“Anniversary get away”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ridgedale
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Anniversary get away”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I spent our 27th anniversary at Big Cedar after a referral from a friend. We had a cozy one room log cabin with a real wood burning fireplace and an operational kitchen (pots and pans and dishes) . It was the BEST place we have ever stayed. We wanted to return the following year but we waited too long to make our reservations and we couldn't get in at the time we needed. We stayed at another log cabin near Branson and it didn't even come close to Big Cedar. I wanted to make sure we made it this year so I booked our room in May for a January arrival. Our 29th anniversary was just as nice as the 27th. Guess where our 30th will be :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Tim C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The grandview lawn was a beautiful location for my wedding day. But the communication and customer service of big cedar ruined the experience. It was incredibly hard to contact them, and on my wedding morning I arrived to find the white wedding chairs piled and muddy on the lawn. A crane stood directly in the background. These things were taken care of before the ceremony but it shows a bit of the lack of communication. The waterfalls had been turned off and there was construction taking place as well- which was not relayed to me beforehand. The beautiful landscaping for photos was a big part of why I chose big cedar and I was very disappointed. A jackhammer ran in the background during the entire ceremony. The chairs are the only thing big cedar provided. It was a hot outdoor wedding and we were not offered anything to drink. I was offered their public restroom as a place to change and prepare for the wedding. I felt second class. Considering the cost of renting the lawn was outrageous it was a waste. My advice- dont book big cedar.

• Stayed September 2013
17 Thank Laurabt24
Zachary, Louisiana
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stumbled upon this place 22 years ago but it was too pricey for our limited budget. We promised ourselves to come back when we could afford it:-)
We stayed at the Springview Lodge section of Big Cedar. Our view was perfect in every way!
From the minute we checked in we were super impressed- our room, the employees and the amenities couldn't have been better. We ate at all of the eateries with the Worman House being exceptional. Our only complaint was there weren't enough places to eat to accommodate the number of guests staying onsite.
It was our anniversary and we were surprised by a cake and champagne flutes compliments of
Big Cedar.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the lake and mountains.
4 Thank Libby M
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My brother works for Bluegreen, so needless to say, I spend a lot of time here! The pictures do not do this place justice! Everyone there is so friendly, the sites are amazing and beautiful. Watching the sun set from the top tier hot tub is by far my idea of peaceful.
My fiance and I have been at least four times now. We are in between Waikiki and Big Cedar for our honeymoon, and we are definitely leaning towards Big Cedar!
It is THAT nice of a place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CRP2015
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 3, 2014

These cabins were very nice. We rented 3 of them for a family vacation. Beautiful property with privacy yet amenities. My only complaint is that the owners were unreachable when I wanted to rent my boys fishing poles on Sunday.

(We actually stayed at the cabins December 2012 but tripadvisor would not let me choose that option).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mamacarla3
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had another exceptional get away at Big Cedar Lodge to help celebrate the New Year 2014. If you haven't been you need to go. Beautiful grounds ,comfortable rooms or cabins, friendly staff and delicious meals. They have a spectacular fireworks display at midnight and we were able to watch it from the comfort of our room balcony! The attention to detail is beyond expectations from the beautiful white lights outlining and decorating everything to the cookie lady that delivers cookies and turns down your bed every evening. It is our happy place!

1 Thank shopper1226
Yantis, Texas
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is a great place to visit as a couple or with kids or even groups. This was our 6th visit in the past 20 years and we will continue to visit. At Christmas & New Year's it is decorated beautifully. Great restaurants and activities on the property.

Room Tip: Great views from Falls Lodge or Valley View
1 Thank Luanne P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgedale
Westgate Branson Lakes Resort
Fall Creek Inn & Suites
Fall Creek Inn & Suites
#60 of 140 in Branson
Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa

Been to Big Cedar Lodge? Share your experiences!