“Nice place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria
Iowa City
“Nice place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2009

Had a conference downtown Saint Louis and decided to stay here instead of downtown. The hotel was a great deal, and offered free parking, free high speed internet and free breakfast (standard), which is something you do not get downtown. One of the perks was having it so close to the metro. I could walk to the train in less than five minutes, and the train took me to any number of the downtown locations someone would visit, including the convention hall I was attending.
The staff was friendly and helpful. There is a mall across the street (looked nice though I didn't go), and some shopping. There are some decent restaurants pretty close by too (walking distance), and some more within a couple miles of the hotel.
I would stay there again if I had the chance.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
White Lake, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2009

Stayed here with my girlfriend for one night in July while visiting my sister in St. Louis. Only stayed one night, got it for $45 plus tax bid on Priceline.com.

This Residence Inn is laid out more like an apartment complex - there are no interior corridors or anything like that, its like apartment style buildings with four units on each floor. There are volleyball/tennis/basketball courts around them as well. The area is near a lot of mall and restaurant action but is set behind all of that so its pretty quiet. Parking was a little inconvenient for where our room was related to where we parked our car but that wasn't too big of a deal. The room was quite spacious and the bed was comfortable.

My biggest complaint was the breakfast area was way too overcrowded - we had to wait in line to get a table and the families with lots of small children were ravaging the food quicker than the breakfast attendant could put it out there. The breakfast was very good, however, not up to the level of say a Hampton Inn but close to that. Eggs, sausage, the works. Housekeeping was very aggressive in trying to get us to vacate our room on Sunday morning - check out time was 12 Noon but at 10 they started pestering us every 20-30 mins which also got to be annoying.

I wouldn't mind staying here again but by no means would I go out of my way to try to stay here. But for my first experience at a Residence Inn I wouldn't hesitate to stay at one again, since I know that most have interior corridors and are much newer than this one.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2009

I thought this Residence Inn was a great value (low Priceline rate) conisdering the good location, close to lot's of fun activities / restaurants / shopping and major roads.

The unit was clean, had free internet (wired not wireless) and appeared to be modern in decor. Typical for Residence Inn's there was lots of room.

The hotel had a nice, small workout room with new machines and a good size pool. The breakfast was very nice, a good selection of hot food including eggs, sausage, waffles and oatmeal.

The location was this properties biggest asset, walking distance to the Saint Louis Galleria Mall which has several good restaurants including a Cheesecake Factory and another small shopping center with a PF Changs and Magianos. The Metro train stop (Richmond Heights) is one block away and the entrance to 1-70 is also one block.

If I was in this area and could get Priceline rate again, I would stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, MO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

I do not recommend this hotel, and I hope that priceline.com does not have this represent their 3 star rating hotel selection moving forward. The hotel is a motel. The rooms are very old, and the beds are very uncomfortable. The rooms are outdated and we had someone else’s hair in the sink. We came back to the hotel after dinner and there was a security guard walking around...trust me they needed a couple more. Please think twice before staying at this hotel. If you are looking for a place to stay that reminds you of the backwoods of Alabama with a city feeling then this is your place.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Richmond Heights hotels

Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2009

Shared the unit with friends, It had an upstairs loft, and the downstairs had a murphy bed, the mattress was very uncomfortable as was the furniture, all seem to be just worn out. The unit was clean & the staff was excellent, the grounds were well kept. It is in easy walking distance to the city transit system. The area is a very nice part of St.Louis. Close to great shopping.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2009

Stayed here with my husband and step-daughter for vacation. The room was VERY much in need of updating. Our room was quite run-down with old carpet (I wore flipflops when walking on it) and outdated furniture and furnishings. There was lots of room, but NO privacy at all unless you went into the little room with the shower and toilet. This wasn't convenient at all. The people staying above us had a dog that kept jumping on and off of the bed, and we could hear every step they took on the floor. Our room was also very close to the highway and traffic noise was loud.

The two positives I can think of are the location right next to the Galleria mall, and the free hot breakfast buffet. The buffet is a good exercise in patience when the hotel is busy - like it was when we were there.

We won't be staying here again unless I learn that they've done a major renovation. Too many other nice places to stay in this area for the price.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Mid-MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2009

Overall very pleased with our recent stay. Read plenty of negative reviews after already booking room, so was a little worried. But very pleased with everything. Prompt, knowledgable staff at check in. Room was very cleaned and easily accomodated us with plenty of space for our 3 toddlers not to feel cooped. Having 2 bathrooms was a major plus as well as 3 tvs w/ easy access to hook up dvd player for kid movies. Broderic at the front desk was very nice and helpful. General manager (did not catch name) seemed to be near front desk at every visit and extremely friendly. Would certaintly return next time we are in St. Louis

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond Heights
Homewood Suites St. Louis - Gall...
#1 of 2 in Richmond Heights
Forest Park
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Louis / Forest Park
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton

Been to Residence Inn St. Louis Galleria? Share your experiences!