“Beautiful resort!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ridgedale
Kansas City
“Beautiful resort!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

We truly enjoyed our week's stay at the Big Cedar Lodge! It is a huge property with at least 4 pools (including two with a bar), Lazy River, great restaurants, FREE: paddle boats, mini golf, shuffle board, CD movies to take back to your room, Friday night movies for the kids by the pool, some-mores around the campfire, direct access to Table Rock Lake, flowered walking trails with waterfalls and ponds, etc., fishing, etc. There is a marina and 20 minutes away is the WONDERFUL 11,000 acre Dogwood Canyon Nature Park owned by the same people where we took a Tram Ride to explore the park and see Elk, Deer, Buffalo, & Big Horn Texas Steers free-ranging. The canyon park has MANY springfed waterfalls and beautiful scenery. We went back 3 different days and also rented Segways and Bicycles and Hiked. There are golf courses near the resort and it is very close to the city of Branson, MO with about 50 shows to pick from, as well as shopping, water park, and Silver Dollar City amusement park. The cookie lady came to our room everyday with 4 big cookies - a different variety everyday. You can save money by checking into re-renting someone's timeshare condo instead of staying in the Lodge. Here's the link: http://www.bigcedar.com/default.aspx

Room Tip: You can save money by checking into re-renting someone's timeshare condo instead of staying in t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DianaKansasCity
JanainRidgedale, Director of Sales at Big Cedar Lodge, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Diana,

We are so happy that you had a wonderful time while at Big Cedar Lodge. We love to hear about your experiences! We hope to see you again soon and please continue to let us know how we are doing!

Big Cedar Lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
Springfield, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

You will not be disappointed with a visit to Big Cedar. It is an absolutely wonderful place which I highly recommend...especially for couples. It is a first class place that my wife and I have never been disappointed. Their cabins are very romantic and offer a lot of first class amenities.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jdwiser
JanainRidgedale, Director of Sales at Big Cedar Lodge, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent review of Big Cedar Lodge! We are glad you had a lovely experience and we love to hear guest feedback. We hope to see you again soon and if there is anything I can do to assist you please let me know!

Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were only there for one night.....Way not enough time! Stayed Monday Sept 3rd in a 2 bedroom/2 bath Log Cabin. It was very expensive, but worth the splurge! We grilled steaks on the deck rather than go to the restaurant. The cookie lady showed up at the front door at about 7pm, but we weren't ready for turndown services, so she left us yummy gingersnaps. The grounds are exquisite! There's something for all ages to do. I can't wait to go back and stay a few nights when the weather's cold and we can take advantage of the fireplace! We will be back without a doubt!

Room Tip: There were 5 of us. 2 adults 2 teenagers and 1 6 year old. 2 bedroom cabin was perfect size!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Diane,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Big Cedar Lodge. We greatlly appreciate the feedback and we will take your thoughts into consideration for the future. We are glad you had a lovely experience and hope to see you again soon!

Lee's Summit, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

My family and I love the Table Rock Lake and Branson area and have stayed in several condo's and hotels in the area. I think I have to rate the Big Cedar Lodge as my favorite so far! We stayed in a 1 bedroom cabin with a loft. We loved the cabin and enjoyed building our own fire in the fireplace every night. The evening cookie delivery was a fun touch. It was nice to get there and find pop in the refridgerator and chips and popcorn in a basket. I loved the lighted Jacuzzi tub too! The bed was just average in comfort. The Devils Pool dinner we had wasn't that great but it was made up for by the brunch at the Worman House (don't miss it!). The Devil's Pool swimming pool was very strict and would not let us bring our cooler in. We did not appreciate this since we were paying a premium price for Labor Day Weekend ($435 a night!). It seemed like they were worried about loosing a few dollars on a couple of pops or a snack. We had a guest tell us that we could visit another pool on property and take it in so we moved location. The grounds were beautiful and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We rented a movie to watch each evening at no cost. We went horseback riding at Dogwood Canyon. I didn't think the ride was that great. The guides had no personality and it was a long quiet ride. If it looks like it could rain take a jacket or poncho because they seem to ride no matter what and don't offer any protection from the weather or rescheduling. I was really a little afraid when we left for our ride. The skies were black and the wind was blowning. It started to rain and we got cold. Luckly it stopped raining soon. It left me wondering what we would have done if it started thundering and lightening if we were 30 minutes into the ride. We got to see the Fireworks on property for the Labor Day Celebration and they were great! They were some of the best I have ever seen. Don't hesitate visiting this property, you get what you pay for and overall it's well worth it here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank psychrnm
Thank you for your review of your Labor Day stay at Big Cedar Lodge. We are always happy to here our guests' feedback. We are glad your overstay was a positive one and that you enjoyed the scenery, the fireworkds and our genuine Ozark hospitality. Thank you also for your candid feedback on your review of your Devil's Pool Dinner and the policy about the coolers at the pool. Do you mind giving me your room number so we can further review your experience and make appropriate adjustments for the future? We always appreciate the opportunity to make positive changes!

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

North Platte, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

The hotel services were outstanding ( a little expensive - but worth it). The view from our room was breath taking and the resort was so serene. Definitely the perfect get away.
Happy we purchased the timeshare through bluegreen to continue the visits here.

1 Thank ChrisPaulsen
Chris,

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at Big Cedar Lodge. You are absolutely correct - the views are amazing! We hope to see you again soon.

Edmond, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

To be perfectly honest I was not very excited to go to Big Cedar. The trip was for a few of my coworkers and our families. Once I got there my attitude changed very quickly. This place is beautiful! It is in the mountains overlooking a beautiful lake. Are room was very clean and had plenty of space for my husband, son, and myself. I have a hard time unwinding, even on vacation, but this place did it for me. The pools and activates are great. One pool had upbeat music and a bar that was very nice. They also have a pool that is a lazy river that was a lot of fun as well. It also had a hot tub you can sit in and look at all the mountains around you. We played lots of games like volleyball, putt putt, and shuffle board. The Singing Cowboy at the Buzzard Bar was a lot of fun. We went and listen to him twice he was so good. I would have to say my favorite part of the trip was when I got up early to sneak out for a run and my son caught me. He said he wanted to go with me. He strapped on his sneakers and we ran in the mountains early morning fog. It was breathtaking. We couldn’t help but to stop and just stare. We also had a few little friends (bunny, fish, squirrel, and frogs) that we saw on are run. I would look at this place like a destination not a place to just stay. I thought we would go into Branson but once there we didn’t want to leave. That being said we didn’t prepare to not leave. It got very costly buying all our snacks and drinks there. I would suggest bringing them with you. Also, if you plan on boating or horseback riding reserve those activates way in advance. They were totally booked when we stayed there.

Room Tip: If you do not want to walk a lot when you stay here then ask for a room by the main dining and pool...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Monica B
JanainRidgedale, Manager at Big Cedar Lodge, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Monica,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at Big Cedar Lodge. I'm thrilled that we exceeded your expectations. We love to hear your feedback and we take it very seriously. Please let me know if you have any other praises or concerns. We hope to see you back again sometime soon!

Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

I'm quite a traveler and I gotta say that Big Cedar is one of the very best there is! I can't believe one would find such a resort of this caliber and detail hidden outside Branson, Missouri! Yes, the price for lodging is high for most of us but this is one time in which it's really worth it. This place has the best service and most friendly staff I've ever seen. The food is just great, from a hamburger to a steak everything has flavor and is well prepared. Just walking around the campus you see attention to detail. Some of the most gorgeous landscaping anywhere in the world. It's premier and you must stay here at least once in your life. There's no bad room, you just have to pick your price range. Probably the best bang for the buck is to ask for a rate on the little green cabins down by the Devil's Pool. They have the most ambience for the price. You'll find your room is awesome, your service is awesome, the food is awesome, the views are awesome, the recreational options are awesome like a full service private marina with free canoes to use, a fitness facility to rival any professional club back home, and pools and landscaped hot tubs that you'll never wanna get out of!!!!! Check it out and if at all possible....stay around Christmas time as the decor, lighting and atmosphere is so detailed and awesome you just won't want to leave!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a rate on the little green cabins down by the Devil's Pool, they are the best value. Ot...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tony B
JanainRidgedale, Manager at Big Cedar Lodge, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words! We love to hear our guest experiences. We hope to see you again soon.

Director of Sales & Marketing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ridgedale
Marriott's Willow Ridge Lodge
Westgate Branson Lakes Resort
Still Waters Resort
Still Waters Resort
#26 of 140 in Branson
The Keeter Center at College of the Ozarks - Lodging
Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa
D'Monaco Luxury Resort & Restaurant.

Been to Big Cedar Lodge? Share your experiences!