“Beautiful place - Lousy Hospitality.”
Review of Big Cedar Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ridgedale
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ridgedale
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I were taken aback by the beauty of this facility. This was our first and last time to stay here. Our cabin was clean, neat and very cold as well. The heater did not work and our cabin stayed at or below 62 degrees the entire stay. My wife suffers from Fybromalsa and was unable to sleep.

At 9:00 on Saturday morning we were awoken by heavy duty back hoes doing construction. By 9:30 AM housekeeping was loudly banging banging on doors. Her name was Michelle. She entered our cabin without knocking twice and was quite rude to my wife.

At the cost of $175.00 PER NIGHT this was not a proper way to treat a guest.

We will visit Branson again, but Big Cedar is not on our list for a return visit. The roads are NOT marked well - please head our warning about Devils Pool Rd.

Jack & Susan Mason

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Jack M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,516)

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Very impressive! Beautifully cared for! We stayed in Thunderhead Cabins, as they are the only pet friendly rooms. Pretty much out of the way, which has it's pluses? The cabins did not fit with the luxury feel of the resort. I was not impressed considering we paid a $100 pet fee for a 20hr stay! All in all...the costly promised pet benefits were no where to be found, no biodegradable poop bags and no gift for our pooch. Even after calling the desk, still no resolve.
The unattractive floating dock detracted from the view.
The fare at the ONLY restaurant was nice but quite a hike from our cabin. Would have loved to enjoy the Sunday Brunch but it was cost prohibited. Would have been nice if there had reasonable price for those staying on the resort!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ruby1947
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Overall it was a great place to stay, some things were a little pricy but I would definitely go back, Soon. Great place to fish. The resort was clean the staff friendly and you can walk to any where on site.

• Stayed: April 2013
JanainRidgedale, Director of Sales at Big Cedar Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Big Cedar Lodge. We hope to see you again soon and we appreciate your opinions! We are working very hard to bring even more amenities and special experiences for our guests. Please check often on our website to see the progress of these great new projects.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My wife and I married on Sunday, April 7th. 2013. It was a beautiful wedding, and reception. We spent the night of our wedding at Downstream Casino, and then set off for Branson the following morning.

We booked reservations at another location in which we thought would provide us that private getaway we were looking for. We arrived in Branson, close to 4pm, checked into our "breakfast / bed" **lodge** From the previous days activities and excitement, we were spent, so we took a nap, waking up later, set out to Branson for some dinner.

We were VERY Disappointed in the 1 day experience from our initial reservations we made. (Coffee still wasn't ready at 7:15am) So we set out for Denny's, where we asked the waitress for any recommendations on places to stay. (Which is where she recommended Big Cedar Lodge) **Kudos to her**

On our way back, we came in and spoke with Julie and J.J at the front desk. WONDERFUL people they both were. They listened to our quandary we were in, Julie gave us a map of Big Cedar, advised us of what they had available. (couple of options) *recommended a 'fishermans cabin' at Thunderhead Point, and gave us a discounted honeymoon rate on a 2 night stay. Here's what I liked most. Julie never once tried to high pressure us into booking the cabin, she simply said, "take our map, go have a look, & if you like what you see, come on back" Loved that!!

So that's exactly what we did. Let me tell you. These cabins are GREAT! Small, yet private, and quaint. Queen sized bed, nice kitchen area (full sized fridge, oven, sink) ****COFFEE POT*** furnished with dishes, & all the other essential kitchen items.

So we went back to see Julie at registration to reserve the room for a 2 night stay. Let me put this in context. (It was 9am) Check-in wasn't until later that day. She told us they would call once the cleaning staff had it all prepared for us. (which was 30 minutes later)
Enter J.J. ((Superstar Management))

He had oversaw our discussion with Julie. Offered us a nicer (Honeymoon discount price) and a "special treat" our 2nd night at Big Cedar Lodge. How could we say no, Right?

We checked in shortly thereafter, after haggling with the previous location, and getting our personal belongings.

What a great 3 day, 2 night stay we had at Big Cedar. My wife and I enjoyed the beautiful lakeside "fisherman's cabin" a little fishing on the dock, Lunch, and Dinner on their provided propane grill. Went on a romantic canoe ride up the cove, enjoyed some relaxation in their Hot Tub.

Big Cedar is everything I could've wanted, on a honeymoon with someone who is everything to me. We had a wonderful experience. Would recommend it to any honeymooners, couples, or families looking for that once in a lifetime type experience.

In closing, I'm sure some are wondering just what that "special treat" was....
We received a knock on our door that 2nd evening. Room service had delivered us 2 complimentary bride & groom toasting glasses and a personalized freshly made cake (that was DELICIOUS) that had written "Best Wishes"

Big Cedar Lodge... I would like to say Thank You so much for your friendliness, and your willingness to go above and beyond our expectations! It was truly amazing!

God Bless You all,
Can't Wait to come back!

Mr. & Mrs. Modras
Joplin - Missouri

Room Tip: Thunderhead Cabins for a private, romantic up on the lake type atmosphere.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AaronModras
JanainRidgedale, Director of Sales at Big Cedar Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Congratulations on you marriage! And, thank you so much for sharing part of it with the Big Cedar Lodge team. Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience. We are so happy that you had a wonderful time and we hope to see you again soon. Maybe on the first anniversary!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spent a weekend here in mid-March, just before the start of the season. Maybe things are different during peak season. To us, the resort, though nice, seemed a little dated and overpriced. At the time of our stay there was a major construction project taking place, which should bring the main restaurant, bar and pool area up to date. Unfortunately for us, this meant waking to the sound of heavy equipment operating at 8:00am on both Saturday and Sunday. The “cookie lady” turndown service is a nice touch and we did enjoy the Sunday brunch.

Room Tip: The Knotty Pine cottages, while cozy, may be a little too close to the Devil's Pool Restaurant a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have to preface this review by noting that I'm not a big fan of the "great outdoors" as a whole. I'm not the hiking, hunting, fishing type. Generally these kinds of "lodge" resorts do not appeal to me. My wife got a sweet deal on a 2 day stay here through Bass Pro Shops so we gave it a try. We actually were supposed to stay at a Radisson Inn but the lodge called and upgraded us to their 2nd tier room for very little more. It was a pretty amazing deal actually.

So on to the property. The road down was VERY windy and you had to take your time but once you get on the property it's pretty nice. They were doing a lot of renovation and new construction that could be seen. We stayed in the "Falls Lodge" which has waterfalls flowing (intentionally) over the road so that you drive through about 3-4 inches of water every time (a nice touch). My family (my wife and I, 3 children) had a room with 2 queen beds in it. The room was large and we didn't feel cramped at all. We had a nice balcony overlooking the property (with a decent view of the lake). The room came furnished with the usual ammenities and furnishings. The bathroom was of particular note because it had a very large jacuzzi tub which all of us enjoyed (I think only I took a shower, the rest wanted to take a bath).

The beds weren't as hard as many I have slept on and they did have a mattress cover (I think it was down which I dont care for) so that helped a little. I wouldn't say I slept well but it was definitely not the worst.

We didn't eat on property so I can't comment on the food. We used our Bass Pro gift cards (we recieved $75 in gift cards as part of the deal...like I said it was an AMAZING deal) at an off-property restaurant instead (White River Fish House, review pending).

They made a shuttle available that we utilitized while we were there. We just called the front desk and the shuttle would take us anywhere we wanted to go. We used it to go to one of the indoor pools on the property. The pool was nothing special but the kids had a good time. They also had a hot tub just outside the pool area.

All in all we were quite pleased with our stay and I would recommend it. Not sure if I'd go back but that's only because it's just not my cup of tea (rustic hunting lodge). Of course, if they offered us the deal we got this time I just might, even despite the timeshare spiel you have to listen to. I can't complain about that either because we knew it was part of the deal and the folks we dealt with were pleasant. They even had an area for the kids to be supervised and have activities rather than sitting through the timeshare spiel (about 2 hours...it was a little long).

Room Tip: "Falls Lodge" is close to the exit and has a decent view!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Quentin A
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

The view from cabins and lodge are superb. Great onsite restaurants and spa and lots of activities for all ages! Love the trails and ths boys loved the pools! Also enjoyed the proximity to local entertainment without being in the stimulation of Branson.

• Stayed: April 2013
6  Thank UNC_Indy
JanainRidgedale, Director of Sales at Big Cedar Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write about your experience at Big Cedar Lodge. We are glad you enjoyed our beautiful surroundings, amenities and your overall experience. We hope to see you again soon and thanks again for your feedback.

Jana Letterman

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgedale
The Keeter Center at College of the Ozarks
Marriott's Willow Ridge Lodge
Westgate Branson Lakes Resort
La Quinta Inn & Suites Branson-Hollister
Fall Creek Inn & Suites
Fall Creek Inn & Suites
#73 of 133 in Branson
Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa

Been to Big Cedar Lodge? Share your experiences!