“THE place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ridgedale
Cabot, Arkansas
“THE place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

Expect and receive EXCEPTIONAL accommodations, service, and attention to every need. Big Cedar is THE place to stay.
We have stayed in both lodges and in cabins in every area of the resort and find something charming about each one.

Room Tip: Every detail for an outstanding visit is always covered at Big Cedar. We have stayed in cabins at e...
2 Thank cabotbushes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
Waterloo, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

We love Big Cedar. Beautiful resort and excellent restuarants.
Great service!

We have stayed at Big Cedar numerous times during the last 12 years and we alway look forward to our next vacation at the resort. Little pricey but we alway come back for the experience.

Room Tip: We love staying at the Falls Lodge.
1 Thank rkloeppel
Lee's Summit, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I spent our 27th anniversary at Big Cedar after a referral from a friend. We had a cozy one room log cabin with a real wood burning fireplace and an operational kitchen (pots and pans and dishes) . It was the BEST place we have ever stayed. We wanted to return the following year but we waited too long to make our reservations and we couldn't get in at the time we needed. We stayed at another log cabin near Branson and it didn't even come close to Big Cedar. I wanted to make sure we made it this year so I booked our room in May for a January arrival. Our 29th anniversary was just as nice as the 27th. Guess where our 30th will be :)

6 Thank Tim C
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

The grandview lawn was a beautiful location for my wedding day. But the communication and customer service of big cedar ruined the experience. It was incredibly hard to contact them, and on my wedding morning I arrived to find the white wedding chairs piled and muddy on the lawn. A crane stood directly in the background. These things were taken care of before the ceremony but it shows a bit of the lack of communication. The waterfalls had been turned off and there was construction taking place as well- which was not relayed to me beforehand. The beautiful landscaping for photos was a big part of why I chose big cedar and I was very disappointed. A jackhammer ran in the background during the entire ceremony. The chairs are the only thing big cedar provided. It was a hot outdoor wedding and we were not offered anything to drink. I was offered their public restroom as a place to change and prepare for the wedding. I felt second class. Considering the cost of renting the lawn was outrageous it was a waste. My advice- dont book big cedar.

• Stayed September 2013
16 Thank Laurabt24
Zachary, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stumbled upon this place 22 years ago but it was too pricey for our limited budget. We promised ourselves to come back when we could afford it:-)
We stayed at the Springview Lodge section of Big Cedar. Our view was perfect in every way!
From the minute we checked in we were super impressed- our room, the employees and the amenities couldn't have been better. We ate at all of the eateries with the Worman House being exceptional. Our only complaint was there weren't enough places to eat to accommodate the number of guests staying onsite.
It was our anniversary and we were surprised by a cake and champagne flutes compliments of
Big Cedar.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake and mountains.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Libby M
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

My brother works for Bluegreen, so needless to say, I spend a lot of time here! The pictures do not do this place justice! Everyone there is so friendly, the sites are amazing and beautiful. Watching the sun set from the top tier hot tub is by far my idea of peaceful.
My fiance and I have been at least four times now. We are in between Waikiki and Big Cedar for our honeymoon, and we are definitely leaning towards Big Cedar!
It is THAT nice of a place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CRP2015
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

These cabins were very nice. We rented 3 of them for a family vacation. Beautiful property with privacy yet amenities. My only complaint is that the owners were unreachable when I wanted to rent my boys fishing poles on Sunday.

(We actually stayed at the cabins December 2012 but tripadvisor would not let me choose that option).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mamacarla3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgedale
Westgate Branson Lakes Resort
Fall Creek Inn & Suites
Fall Creek Inn & Suites
#60 of 140 in Branson
Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa

Been to Big Cedar Lodge? Share your experiences!