgeous setting. We stayed in a lodge, they had a 1 bedroom and my husband and I had a studio next door so the door opened between the two rooms which meant we had a HUGE place. The decor is first class (I would love to hire their designer) and they think of everything you could need from shampoo,condtioner, dishes, pots & pans dishwaher detergent and even the laundry detergent if you have a room with a washer & dryer. Really all we had bring was food and drinks, or they have restaraunts there on the grounds if you don't want to cook. If you need to go anywhere, just call the shuttle and tell them what time and they will be there to pick you up! I will caution you about 2 things, 1- you will get so spoiled to the cookies that they bring you every eveining and 2- you won't want to leave! This place is awesome!, the staff is outstanding and the surroundings are breath-taking!
Thanks to my sister and brother-in-law, I have found a piece of heaven right here on earth!

• Stayed: September 2007
3  Thank meagin97

Reviewed October 25, 2007

We have been owners since the beginning of Big Wilderness Club and ALL of our stays have been fabulous. The resort itself is beyond compare if you like an outdoor atmosphere and beautiful views. We have liked all of the rooms we stayed in. Our only complaint has been the actual booking process. In comparing our experience to another review, I guess we are just no longer flexible enough to be able to get the time we want, when we are able to book it. But for folks who can be more flexible and book ahead, I can't imagine having issues. Our rooms always have everything you can think of and if not, we have just called to have it delivered. You can't beat the cookie lady either! And for those with kids.........very family oriented. We will probably sell our timeshare for something that better suits us, but I have to say that the property itself is lovely.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank DiveGalKansas
Reviewed October 22, 2007

This is our 4th trip to Big Cedar resort. Our whole family looks forward to going to Big Cedar time and time again. This trip my daughter (10 years old) spilled some hot cider on her hand in the boutique. The lady behind the desk escorted her into the bathroom to run cold water on her hand while my husband went to get me in the nature tower. The staff called the first responder team and security and they attended to my daughter very promptly. The first responder gave her a stuffed animal when he was done assessing her. We retreated to our room to rest and suddenly there was a knock at the door. A staff member delivered a tee shirt and card personally signed by the front desk staff to my daughter. She was thrilled and we all felt that they cared about us and the rest of our vacation.
The next night, our lodge neighbor had a barking dog in their room. We called the front desk and security was there within minutes. They located the owner and the barking stopped. Big Cedar credited a portion of our room cost for the inconvienence.
We love Big Cedar and have recommended it to all our friends and family. They are truly an example of excellent customer service.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank OklahomaBusymom
Reviewed October 13, 2007

We have just spent a delightful 5 days in a 3 bedroom cabin and hated to leave. The accomodations were first class, 3 bedrooms each with its own bath, roomy living room, well equipped kitchen, very large deck and excellent gas barbeque. The activities, either at Big Cedar or Wilderness Club were great. Beds were comfortable, and proximity to Branson good. The only thing wrong is that the improved golf course is not yet open. This is our 4th stay here, 2 times in lodges and twice in the villas. Each time has been great and we have always been able to get the accomodations when we wanted them by planning ahead or being somewhat flexible in our dates. I cannot understand the poor ratings given by some guests.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank mrsbur
Reviewed August 12, 2007

We visit here often as my husbands parents are members of the wilderness club. I love big cedar, as soon as we drive in the entrance I feel like I am in another part of the country. I prefer the cabins over the lodge rooms but both are well supplied and comfortable. The decks overlooking the lake are just gorgeous and it is perfect for the first morning cup of coffee. The restaurants although a little pricey have great food. The cfs gas station up the road has a guy there over the weekend that smokes the best ribs ever. You can get a full rack for a really great price. I really have nothing to complain about with Big Cedar, I enjoy it every time.

• Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank fussytravelerIL
Reviewed July 19, 2007

It has been a week now since our return from Big Cedar Wilderness Club and I already feel homesick. We are Bluegreen owners who have stayed at many resorts, but this one is tops for me. My wife, two kids(6 & 4), Mother, Father & Mother-in-law and myself stayed in a three bedroom cabin that was just gorgeous, spacious, and beautifully decorated both inside and out. So much to do at this resort but some activities come with a fee, but we took advantage of all the free stuff. Paddleboats, canoes, very nice mini-golf course, swimming pools, huge lazy river, numerous hiking trails are all complimentary activities that kept my kids and parents entertained all week. Some of the on-site restaurants are pricey but we thought the Truman Smokehouse was very reasonable and delicious. My six year old loved their ribs!
During our stay we hated to leave this place but my son wanted to go to Red Lobster for his sixth birthday so we drove into town, ate, saw the Twelve Irish Tenors show at the Branson Variety Theater and headed back to the resort which is located 10-15 minutes from the busy traffic of Branson. If you do want to go into town a lot learn the alternate routes. They will save you a lot of time. One other day we took in a lunch cruise on the Branson Belle which is not in town and very easy to get to from Bid Cedar. I thought the food and entertainment was excellent and something everyone should do at least once. Other than that we had an excellent time at Big Cedar and is probably one of my favorites trips. The mother-in-law and kids still like our Ocean front vacation at Shore Crest I last summer better, but the accomodations at Big Cedar were much nicer.
On a side note someone knocked at the door one evening(besides the cookie lady) and wanted to take a look at a three bedroom cabin, in return we got to see their two bedroom cabin that they were staying in. Both are very nice and spacious.
I never received a phone call from the sales people which is unusual, but ended up calling them myself to see if I could view what a room in the lodges looked liked. My wife and I spent fifteen minutes looking at the one bedroom and the studio (which can be combined for a two bedroom). These rooms are also very nice and would not hesitate to stay there. I would ask for the two bedroom if traveling with more than four people though. But the rooms looked just as beautifully decorated and comfortable as the cabins but without a lot of the extras.
This is definitely a resort that we'll be returning to. Keep in mind that there are only three 3 bedroom cabins so they need to be booked far enough in advance if you can.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank djkrolow
Reviewed July 10, 2007

Overall, one of the best family vacations we've taken. The resort is beautiful and well maintained. Best housekeeping job I've seen at a timeshare EVER. The staff is very friendly & helpful. All services were 1st class including the great food in the restaurants and the best ski boats we've ever rented. Nightly cookie delivery was a great touch....one we came to anticipate. The fireworks at the hotel were over the top great. I loved the "not crowded" feel of all the facilities. 4 adults & 3 kids (10, 11 & 12) want to return next year with more friends.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank swhiteca
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgedale
The Keeter Center at College of the Ozarks
Marriott's Willow Ridge Lodge
Westgate Branson Lakes Resort
La Quinta Inn & Suites Branson-Hollister
Comfort Inn at Thousand Hills
8 mi away
Hilton Branson Convention Center

Been to The Wilderness Club at Big Cedar? Share your experiences!