“Honeymoon at Big Cedar”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ridgedale
Peoria, Illinois
“Honeymoon at Big Cedar”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Went to Big Cedar for our honeymoon in November 2013. Absolutely loved this place. All the staff could not have been more helpful. Stayed in a cottage across from Devils Pool Resturant and Buzzard Bar. Great room. Wanted to be close to the resturant and bar. Didn't know there was a free shuttle to any place on the property. For a quiet dinner choose Worman House. Devils Pool and expecially Buzzard Bar can be a little loud. But Worman House is quiet. It has an area with fireplace and piano you can just sit and relax. It also has a better menu. Much prefer it to Devils Pool. The entire trip was excellent Would go back in a nanosecond.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Everything was nice and class ,it gave me what I was looking for to give my wife thanks , I read sum reviews , and they talk about the prices , There is a lot and to maintain the up keep and pay people a okay amount to work and care for the guest , its not cheap to do so .... yes it cost , to enjoy is to let go and enjoy folks......... WE HAD A ABSOLUTE GREAT TIME AN WE ARE NOT WEALTHY ........ Thank you all so much

Room Tip: All I saw and Stayed in was top notch...... even the cheaper .... the resort makes up but it is not...
1 Thank Dhandieone
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Perfect for couples and families. This is my happy place! The views are spectacular and the staff is very welcoming. We love the food at all of the restaurants. My kids love the endless amount of activities available. We never want to leave. We love big cedar!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Hgdhtcdsc
Bridgeton, Missouri
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We came to Big Cedar on our 50th anniversary Get-A-Way gift to ourselves. We had a one room cabin that was furnished to the hilt with comfort!! And to top it off, EVERYTHING WORKED!!!!! We've been there before, stayed in Falls Lodge, had a wonderful time on our 47th anniversary. Went to Dogwood Canyon and that was really "something to write home about". To us, there is no better place to go if you want impeccable service, beautiful accommodations and away from the bustle of Branson. Set in the hills and valleys of the Ozarks, the view is absolutely spectacular. Thank you Big Cedar for wonderful and lasting memories!!

Room Tip: Big Cedar is the place to go if you want absolute comfort and good service.
1 Thank brusancatcouple
Weeki Wachee, Florida
Reviewed December 19, 2013

My husband and I went to Branson to see the Christmas shows. I was searching for Carriage rides and came across Big Cedar Lodge. The grounds were amazing but the location is far from
town and the sights and sounds of Branson. We took the wagon ride but we felt it was extremely overpriced. We could have done the horse drawn carriage rides for $10 cheaper. The only difference was the wagon ride does the firepit with smores and hot chocolate. Live and learn. Guess I should have done my homework. All in all it was fun and nice grounds.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I took my son, mom and sister here for a 3 night get-away this summer, as we've always wanted to stay at Big Cedar even though I'm not a fan of Branson itself. The resort was set on beautiful grounds with some good views of the lake - we never even left the grounds to go to Branson, though we did leave one morning to go horseback trail riding, which they do not offer on-site. However, my favorite things about Big Cedar were the pools, hot tubs, and lake facilities (canoes, etc.). My 9 year old son was in heaven bouncing on the lake trampoline and canoeing with his aunt and pool hopping all day. The restaurant in the lodge-type building was nice, though it would get old eating there day after day. We did try the Sunday brunch at the other restaurant, which was nice, and the downstairs bar for lunch, which had many of the same menu items as upstairs. The only thing I did not like were the fairly dated condos - very musty with green and mauve color scheme - not really my preference. We may try the little cabins across the lake next time. Also, check vrbo for rentals - the pricing is outrageous if you go through their own website. I think we pays about $400/night for a 2 bedroom condo, and later, I found some online for $199 on vrbo, though the dates were not as flexible, since people were selling their time share weeks.

Room Tip: Condos were a bit dated.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank SLResortGirl
New Lenox
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We were here for 3 days on a business conference and it was amazing. Our room was one of the older ones but was still decorated beautifully and well taken care of. The staff was very attentive and friendly. Loved the nightly turn down and cookie. Hope to go back in the summer to enjoy all this resort has to offer.

• Stayed December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgedale
Westgate Branson Lakes Resort
Marriott's Willow Ridge Lodge
Westgate Branson Woods Resort
Fall Creek Inn & Suites
Fall Creek Inn & Suites
#61 of 140 in Branson
Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa
D'Monaco Luxury Resort & Restaurant.

Been to Big Cedar Lodge? Share your experiences!