Big Cedar Lodge
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Ridgedale
See available hotels
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,545 results
All reviewstop of the rockbuzzard barworman housedogwood canyonvalley viewbasssinging cowboyroom cabinhorseback ridingcave tourtable rock lakethe cookie ladywilderness clubbeautiful resortcookiespaddle boatsdevil's pool restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Big Cedar was the venue for our national boat club's annual meeting and boat show. I hadn't expected much class from the outskirts of Branson MO so was floored by the elegance of this well designed and richly appointed hillside resort. The balconied rooms in the three story lodges were opulently furnished with Old Country eurofurniture, stuffed pheasants and animal skins. The staff was uniformly helpful. The shuttle service between buildings was always prompt. The hillside babbling brooks were restful and charming. The resort easily handled our 100+.vintage boats on solid covered docks which also provided ready access to the dozens of miles of interesting waterways

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
JanainRidgedale, Director of Sales at Big Cedar Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you so much for your response about your recent stay at Big Cedar Lodge. We thoroughly enjoyed having your group on property and it was quite an experience for our team to not only see the lovely boats but to meet the lovely people who are part of your organization. Again, thank you for your very kind words and we hope to see you again soon!

With genuine Ozark hospitality,

Reviewed September 25, 2012

my husband surprised me for with an anniversary trip (long weekend) to big cedar lodge. it was AMAZING. every single person we encountered went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and had our needs met. from checkin, to room service, to spa, to wait staff and even the shuttle around the property. the people could not have been any nicer. the restaurants were incredible...a little pricey but what i would have expected from a resort on property restaurant! the only thing i would not recommend is room service...the guy was super nice and timely with our food but it just wasnt any good...
i would definitely recommend this place and hope to return with my whole family in the future!

Room Tip: we stayed in the cabins and loved having our privacy
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
JanainRidgedale, Director of Sales at Big Cedar Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you so much for your response and comments on your recent stay at Big Cedar Lodge. I'm delighted that you had a wonderful experience and were greeted with our own genuine Ozark hospitality. We hope to see you again in the near future. I would love to hear more feedback and specific details on your experience with room service so we can make the appropriate steps to correct the situation. Feel free to reach out to me at jldaugherty@big-cedar.com.

With Genuine Ozark Hospitality,

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This past week my wife & I spent about 5 days in a 1 bedroom cabin and this resort is FIRST CLASS top to bottom. The cabin was unbelievably GREAT, both the Devils Pool/Buzzards Bar Restaurant the Worman House Restaurant were Fabulous. both restaurants cater to Gluten Free which was a wonderful surprise. We were there as part of the International Antique Boat Show and they handled the large group of about 150 antique boats and I'm sure somewhere upwards of 500 people without a hiccup. The shuttle buses and golf carts were all very prompt and courteously picked you up and dropped us wherever we wanted to go. EVERY employee had a smile and we never heard "no" from the the resort no-matter what the request. Every evening the "Cookie Lady" dropped by our cabin with fresh baked cookies. Just another nice touch from a real CLASS ACT RESORT. I'm embarrassed to say I'm from Missouri and this is the first time we've been to Big Cedar, it certainly won't be the last.

Room Tip: There is a map of the property, I requested an area, was told no guarantee, was absolutely accommodated....FABULOUS!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank stevenreichman
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We last went to Big Cedar Lodge in 2006, stayed in a private cabin, and had a great time. This time we took our two-year-old daughter and stayed in Falls Lodge. The view from Falls Lodge is breathtaking. Our daughter loved the taxidermy that is rampant at the property, especially the Bear in the lobby of Falls, and she also loved the springs on the property. The food was magnificent everywhere we ate, but particularly at the Worman House. I very highly recommend the Shiitake Mushroom Ravioli, and my husband's steak was cooked to perfection. The breakfast buffet at Devil's Pool was amazing and well-priced. The pools were a hit, too, especially the zero-gravity pool at Devil's Pool. The only thing I would do differently is to spend more time on the property and less time at the Landing and Silver Dollar City. It is the most relaxing place I have stayed in a long time.

Room Tip: The private cabins are great, but I thought the views were actually better at Falls Lodge, and the price was much better! I would stay on the top floor if possible, as it has the best views.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AmandaTheGreat
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I love Big Cedar Lodge and my latest visit for a low key bachelorette weekend didn't disappoint. We stayed in the Falls Lodge and loved our room. Our second floor room had a fantastic view. The beds are very comfy. We enjoyed the hot tubs, pools, lazy river, and even the kiddie slide. We love the Buzzard Bar for food and for the fantastic entertainment, Clay Self. We did several other things offered on property like tie dying t shirts, cookie decorating, and a coco butter massage at the spa. We also tried the paddle boats, but didn't have much success. I have already rented someone's time share for a large group of us on Thanksgiving and I am counting the days until we get to return!!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sumer88
JanainRidgedale, Director of Sales at Big Cedar Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Sumer,

Thank you so much for taking time to write about your experience at Big Cedar Lodge. We love to hear about our guest experiences. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance!